Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

@tjffc I like the naming idea, too.  With big palettes, I tend to get nervous about all the possibilities in terms of what to place where.  I hope ND has some awesome tutorials to go with the naming scheme.

RE: Re: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

Sorry @SportyGirly125 I didn’t see your post until afterwards.

RE: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

New product

Re: RE: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

@KNC24 Wow liquid pigments.  These are very beautiful.  

RE: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

30% off select palettes

Does anyone know what country the eyeshadow palettes are made in?

@RAWRitsRED Italy.

@RAWRitsRED Italy.

np @RAWRitsRED 😉

np @RAWRitsRED 😉

Re: @RAWRitsRED Italy.

@sonnydee

Yay! Thank you

I bought the Bronze eyeshadow palette but so far I haven’t been inspired by it and it felt a little redundant. I decided to rearrange along with the Sunrise palette to make them both a little more functional, with the Bronze a little more neutral and the Sunrise a little easier to mix up. Let me know what you think! (sorry if the shadows look a little dingy)

D8B6C55B-931E-466C-BB3D-CAF04D59C911.jpeg3163F8E9-7267-4A07-8ABE-E145F3D01694.jpeg91456747-C0AF-4572-8487-9327E20A6776.jpeg

@makeitup305 Excellent ! I feel the same about the Bronze eyeshadow palette so I haven’t picked it up. I hardly touch Sun Rise. Sun Rise is pretty to look at but I don’t think it looks good on my lids 🤣😂 Natasha loves warm tone. I was hoping the gold has variety of gold colors but nope. All Warm Gold. 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014 I know! I want ND to make a taupes & mauves palette. I don't want any more gold! Didn't she say that she doesn't like cool tones? I wasn't going to buy this palette, it was an impulse purchase. The quality is really stellar but it's just not very inspiring. 

@makeitup305 Seriously I think all of us have all gold varieties between ND and PMG. Until then we can dream. I like to see she does the big palette for mini Retro with tons of cool tones lol. I don’t look that great in warm tones even though I love the colors 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014 I have the opposite problem. I like cool tones but I don't think they're as flattering on me as warm tones, especially when they're more muted. If I never get another gold shadow I'll still enough for a lifetime.

They look great, @makeitup305! Especially the rearranged Sunrise. Did it take a long time to do?

thanks @curlychiquita ! It didn't take too long, I have a strong magnet that makes the shades easier to depot and after that I just started organizing the shades by color family/undertones and going from lighter to darker down the row. I tried to balance out the metallics and the mattes in each row to try and create cohesive looks. What took the longest was deciding which metallic golds and bronzes to put in each palette/row. I'm hoping I'll get more use of of both this way.

Here are some swatches of the ND Bronze Cheek palette in indirect and direct afternoon sunlight (I tried to get them as accurate as possible since we can’t swatch right now).

7B842F9F-5F6A-4A8F-B584-1492019EB8AD.jpegE89D089A-2149-41F4-8878-2A1704E9933A.jpeg

My thoughts

Spoiler
The bounce cream glow is a weird texture, similar to when Colourpop SSS start to dry out. It is a peachy gold with a pink flip. It looks white but the base is mostly translucent when blended out. I was not very impressed with this shade. I wish it was a regular cream. 
The bounce cream blush is a warm peach when blended out and has a satin finish. Despite having “bounce” in the name it was a different texture than the highlight. It was smoother and more pigmented. 
The super glow nude is a peachy gold. It wasn’t as creamy and pigmented as her individual super glow and a little more crumbly.
The super glow bronze is a very warm bronze shade. The gold shimmers make it look almost orange. It was also a little thinner than the individual super glow but smoother than the super glow nude.
Overall, I think the Tan palette is better.
Spoiler
Please ignore the rest of my makeup, it’s pretty worn in at this point, I just touched up the blush and highlight for the pictures.6B2AF16F-F762-4CDA-8E9C-84FBE7A5FA5A.jpeg0AC327C1-F894-4656-90F7-E23789563D25.jpeg

@makeitup305 Nice swatches for the bronze cheek palette.  

@makeitup305 Sorry the bronze cheek palette didn’t really work out for you. I passed on it since I had the tan cheek palette. 

@SportyGirly125 I bought it thinking it might compliment it well but it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I want a dupe for that blush shade though! The sheen it gives is gorgeous!

Thanks for your swatches and review, @makeitup305 !  I really wanted to get this palette, but had a feeling it would be better to wait.  I'm glad I did.  Two of the color are way too dark, one is iffy, and one is light enough (the four little bears?).

I like your eye look!  💖💖💖

testing