cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

~ Updated Sept 26th 2019 ~

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/pat-mcgrath-labs

NEW PRODUCTS

Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/blitz-astral-quad-P451138

Obsessive Opulence: MatteTrance Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/obsessive-opulence-mattetrance-lipstick-P451132

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mothership-vi-eyeshadow-palette-midnight-sun-P449790

Eye Ecstasy: Eye Shadow Palette Mini

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/eye-ecstasy-eye-shadow-palette-P448447

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-P447519

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Primer

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfecting-primer-P447764

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-setting-powder-P447770

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-brush-P448622

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Powder Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-powder-brush-P448623

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.27.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

Wasn't gonna, because I'm still volleying on getting Divine Rose.  BUT then I was like, I'm a grown woman...I deserve grown woman things!!  So I got Mothership V and the Warm Mini Lust Trio.

I'm mostly on a no-buy for eyeshadows, but I don't mind a super fancy treat every now and again, and I have been planning and waiting for the PMG sale for months now! I had talked myself into Midnight Sun (and only Midnight Sun), figuring it would be a nice splurge. Second guessed that the second I saw the sale and decided MS might not be for me, so I went in a different direction lol. I spent about $17 more than I would have on just one Mothership, but I think I'll be happier with smaller palettes and more variety! 

I went for Ritualistic Rose over Nocturnal Nirvana, and kinda surprised myself with that decision. I have teals and purples and gold in spades, but not so many pinks, so it seemed like a small way for me to branch out a bit. 

No tax to AL helps significantly as well; we're at 10% here, so that's another $11 savings. Can't wait to get all of these!

pmg.png

OOh yay @RGbrown !I do like Dark Star...I tend to go back and forth to it, like a dress that I bought because I could, but really didn't have an event for.  I don't find the blue to be that troubling, but the purple though!  Ugh! It doesn't show up on me as purple, more of a deep, deep plum color.  It's my one of my favorite kits to do a smoky eye with, the other being UD smoky (shock!) and UD Gwen's Stefani palette.

@RGbrown, pretty choices!

@RGbrown, pretty choices!

@RGbrown  Yay, I’m glad you took advantage of this sale! I keep passing on that Dark Star 6-pan. I almost bought it this time but chose other things instead (yes, including a lipstick because c’mon now). I hope you like it and the other goodies you bought! 

I’m especially curious of your thoughts on Interstellar (the blue shadow in Dark Star), once you get to play with it. Each time I’ve swatched a tester, it’s been a bit temperamental. I’m sure it performs better with a wet brush or a slightly damp finger, though. 

I wish Subversive (Mothership) was in stock right now. I have 3 Motherships but not that one. I guess Pat’s really saving me a big chunk of money for once! 😂 

@WinglessOne I have Interstellar, too. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it works. I've had this palette for a year and have barely used it, which is a shame. Cooler tones just intimidate me more.

@WinglessOne 

If Subversive had been in stock, I miiiight have gone with that instead of these three. Although I get unreasonably annoyed that most of her big palettes have 2-3 (or more) browns, and right off the bat those are shades I know I won't use, so I always wind up talking myself out of them (like I did with Midnight Sun). I need her to accent the pops of color with more greys/cooler tones and fewer browns before I feel comfy spending that much on a palette. 

I'll let you know on Interstellar!

Random aside, I discovered that if you search Liquilust, three more listings pop up that don't display if you just go to "lips". I'm intrigued by you loving her liquid lip as much/more than NARS Powermatte, so I may go back and grab one ($11 on sale before the discount)!

I so wish some of the LuxeTrance shades were on sale like they were last year...after getting one under $20 then, I can't bring myself to spend $28-30 on them this year 😛

@RGbrown  The LiquiLUSTs are always buried in Lips > Lip Labs. 😉 Whenever you see a “[whatever] Labs” link in PMG’s nav menu, click/tap it to see what’s in there. That’s how I originally found those liquid mattes I never knew existed. Sometimes you’ll also find fun things in various “[whatever’ Kits” links in the nav menu. If you get one of the liquid mattes, I hope it works for you! At their current sale price + extra % off, they’re worth at least trying. 

Had some of the LuxeTrance shades been on sale again, I’d have been in trouble. Though I’m not sure how many available shades I’d buy that I don’t already own—which means I’m already in trouble. 🤣 

@WinglessOne 

I did order a Liquilust! I just wish I'd seen it before I placed my big order...it would have shaved another whopping 55 cents off the lippie 😛

I guess I'm just, (hmmm, what, old fashioned? A stickler for details?) when I expect that clicking "shop all lips" means I'm actually seeing ALL lips. It wasn't until I poked around later that I realized that page doesn't have everything. Ah well, she got an extra few cents off it from me, and I'll know better next time lol.

This whole Divine Rose situation is giving me a bleeding heart... I own all her palettes (Don't judge me) I love her shadows they are amazing and I am one of those crazy people that must collect them all. I'm a Pat Mcgrath Labs trainer gotta catch em all. So I was completely blindsided by this palette and I had of course dropped a ton at the Sephora VIB sale. "Sorry Wallet" so when this surfaced for purchase I wasn't getting paid for another week and I had to watch it come and go and I am feeling some life crushing FOMO! I am freaking out inside because I need this to come back in stock like ASAP! IDK how to deal

#

@Sephora85Maven  I’ll be shocked if Divine Rose isn’t restocked at PMG or sold at Sephora this year. I suspect the former would happen before the latter, but I could be wrong. If I recall correctly, Decadence was restocked at least once before it disappeared from their site for good, so I assume Divine Rose will return. 

I gotta say this, though (rant): 

Spoiler

This whole “prepare to panic/extremely limited quantities/beg us to bring it back” marketing ploy rubs me the wrong way. I love PMG and I know they’re not the only brand that’s ever done this kind of thing (and this palette’s certainly not the first time they’ve ever done it), but that doesn’t make it right. I say this as someone who’s been involved in online merchandising (for a different industry) and has watched marketing trends from a UX design perspective. Intentionally inciting major FOMO is obnoxious. Especially for a palette that’s 40% curation of existing shades. 

This isn’t coming from some sour grapes place: I don’t want Divine Rose and have no intention of buying it. I just don’t like this particular type of marketing. Pat’s marketing team does it because it obviously works, but this is several steps beyond typical product hype, even for Pat. 

And sure, I could say “well no one should get so worked up over an eyeshadow palette anyway, we’re all grownups, our priorities should be re-examined if we’re so easily falling victim to this kind of marketing tactic.” But I’m not the thought police, nor do I control how adults spend their money. 😄 The Mothership I did (and still do) very much want is Decadence, and I’ve missed it each time it’s resurfaced. I’m very bummed about that, but I have enough other palettes (including other PMGs) that I don’t feel soul-crushed about missing Decadence. I mean if it comes up again, I’ll try to grab it of course. I’m saying all this because part of me understands firsthand the psychological effect of this PMG marketing scheme, so I won’t chastise others for it. I’ll just say: remember and love your other palettes, especially if you have all the other Motherships. As much as I still want Decadence, I refocus that yearning toward some of the PMG palettes and shadows I do have that create that Decadence color story vibe. 

Anyway, I do think you’ll be able to get your hands on this palette. 🙂 

@Sephora85Maven Honestly, you will probably win out in the end. I cannot see how it will not be restocked on/before Black Friday, *and* you will get to use whatever promo code (25% or 30%) that your order meets.

I purchased when it was the 10% off code, because my work gets insane leading up to Thanksgiving, and I won't have the time to babysit my computer during work hours the deeper into November we get! I am sure it will be restocked, you'll get it.

PMG started Black Friday early. 25% off purchases under $150, 30% off over $125. That's pretty good deal considering she doesn't add tax. 

@makeitup305, I purchased Ritualistic Rose. Yay! Sales ta...

@makeitup305, I purchased Ritualistic Rose. Yay! Sales tax has been added to my orders recently (WI).

It's frustrating to me that the discount gets eaten up by the shipping charge that only gets applied during a sale. Last week I only paid the usual taxes on my order, today, I get the BF sale discount but also would be paying $35 bucks shipping to Canada. Costs me less to buy one of quads NOT during the sale and save the shipping. That's crap   

Why don't I see any discount? Am I missing something?

The discount will be applied at checkout @azab53

@azab53 

It shows up in the cart automatically

That's so weird @RGbrown , it's not applying anything in my cart. When I go to the checkout page, it still wants to charge me full price. Is the sale on everything?

@azab53 

No exclusions as far as I can tell; you may need to sign into your account first though (or create one if you don't have one).

Screenshot_20191118-164823.png

@makeitup305I sure would've appreciated 25% off of the divine rose palette instead of 15%!  LOL

testing