cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

~ Updated Sept 26th 2019 ~

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/pat-mcgrath-labs

NEW PRODUCTS

Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/blitz-astral-quad-P451138

Obsessive Opulence: MatteTrance Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/obsessive-opulence-mattetrance-lipstick-P451132

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mothership-vi-eyeshadow-palette-midnight-sun-P449790

Eye Ecstasy: Eye Shadow Palette Mini

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/eye-ecstasy-eye-shadow-palette-P448447

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-P447519

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Primer

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfecting-primer-P447764

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-setting-powder-P447770

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-foundation-brush-P448622

Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Powder Brush

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/skin-fetish-sublime-perfection-powder-brush-P448623

Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.27.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.28.15 AM.png

Re: THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

@meganlisa I was weak. I ordered Midnight Sun last night with extra ebates 10% cash back to complete my Mothership collection 😂🤣🤪 I worked late last night and fellt liked I need a treat 🤪 What I need to do is to find me a new job 😘

@blackkitty2014 I will likely break before the 20% off is over and would have bought with the 10% had I looked on BIC in time and seen it.  Let me know your thoughts once it arrives?  I trust you!

I swatched midnight sun in store and liked it but- given I have just spent a lot elsewhere - couldn't justify the price.  Did you get the ND Metropolis?  I've been torn between that and Midnight Sun so have done neither (watch me end up getting both!).

New job?  Someone new would be very lucky to have you.  You will know the right time.

@meganlisa PMG direct shipping is slow and they havent shipped it yet.  I havent bought the ND Metropolis but it is on my list.  However, if i have to choose between the 2, i will go with the ND just because i like those green and blue and i dont think PMG VI is unique enough.  It is beautiful though. I really need to restrict on what i buy since i work from home almost all the days so i dont really need all those makeups 😉 The nice thing about work from home is i can cut down the commute time but then i end up work late, stress myself out and buying all the beauty junks that i dont need. 🙂

@blackkitty2014 I don't work from home, get stressed and buy all of the makeup I don't need.  So, it isn't just you.

This palette is pretty and I can't wait to hear your thoughts.  I think I'm also more focused on the ND (though I'm still undecided with midnight sun being 20% off...tempting....).

@blackkitty2014, PMG shipped my order shipped this morning, so hopefully yours won't be far behind. Update: Arrives on Monday. 🙂

Thx @TraceyEB 🙂

THE PAT McGRATH THREAD

Just received this email.

@Luvstravel  I also got this email and have tried all day to resist making a purchase, even with Rakuten’s 10% day. I keep reminding myself that I have one more rouge reward... but my local PMG-stocked Sephora still doesn’t have Midnight Sun in stock (I refuse to order it from Sephora online); and if I talk myself out of Midnight Sun, there are still a few PMG things I don’t have that Sephora doesn’t carry; and I could always use that rouge reward to get other things... ugh this is killing me! 😂😭 

Pat’s really been rolling out the promos this year, and it’s not even November yet. I love all the promos, especially since she’s raised her prices on several items. But they’re also too much temptation for me; I’m trying not to own nearly every lipstick she makes. 🤣 I do hope folks take advantage of all these promos! 

I see you ordered the vinyl gloss duo. Let me know what you think of those. I have one vinyl gloss that came as a set with a liquid matte, but I haven’t worn it yet. I’ve just played with it on my hand so far. 

@WinglessOne Did you ask an SA? My store didn’t have them out but when I asked they pulled one from the back to put out as a tester 

@Brutalitops  Yep, I asked an SA the night I was at the store. 🙂 That’s how I know they didn’t have any in stock: she told me they were still waiting to get their shipment in. I didn’t pressure her further about it because a different palette (Melt Radioactive) caught my attention and I bought that one; I figured I’d just wait a bit longer for Midnight Sun. 

But I finally caved last night and ordered it from PMG direct, along with a few more lip pencils and another LuxeTrance and maybe also another Lust gloss. I’ll use my rouge reward for other things. 

@WinglessOne  I ended up with Radioactive because the Sephora I went to for the Rouge event didn’t have Midnight Sun ( or any PMG) in stock. She is carried in only a few select stores in my state. All at least 2 hrs from me. So I ended up getting     all the 10 Pan Motherships except V yesterday. It’s good to hear she’s kicking up sales and promos because that’s the only time I’ll buy. Lol

@mermadelove  Radioactive is hard to pass up (for bright bold color lovers) once you’ve seen it in person. Great choice! My local PMG-stocked store is the flagship Chicago store. They had an empty slot ready for Midnight Sun, complete with promo imagery, so I thought maybe there was at least a tester floating around the makeover stations—but nope, no VIs at all, not even one to open as a tester. That’s surprising for that particular store. 

I love that that you went on a Mothership spree! 😍 I would’ve also ordered Subversive from PMG if it wasn’t out of stock. I nearly ordered the 3-palette bundle it’s in, but I had to curb my spending. 😂 I’m wishing very hard that Pat does a surprise re-release of Decadence; I’m still kicking myself for not jumping on that one. Anyway, enjoy all your Motherships! 

@WinglessOne  I had been stalking that bundle for a while so when the surprise sale sprung, I dusted off my negotiation skills and lobbied for overtime at work. We are so short staffed at the moment it’s crazy that it had to be a discussion but......

oh I REALLY HOPE that a Decadence rerelease is in the works for the holidays because then my Mothership Collection would be complete! 

And now you’ve got me curious about the lipsticks and glosses.......

@WinglessOne Bummer, but it sounds like you’re making the most of it 😄 Hopefully a holiday release will be worthy of your rouge reward 

Picked up Revelation Red for less than $9!!! It's going in this year's homemade beauty+ advent calendar! 

@WinglessOne, Dang, since you liked the liquid lipstick,...

@WinglessOne, Dang, since you liked the liquid lipstick, I went ahead and ordered the lighter one, Femme Moderne. I'll try it out for $15. I don't blame you for not ordering the Pat palette at Sephora online, because we both know their shipping is rated a ZERO as far as packaging. Maybe your store will get the Midnight Sun and you can use your Reward for it and happily walk out of the store with an unscathed palette 🙂

@WinglessOne, I mainly ordered these because Sephora does...

@WinglessOne, I mainly ordered these because Sephora doesn't carry them. I would much prefer to purchase from Sephora just in case I hate an item. I've loved every Pat item (except the mascara that gave me under eye smudges) , so not sure why I hold back. I didn't comb through her website before I ordered, or would have ordered the the two kits for the same price, oh well, I have plenty of liquid lipsticks 🙄

Re: @WinglessOne, I mainly ordered these because Sephora does...

@Luvstravel thanks for posting this - I didn't know about this duo or I plain forgot. Also thank you @WinglessOne for your opinion on her liquid lippies. I have a very hard time wearing liquid lipsticks as they are so very drying on me. At around $15 this was hard to pass up so I picked up Femme Moderne. It'll be interesting to see what this looks like IRL. In some pictures this looks like a lilac/mauve color and in others a nude. Here's hoping I don't look like a mannequin :P.

@niki172  I hope that shade works for you! I think this formula’s so comfy on me because it doesn’t have a full dry-down like most liquid mattes. It’s not a demi-matte—it definitely looks matte on the lips. I dunno, it’s made of witchcraft that keeps it comfy. 😂 The trade-off is a bit of transfer. These don’t transfer nearly as much as Pat’s bullets or glosses, but they’re not completely budge-proof. But I’ll very happily deal with minimal transfer for this level of comfort. 

I normally don’t like to wear liquid mattes once the weather gets cold; I reserve them for warm weather, when there’s no harsh frigid wind drying out my lips even more than usual. But the LiquiLUSTs might be an exception. 

y@Luvstravel  I have the Deceit duo. I also have 2 other shades of her LiquiLUST lipsticks and they’re among the only liquid matte formula I can comfortably wear. (Most liquid matte formulas are too drying for me, some painfully so.) I kinda stalk PMG direct because sometimes I find things—kits and “labs” items, for instance—that aren’t widely advertised. I poke all corners of her site maybe once a month. That’s how I first discovered last year’s Gold and Dark Star eye kits, before she emailed her mailing list about “opening the vault.” 

PMG has a 30 day return policy and they’ll take back “gently used” products. You have to pay for return shipping though, and I think they specifically request you don’t use USPS... checking their return policy right now to verify... yeah, “excluding US Postal Service.” It’s definitely easier to return to a local Sephora store. But I’ve yet to hate a PMG product, or even dislike one enough to return it to PMG direct. I’m not a big fan of her mascara—eh, it’s alright—but I didn’t buy it direct from her. (I bought the Eye Ecstacy kit from Sephora.) 

@LuvstravelEBates/Ratuken is 10% off Pat McGrath Labs TODAY ONLY!  I picked up the Midnight Sun palette.

testing