cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

~ Updated Sept 26th 2019 ~

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/pat-mcgrath-labs

NEW PRODUCTS

Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/blitz-astral-quad-P451138

Obsessive Opulence: MatteTrance Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/obsessive-opulence-mattetrance-lipstick-P451132

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mothership-vi-eyeshadow-palette-midnight-sun-P449790

Eye Ecstasy: Eye Shadow Palette Mini

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/eye-ecstasy-eye-shadow-palette-P448447

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-P447519

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Primer

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfecting-primer-P447764

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-setting-powder-P447770

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-brush-P448622

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Powder Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-powder-brush-P448623

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.27.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

@mermadelove@WinglessOne Decadence is my all time favorite from PMG. 😉 You have to get it if she re-release it.  Sure it doesnt have the special shades but no dud in that palette.  Every single darn shade is full on pigmented.

@blackkitty2014, add me to the list for Decadence if it is re-released. I'd love to see it added to the regular line.

@blackkitty2014  I am watching my email like a HAWK!!! LOLOLOL

@kami2hot  If she re-releases Decadence, I’ll fight people for it this time if I must. 🤣 Whatever she’s got planned for the rest of the year, I’m super curious. I’ll have to watch my inbox carefully for PMG mail. 

@WinglessOne  Can we partner on this one?! It’s the only 10 pan I don’t have and you know how I feel about brights!!!!🌈🎨🥰🤩

What! I just squealed with excitement!

Absolutely gorgeous, the red quad was one swipe while the blue needed two swipes for each color

FFE0E0F7-2E50-45DD-8AFF-DE92BBDD1E2F.jpeg

26D0C293-DE2F-4800-BB54-98D9EF23730C.jpeg

DF44BC40-757F-459C-9852-DED5C2E73A98.jpeg

RE: Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

They look cool, but I already have 4 of her palettes I never use. I’ve had a bad reaction to a few of them, I think the matte brown colors, so I just don’t bother. I’d like to get more use out of them though. Is anyone else in the same boat I am— where you’ve purchased things you never use?

Re: RE: Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

Me too @itscarin ! I think my eyes are getting more sensitive these days. Has deterred me from getting more PM sets vs singles plus I don’t love all colors in them and for the $$ I think I should. Midnight Sun is only one I’ve been quite tempted with. So I stick to CT, Chanel or BB it seems. I’m not as sophisticated as so many of you guys on here w shadow colors! Admire those who can use them all!! 🥰

@Sunnysmom yes, pmg shadows are different. When I saw her earlier this year there were brand reps present who explained how the shadows work. The last 4 on the right are a different formula from the other 8 and if I’m recalling correctly, and they’re meant to be applied with your fingers. 

That being said I don’t think I could put together a wear-to-work look using only one of her palettes. None of the palettes have a soft transition shade. Her palettes are really heavy, too, so it’s not what I would pack in a weekend bag. 

Interesting , good info thanks @itscarin ! I’m certainly not giving up yet. Lol. Some definitely work better than others for me. Agree on weight also. I take my little singles when I do travel. 

@itscarin , @Sunnysmom i have love and hate relationship with her special shadows.  They are unique and fun.  But they are a lot of works. lol 😉 The biggest issue i have with all PMG shadows is that they fade/cease faster than my eye shadows from other brands.  I dont know why... they just do. lol In term of travelling or weekend get-a-way, i normally pack a quad from Chanel/CT/Tom Ford and couple Tom Ford singles. Maybe we should start a thread "what in your bags?" 😉 I would love to see how ppl pack their makeups 😉

@blackkitty2014I carry so much stuff in my make up bag and I only use about a handful of items when I'm in a rush.  It's really just my stila liquid liner, a soft black to smudge it out, and then maybe two or three eyeshadow brushes and a blush brush.  But then I keep a stash of makeup at work, too.  I'm like a squirrel with my make up -- I have stashes of it everywhere.  Hubby's car, my office, my car, various bathrooms around the house.  LOL.  Gotta be prepared!

Lol agree @blackkitty2014 ! Me too. Clearly beautiful also for her editorial stuff but in real life tricky. Using a stick shadow as base helps but still don’t last long for me. Those are my standbys also tho even dear TF doesn’t last on me! 😖 I love that idea! Start the thread!?! We’ll pretend we are those celeb “What’s in your bag” articles!!🥰🤣

@Sunnysmom  @blackkitty2014  @itscarin  Oh, I’d never even think about traveling with a 10-pan PMG. That’s much too big a palette for the way I travel. 😂 I’d also never travel with a big ND palette; even Sunrise is too big to pack. I like to travel as light as possible since I very rarely check bags (I loathe the whole baggage claim ordeal). 

I usually travel with single shadows in an XL MAKE UP FOR EVER - Artist Color Refillable Makeup Palette (heh, “xl” only holds 6 MUFE shadows) and/or shadow sticks, plus some eyeliners. I’m very tempted to travel with the 6-pan PMG La Vie en Rose palette, but it’d probably take up too much room. 

That palette’s my favorite of the Mothership minis: I love the colors; I can use my usual NARS shadow primer with it and the shades stay put on my hooded eyes; I can even go without primer with that palette, something I can’t do with any other PMG palette/single shadow (except the Dark Matter Pigment single). I still love Bronze Temptation but some shadows need a tackier primer to prevent fallout. I also usually need a tacky primer for ND shadows: they’re too soft for their own good. But the color payoff of both brands is worth it for me, and I don’t mind using my fingers to apply some shadows. 

@itscarin I totally do this! I fall in love with the concept, design and packaging and have to have it then I don’t use it because I don’t want to ruin it!! Hashtag too pretty to use! 

But the PMG palettes are so minimalist and sleek that I don’t feel like using them ruins them. They beg to be used and since I haven’t had a reaction to them, I want to use them above all others lately! That and Natasha! 

I got my Motherlode order ( lol) today and my Mothership II arrived with a broken shadow. I emailed customer service and got a same day reply and a replacement order in process already. On a Saturday. 😍🤩😍

Color me impressed!!!!

@mermadelove  Isn’t PMG’s customer care fantastic? I’ve only had to deal with them once but they handled my issue in better-than-Nordstrom fashion (and to me, that’s saying a lot). I’m glad they took good speedy care of you, too! 

@itscarin  When I have lots of makeup I never use, that’s when it’s time for me to declutter and get much fussier about future acquisitions (performance over prettiness!). I started a massive lipstick declutter last year and the 100 Days of Lipstick challenge thread helped force me to wear many of my lipsticks (I had a bit over 400 before my declutter), so I could decide which ones to keep vs. toss. I still have a lot of lipstick and probably always will, but at least now I’ll rotate through them and get use out of them. 

I like that Pat’s releasing quads and I hope she continues this (especially using her “special” formula), because quads are a good way for me to avoid buying a large palette just to get 2 or 3 shades I really want. I’ve passed on so many big palettes by various brands—including Melt, Natasha Denona, and even Pat—because I’m attracted only to 2-3 shades in them. I probably won’t buy ND Metropolis because I have some of her 5-pans, a mini, and Sunrise. I’m convinced I can create any look with those that I could with Metropolis, so I have no need for that palette. 😂 It’s a good palette for folks who don’t already have much ND eyeshadow, though. 

With eyeshadow, I think every color’s been done already by various brands—so my focus there is much more on performance. The reason I own no ABH palettes (except Subculture, which I bought from TJX last year just to see for myself how bad or not-so-bad it really is) is the way they perform vs. better-to-me shadows by other brands. I definitely prefer PMG’s shadow performance over ABH’s, so when faced with a decision between them, my choice is pretty clear. 

Whew, that’s a lot more than I meant to write about this topic! 🤣

@WinglessOne it’s easy for me to declutter  lipsticks since they don’t last forever but a powder product like an eyeshadow, at least in my mind, can last forever. 😂. If I never liked a palette, it’s easy to let it go. But if it had its moment, it’s much more difficult for me to let it go!

Good inspiration on decluttering lippies @WinglessOne and agree with you on shadow thoughts as well!! 💞

@WinglessOne  I was pretty blown away by the customer service! I’m with you on performance over prettiness at this point. Things are getting out of hand with my eye palette collection!  I don’t have nearly as many lipsticks as you do but I’m going to take a page out of your book and de clutter and limit purchases in that department. For ND I have gold, sunrise, mini gold and mini tropica so Metropolis is tempting. It depends on what else PMG drops and when I manage to snag a Rouge reward. I’m at 2000 points now. 

The new palette is so pretty,  that I want to cry lol

testing