cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

Re: THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

So very sad 😞 I was hoping he would get the help he seemed to need.

So sad indeed. I was hoping for the best for him. Very, very sad. 

A perfect summation, @ChristalM. Sad indeed.

Same here @ChristalM. This is terribly sad.  Thank you for posting @ZombieMetroAnt 

Ohhh so excited to see rose hip oil back in stock!

C7090F64-9C3A-4F1D-B6B7-EE55998E20EA.jpeg

The Ordinary is back at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/brand/the-ordinary

thank you!

thank you!

Has anyone tried the Borage seed oil? It smells like schmaltz or chicken fat to me! I put some in my hair and it has a great texture but it's been hours and my hair still smells like I rubbed cooked chicken fat into it 😢 It's kind of gross. Does the scent dissipate faster on skin? I'm going to spray my hair with perfume now ha ha

@pocketvenus Oh no that’s so weird!! I picked up the Moroccan Argan oil for my hair (in a desperate attempt to replace my Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mLwhich is exponentially more expensive), and it smells like weird olive oil to me? I had to mix it with the rest of what I had left of my Moroccan Oil to make it useable 😰

@cianni, I've tried the argan oil and yes, it definitely has an "unfiltered" scent that is different from the Moroccan Oil brand. I don't mind it though as I find it fades quickly after applying it to my hair or skin 🙂 Wish I could say the same for the borage oil!

@pocketvenus I wonder if yours has gone off.

i have it and gave mine a sniff and it doesn’t have much discernible scent at all. If I hyperventilate over the bottle I get a very faint, flinty aroma but it’s definitely not schmaltzy.

@Mochapj, thanks I'll see if I can exchange it!

Update: I smelled a tester at a Deciem store and found it to be similar to what I already have. Judging by reviews left on Deciem's site, some people find the smell of this oil offputting, although descriptions vary. Some think it smells like chicken fat like me, others smell cooked food or fish. I don't think it smells at all like fish tbh. And then some reviewers cannot smell much at all. My spouse says he can't smell anything at all which is wild because it smells very strong to me! I guess I'm just one of the "lucky" ones ha ha

Cross posting - no idea if this is true

WWD is reporting that The ordinary will relaunch at Sephora in January

"In her first interview since Truaxe’s removal, Kilner spoke exclusively with WWD to outline Deciem’s plans for the future, which includes relaunching The Ordinary with Sephora in January, and building out some of the company’s younger brands, like Hippooh, a baby line, as well as Loopha and HIF."

Hooray, happy its coming back to Sephora! I love The Ordinary, fantastic products for a really affordable price 😄 ❤️

Re: THE DECIEM THREAD

@pocketvenus here you go 🙂

maybe @veronika23 can update the thread name to include “The ordinary”? 

@darkiceisthanks, I can't believe I forgot this thread existed 😮 😮 I searched for it and remember thinking, I thought there was one??? and then confused this with the Beauty News thread 😛

but yes, @veronika23, if it's not too much trouble, maybe it makes sense to include The Ordinary in the thread title so people searching for The Ordinary news/products will find it more easily? Right now the top hits for that search are random questions.

No trouble at all! Done! @pocketvenus 🙂

side note: I wish that search would yield better results... bugs me that some threads have the same name but they are obviously not that. Makes it harder for newer members to get to the core content. 😞

@veronika23or forgetful ones! 😛 Thank you for the edit ❤️

testing