cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

~ Updated Sept 26th 2019 ~

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/pat-mcgrath-labs

NEW PRODUCTS

Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/blitz-astral-quad-P451138

Obsessive Opulence: MatteTrance Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/obsessive-opulence-mattetrance-lipstick-P451132

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mothership-vi-eyeshadow-palette-midnight-sun-P449790

Eye Ecstasy: Eye Shadow Palette Mini

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/eye-ecstasy-eye-shadow-palette-P448447

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-P447519

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Primer

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfecting-primer-P447764

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-setting-powder-P447770

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-brush-P448622

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Powder Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-powder-brush-P448623

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.27.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

I was planning on purchasing that palette @Saradestin during the Rouge sale. I am looking forward to receiving it.

Oh yes, thank you! @AznAngelLiz What did you get? I got a Red lip pencil $14 and the Rose decadence kit for $31. It was too good of a deal to pass up 😍.

@Buootiful Yay!!! I'm glad you got some goodies. I picked up the Mothership Totale 1 for $122 Woot Woot!! 

@AznAngelLiz  Now that's what I call a serious bargain (by PMG standards)! Hope you enjoy your new Motherships! 

I didn't use the promo code because I already have pretty much every PMG product I want (that's currently available). I... might have a problem. 🤣 But thanks for sharing! I'm glad you and other folks were able to scoop up some great deals! 

@WinglessOne Yes, I was one of those thinking that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and needed to take advantage! I ended up buying three Motherships!! 🎉🎉🎉 I am so excited! I can wait to receive them, I am not in a rush, but do not cancel Pat!!! 

@Saradestin  I hope you and everyone else get shipping notices soon (instead of cancellation notices)! 

I saw you mentioned above that you grabbed Mothership I Subliminal. @AznAngelLiz also has that one coming as part of her bundle. Subliminal is one of my favorite Motherships. It's tied with Midnight Sun for second place. (My favorite Mothership is Decadence.) I'm glad y'all were able to get it at such a great price! 

@WinglessOne All Motherships are so beautiful! They really are like art masterpieces to be collected and displayed just to sit in front of them and look. Spectacular! 😍

@AznAngelLiz. I got the discount 3x without even having to type it in! Thanks! A dream come true!

@Ispend2much6 Yes! It was exactly like that, a dream come true! I have had the Mothership V in my wish list for YEARS, literally, and after seeing this sale, I had to grab that one and two more, because I will never see anything like this again (or I am not expecting to see it in a looong time!)

@Saradestin   I can't wait to see the looks you make with your palettes!  I'll need inspiration. 🙂  We will NEVER see a sale like this again, especially without having to go to TJ Maxx or similar.

The Bronze Seduction palette is really nice.  The shades weren't right for me but they were gorgeous.  I bought Divine Rose 1, Subliminal, the Artistry Wand, Divinyl in Flesh 7, and Subversive.  My first Motherships! 

@Ispend2much6 Great choices! It is impossible to go wrong with any palette. They are all so beautiful! I am keeping my fingers crossed because I still think that we may get the orders cancelled 😖. I am checking everyday for the shipping notice 😅

@Saradestin  You are far more restrained than I at once a day!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, yay, I grabbed the Blush Without Caution trio for $36 and one of the balms for $13.50. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled, as it'll be my first experience with both! What a *fantastic* deal!

I wasn't too interested in the upcoming Bridgerton 2 launch until I noticed this about the included lipsticks: these aren't MatteTrances, Lip Fetish balms, or BlitzTrances; they're SATIN CREAMS! 

Screenshot of PMG dotcom product page.Screenshot of PMG dotcom product page.

Some of you know how much I love my LuxeTrances, and how bummed I was to see that entire lipstick line discontinued. So I'm super happy to see these! I don't care if they're Bridgerton themed. (I've never watched the show so the theme means nothing to me.) I care that they're cream satins, and I hope to see this formula become a permanent PMG product (with an expanded shade range) to replace the LuxeTrances. I mean, if these new lipsticks are good... gosh, I'll have to buy one to find out. 🤣 I see a new Elson shade's available, and I seem to be subconsciously collecting all the Elsons, so... 

EDIT: Product page says these have a medium buildable finish, so I guess they won't be as full-on pigmented as the LuxeTrances. But I still have my hops up. I mean, Pat also calls all the non-Divinyl Lip Fetish balms "sheer" yet they're quite pigmented on my lips, so I expect these new satin lipsticks to be opaque. 

@WinglessOne I feel the same. The Bridgerton collab is meh (wish she just did a regular mothership instead of these 6 pans) but I’m super intrigued by these lipsticks. I have so many of the LuxeTrance and the formula is so good, I’m hoping these match up. Plus the bow and pastel packaging is calling to me.

@makeitup305  I’m sure a Mothership’s coming this year, though I kinda hope it’s not Bridgerton themed. If it is, then it’ll probably be yet another pink palette with perhaps a light blue astral shade, judging by the themed 6-pans. I want something more fun and exciting, dang it. 

The lipsticks though! I have high hopes for them. Can’t wait to compare one to a LuxeTrance in person. 

@WinglessOne I hope she doesn't do any more pinks. Idk what's going on with that, all her palettes (including quads and 6 pans) up to DR1 all had varying color stories even when they had similar themes. I would love an earth tone palette from her or something. She released that VR kit but we haven't seen anything like that in a palette in a while.

@makeitup305  I'll sound like a broken record but: I can't help but compare PMG's string of pink palettes to the fun and more varied palettes Natasha Denona's released in the same timeframe. Example: 

Spoiler
Why would I buy the new Bridgerton 6-pan when I could get ND's new15-pan Pastel palette—which has a broader color story—for the same price? I'm not even a big fan of pastels, yet the ND palette's far more intriguing to me. 

I guess one could argue that the PMG 6-pan is more of a face palette since it contains highlighter + 2 pink/berry shades that can work as blushes. But some of the ND shades can also be blushes, just with a different finish. 🤷‍♀️ And sure, maybe this is an unfair comparison since PMG's palette is meant to fit the theme of this TV show. Still, I imagine ND's version of a Bridgerton palette would look quite different. 

Both brands' shadow formulas are fantastic. It's just that one brand's been more creative with palettes than the other in the last couple years. Sure, other brands have released pastel palettes—and this new 15-pan's not Natasha's first pastel rodeo—but comparing these 2 specific brands, one excites me more than the other lately when it comes to eyeshadows. 

Also, I'm tired of people claiming "well the brand has to cater to the general public, and the general public loves pink color stories right now." Nah, I'm pretty sure Pat McGrath, with her highly editorial MUA history, can release any dang color story she wants, no matter how "unconventional" it is. I keep wondering if Midnight Sun scared PMG (not just Pat but other folks with a stake in the brand) away from adventurously themed palettes; something tells me that palette didn't sell as well as, say, Divine Rose I (which cracks me up because DR1 was almost entirely a curated palette of existing shades). I assume PMG's sold plenty enough of these pink-themed 10- and 6-pans (and quads) to make up for it. Surely Pat can move on to something different now. 

I hope the very recent Dark Star V3 is a sign of more creative things to come. I'll happily take another blue-themed Mothership over more pink. Still waiting for a green-themed one though—and no, Sublime doesn't quite count (to me) since it contains just one green shade. 

@WinglessOne I feel the exact same way. I haven't picked up ND's Trio or Circo bc they weren't exactly what I was looking for but I feel much more inspired by them than most of Pat's new releases. I've regretted purchasing both the holiday palette (I ended up returning the quads I bought) and the first bridgerton, not for the quality, just the meh feeling they give me. I was going to pick up ND Pastel but ended up making my own pastel palette and ordering from Lethal Cosmetics (and spending double, oops!) because I was that inspired. 

Spoiler
These two palettes are really inspiring right now too. They remind me of Subliminal, which I just picked up with the 50% off extra code glitch.
Screenshot_20220323-144033_Instagram.jpg

20220323_144849.jpg

I wonder if the blitz formula that everybody loves and looks for is just getting prohibitively expensive and that's why it has been mostly of palettes that are guaranteed to do well.

@makeitup305  Oooh, those are both beautiful palettes! This reminds me I've never tried Adept Cosmetics' shadows, mostly because their palettes sell out before I can make up my mind about buying one. And I'm glad you were able to get Subliminal with the extra 50% code! 

I don't know how expensive the blitz formula is to produce vs. Pat's other "special" formulas, but I did notice it's missing from some of the last releases, like Divine Rose 1 and 2. I didn't expect to see one in Huetopian Dream, so that was a surprise. Last month I swatched (via FaceTime) Decadence for someone who wanted to see how it looked compared to similar blitz shadows. She started out saying "if only Decadence was all blitzes instead of metallics," and I couldn't imagine how much more expensive that palette would end up being. 

@WinglessOne I just tried Adept and picked up their Plain Jane Remastered and I love it. I was really impressed with how they packaged and shipped it. I think if you have a lot of duochromes it would be a little redundant but the formulas are top notch. I was thinking about picking up the Heather Austin collab but since I just bought Subliminal and have the Glaminatrix on pre-order for May, I'm going to pass. 

A 10 Pan Blitz would be crazy expensive but I'd pay Mothership prices for a 6-pan of all blitz in the lacquer packaging. 

On another note, have you played with the Lethal Cosmetics palette builder? It's so much fun and so easy to use. It completely enabled my overspending lol they need a few more special shades but for mattes and shimmers they have a ton. 

8,508 Replies
testing