Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

@sonnydee  Glad I could help! 🙂 

FYI, there's an interesting lawsuit against TRE (The Retail Equation) and Sephora for denying legit returns based on TRE's scoring system: 

Spoiler
Sephora, Retail Equation Misused Customer Data, Lawsuit Alleges 
July 9, 2020, 2:57 PM - bloomberglaw [DOT] com 

Sephora USA Inc. allegedly shared customer data without permission to determine shoppers’ likelihood of fraudulently returning product purchases, according to a proposed class action in California. 

Sephora’s data sharing with The Retail Equation Inc. led to a “risk score” that resulted in the cosmetics retailer denying valid returns, the suit filed July 7 in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California claims.

The suit, which names Sephora and The Retail Equation, shows the legal risk companies face when handling customer data. 

The complaint alleges violations of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and state statutes including the Unfair Competition Law of California. 

Plaintiff Shadi Hayden and other proposed class members claim Sephora shared the purchase, return, and exchange history of customers and their government-issued identification information. 

The Retail Equation then used “statistical and modeling analytics” to determine a customer score, the suit alleges. If the score fell below a certain threshold, The Retail Equation told Sephora to deny any attempted return or exchange, the complaint claims. 

Causes of Action: California’s Unfair Competition Law; California Business & Professions Code; the Fair Credit Reporting Act; invasion of privacy; unjust enrichment; unconscionability; and defamation. 

Relief: Class certification; court order declaring that defendants are permanently enjoined from their improper conduct and practices as alleged; monetary relief including actual and statutory damages, restitution, and disgorgement; pre-judgment and post-judgment interest; attorneys’ fees and costs. 

Potential Class Size: “Thousands of consumers throughout the United States,” according to the suit. 

Response: Sephora, USA Inc. and The Retail Equation, Inc. did not immediately respond to request to comment. 

Attorneys: Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC and Abington Cole + Ellery represent the plaintiff and the proposed class. Counsel for Sephora USA, Inc. and The Retail Equation, Inc. couldn’t be immediately identified. 

The case is Hayden v. The Retail Equation, Inc., C.D. Cal., No. 20-cv-01203, complaint 7/7/20. 

I looked up the plaintiff's law firm and it looks like they're gathering info and participants to expand this suit: 

Spoiler
Copy/pasted from the firm's page inviting folks to participate in this class action:

"Abington Cole + Ellery is conducting an investigation regarding the business practices of The Retail Equation and retailers utilizing its services. Retailers that use or have used The Retail Equation include, but are not limited to: Best Buy, CVS, J.C. Penney, Home Depot, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bath & Body Works, Stein Mart, Victoria's Secret, and Sephora." 

This kinda makes me wanna revisit Sephora's T&C regarding online accounts and product returns. I mean, obviously lawyers are doing that 😄 but I don't remember if Sephora ever explicitly stated much about using a third-party monitoring service to deny returns based on presumed fraudulent activity. If they didn't back when any of us created our accounts, I bet they've updated that in their terms to cover their butts. 🙄 I wish Sephora and other retailers would be much more transparent about this crap. If X number of returns will flag us as "fraudulent" by TRE (and I don't buy for one second that Sephora knows nothing about TRE's flag triggers), then update the return policy to "no more than X number of returns a year" or whatever. Set some limits in stone already. Sure, that might give some kind of advantage to truly fraudulent people, but c'mon man. 

ANYway: yes, definitely order direct from ND this year! I might hold off on the new palette until ND's next bogo sale, which is a much better deal than Sephora's 20%. 😉 

sorry I am jumping in here to quickly ask for Canadian experiences ordering from ND direct? any issues?

Yea, this isn't the first lawsuit either @WinglessOne the problem with me is multiple people with the same address ordering. Sad thing is the reps & managers have talked to teeni personally. They know she is living, breathing complete with a teenager attitude

@WinglessOne Totally agree about the packaging issue! I was shocked to receive a bubble mailer shoved through my door slot last week with a palette in it! I looked in my foyer and sighed fully expected to have to return it for a replacement. By some rare miracle, it was fully intact for once!

@ChristalM  At least your palette got some bubble padding. 🙂 I'm glad it was in one piece!

Coincidentally, the last full size palette I ordered from Sephora was ND Lila, and that was sometime last year. I took a big gamble on that but, thankfully, it arrived inside its own ND-provided cardboard padding sleeve. It was the best-padded (haha, the only padded) palette I've ever received from Sephora. (Well, except for palettes I've received as gratis from our wonderful BIC team which are always very well padded.) I mean, even Ulta pads items better in boxes than Sephora. Eh, except for glass candles. 🤦‍♀️

@sonnydee wow that just sucks so bad.  I am so sorry you are going through this and no one could help resolve it.

I think I'm up to a dozen phone calls now, 6 different managers, Facebook people, several back & forth emails from the resolution team, some contradicting info.... @SportyGirly125 they told me last night how long I had been a customer AT LEAST 11 years been rouge pretty much every year & nope. Can't accept online orders from me going forward...told me to into a store. Why? Its a waste of time. They dont have the stuff I want..not to mention covid. 😷😡

@sonnydee I can't believe this! You give Sephora tons of money. I wish I knew how to help. It seems completely unfair. 😔😔😔

P.S. I heard about this from someone else and searched your posts until I could find it because it seemed so crazy. They're missing out.

tenor (21).gif

Are you stalking me @sprocketta because that would be great😂😘 thanks for the love!

@sonnydee i don't know if you can share details but it stinks. You're always posting in the haul thread and clearly give them a lot of business. And some stuff is only online or not in all stores. 

@sprocketta i know, a manager looked up how much I spent this year, not sure why but she did. Let's just say I could hit rouge a couple of times 😜 which makes me think i might have a problem but 😂🤷 what details you want,  love? , I'll DM.

@sonnydee wow I am sorry to hear that. That is incredible!

It is crazy @ChristalM you would think they would WANT generations of family loyal to them but I guess not

@sonnydee wow that's crazy.  I remember when I had to call CS for the PMG lip vinyl mess up and asked if I was going to get flagged for it and she looked at my account and said they look at a lot of different stuff and that my account looked fine.

I dont even think they know what exactly flags "the system". 😵 there was only 1 manager that said 'well, returns could flag your account'. And thats when I said. The only time you guys hear from me is when I receive a package that is damaged from being poorly pckaged🤷. @SportyGirly125 the only other reason they have "suggested" is multiple people with one address. They should be glad that my daughters like makeup as much as i do that's loyalty & their future customers

@sonnydee That stinks.  Hope the ban is only temporary.

Thanks @ragdoll4mom from what I read & what I've been told its not. 🙁

@sonnydee this happened to a friend of mine during the F&F sale as well.

Her mother lives with her and they both placed F&F orders and they had their accounts locked and cancelled because of the 2 people at one address 🙄

That stinks 😡@Mochapj I couldn't take advantage of the f & f sale either. I've been told by their resolution team that it can not be overridden. Maybe if it affected enough people, a higher up would take notice. And with the whole covid pandemic this whole no more online orders is outrageous🤷

@sonnydee Well that's a whole bunch of beyond lame. For some reason I get mail for someone else at my address from Sephora too. I tried contacting CS to get them taken off and they haven't responded. I hope things get sorted out for you.

I hope & I hope you get that worked out for you too @Samtian 

3 Replies
testing