cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

~ Updated Sept 26th 2019 ~

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/pat-mcgrath-labs

NEW PRODUCTS

Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/blitz-astral-quad-P451138

Obsessive Opulence: MatteTrance Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/obsessive-opulence-mattetrance-lipstick-P451132

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mothership-vi-eyeshadow-palette-midnight-sun-P449790

Eye Ecstasy: Eye Shadow Palette Mini

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/eye-ecstasy-eye-shadow-palette-P448447

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-P447519

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Primer

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfecting-primer-P447764

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-setting-powder-P447770

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-brush-P448622

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Powder Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-powder-brush-P448623

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.27.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

@Sunnysmom HAHA thanks!

That's great, @ChristalM !  I'm so happy for you! 🥳

@Titian06 thanks! I realize this was a silly obsession but there you have it!

@ChristalM - I don't think it's silly!  If you hadn't pursued this, you would have always been upset with yourself, especially everytime you saw your collection.  You did the right thing for you! 😘

Hi @ChristalM,

I apologize that we don't have insight into inventory details for this item. However, please be sure to click the "Email When In Stock" button and add your email address, if you haven't already.  That way, you can be notified about any restocks on the site. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

I am so sorry, @ChristalM !! 😥  If the items in the set are broken out on the site, then I would contact the company about the refund.  I can understand being done.  I have a few companies on that list.

@ChristalM  I'm sorry your order's missing an item. 😞 I ordered 2 of the 5-pans on launch day (also within a few minutes of launch) and my order took a long time to ship. In fact, it arrived in 2 shipments: the Sith palette arrived first in the usual black PMG box, but the Droid palette arrived a few days later from a different distro center in a plain "normal" shipping box. 

I'm sure you've already contacted customer service by now. I just wonder if your order was split in 2 packages like mine was, especially if the 5-pan you're missing is the Droid palette. Whichever one it was, I hope you receive it soon. 

@WinglessOne  wow interesting. I received the droid and sith but am missing the golden one. Oddly when I finally received a shipping notice it said my order was partially shipped but yet the full order was listed. I wonder if the other one might be coming separately. Fingers crossed. Hopefully customer service will respond with some news 

Thanks for the information!

Pat Mcgrath Star wars glitch for free gift! *Edit. I can go as low as $232 with bundle or  $261 with bundle/ gloss. Lol, Im sleep deprived. I guess when the bronze quad gets added, it counts towards $300 threshold and that's why it remains after you remove an item.. @WinglessOne 

If you add $300 of product and then remove an item, you get the Celestial Bronze borealis quad!. I think the subtotal is how you can determine if you get tye free item. I happenned to get a bundle AND I added 2 lippies by accident and then removed one. My cart price was $296 and before I entered the trilogy10 code.Screenshot_20221216-073612.png

Before entering diacount codeBefore entering diacount code

@Buootiful  Good job! 

Also: Rakuten is 10% cash back for Pat McGrath today (well, as of this morning). 

I only bought 2 items (2 of the 5-pans). As much as I also want one of the cream eyeshadows, the price stopped me. Yes, I know Pat's price is inline with Hourglass and VBB for their shadow pots—though the other 2 brands' pots contain more product. I'll hold off on Pat's until I see more demos and swatches from folks, if they don't sell out anytime soon. 

@hersheykisseslv I will be getting all the 5 pans. I LOVED the holidays ones so much that I bought backups and I have never done that in my life! The metallic formula is incredible! So excited for Friday.

I think this is a nice collection. I’m excited for Divine Droid. Sith Seduction is nice, but may be a little too smokey for me. The Golden one looks safe and a little the same like her other products. The pigments seem nice but I don’t get a lot of use out of products like that. 

@hersheykisseslv Sith Seduction seems like a curation of 5 of the shades in the Mothership but w/o the special formula. Divine Droid looks fun, and the most unique. 

Unless swatches and reviews of the LE  products are amazing, this is an easy skip for me. Idk why she repromoted Midnight Sun if it's her lowest performing palette (at least I assume so since it's been on sale on her site for $77 for a long time). Maybe that's why she's doing that one? Put a sticker on it and boom! new palette.

@makeitup305 @I didn’t know it was her lowest performing palette. I really like midnight sun. 

@SportyGirly125 I don’t have data to back that up but I’ve seen the palette on the PMG site for $77 for months, maybe a year, so I’m inferring that they have a hard time selling it. I do like it, but it’s not my favorite. I need to pull it out again to remind myself what I think about it. From what I remember when I used it, I liked all the shades and it performed but I was a little underwhelmed by the color story as a whole.

@makeitup305 @SportyGirly125  Heh, Midnight Sun is my second favorite Mothership. I remember many people not liking the color story, but it's right up my alley. Especially if you have the Nocturnal Nirvana Blitz Astral Quad, which turns Midnight Sun into a full rainbow. But I'd love that palette even without the quad. 

I do keep wondering if people's reaction to Midnight Sun is why Pat's been stuck in pinks and roses for so dang long: that color story's super safe and folks keep buying those rose Motherships, so... 🤷‍♀️ At this rate, those of us who want something less safe (or at least not bleepin' pink) will have to rely on smaller palettes like the quads and 5-pans, I guess, or the annual MTHRSHP Megas. Anyway, I'd love to see how that palette's sold compared to other Motherships. It's not the only one I've seen discounted for months at a time, but I'm sure it's sold less than, say, Bronze Seduction or any of the Divine Roses. 

@WinglessOne I've see other palettes discounted but not at $77 for so long, I don't think. I have wondered the same as you as to how it performed in sales vs other palettes. I'm sure Bronze Seduction and Divine Rose are some of her best sellers, like you said. It's funny because I think the color story of MS is super safe. It's mostly neutrals- the red shade is not that red, the green isn't super intense, and the copper and gold are common warm tones. It's a rainbow palette for the neutral lover. However, I think what throws a lot of people off is that purple. I think it throws the vibe off for "regular" makeup wearers. 

For me, I'm just not drawn to the special shades in this palette. The pearly blitz astral I have in another palette, and other 3 just don't draw me in. I don't look at the shades and think "wow, I want that on my eyes right now", like I do a lot of my other palettes. I'm not a big fan of the purple, personally. Idk what it is- the tone, the depth, or what but it's just meh for me. If that green were one of the special shades, it would probably be my most used Mothership. 

@SportyGirly125, my first reaction was underwhelmed like Star Wars, again? Perhaps I'm missing the hype tied to an upcoming Star Wars movie or maybe its seeing her line selling at considerable discount. A closer look piqued my interest in the R2D2 palette (a maybe) and the different shades of mascara in a formula I've wanted to try. I'm trying to be selective and have  prioritized Sonia G's brush trio and (hoping there will be) a Wayne Goss holiday brush above other purchases.

@TraceyEB  Pat's a diehard Star Wars fan (pretty sure that's partly where her overall "Mothership" palette name came from), so these themed releases haven't surprised me in terms of coming from her brand. I didn't expect another one and don't know if it's tied to any particular Star Wars franchise (movie, TV, game, etc.) release. But I totally understand some folks being underwhelmed and prioritizing purchases elsewhere. 🙂 

I have all 3 of the colored Dark Star mascaras. So far, I've only worn the blue one. This reminds me to try the turquoise and pink ones soon! For me, the blue Dark Star performs a lot like the regular black Dark Star mascara, which is a good thing because I like that mascara a lot. 

14 Replies
testing