Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

Ok so I finally have some thoughts on the Safari palette. @PinkEvergreen @foxwaffles @Shelbstirr

When I first saw this I wasn’t really into it. Then Natasha started posting some looks and that piqued my interest so I decided to get it. Overall the palette isn’t as bad as I thought it would be based on chatter from various sources. Although that wouldn’t have swayed my decision since I like to make up my own mind about things. I do however like to know what community members have to say about products and sometimes that can potentially influence my decisions.

The shadows are soft, pigmented and most shades do apply well and are easy to work with. There are however some problematic ones. Two standouts are Fata Morgana and Savanna. They are patchy and definitely harder to work with. This isn’t typical of her shadows. One of the reasons why I love her brand so much is because her shadows are effortless. Doing my own looks I did see some patchiness and skipping from those shades but when I replicated the looks she posted on YouTube I had no problems with Fata Morgana. Overall I’m happier with it than I thought I would be but it’s not perfect and that’s where there is some disappointment. I am so use to her shadows being the best that it saddens me that some don’t perform to her usual standards. I also didn’t experience any fall out and they did not crease with primer and stayed nice for at least 7 hours. There was some creasing without primer but that’s normal for me... I always need a base.

I think what it comes down to is personal preference. Are you willing to spend that amount of money and have a few shades that are more problematic and harder to work it? I’m ok with it, especially since I do love the brand so much. Not sure if I would feel the same way about another brand that I am less familiar/less in love with.

NATASHA DENONA - Safari All Matte Eyeshadow Palette

@veronika23 thanks! Between you and @PinkEvergreen I want it but am holding off til a sale, hopefully a Weekly Wow 😉

That would be nice. We don't get the good weekly wows in Canada. 😄 @makeitup305

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this palette @veronika23! ❤️ It still crosses my mind from time to time - the colours are just so gorgeous as well as the looks

You are welcome @pocketvenus! 🙂  I find the color even more gorgeous in person!

@veronika23 it's great to hear your experience with it es...

@veronika23 it's great to hear your experience with it especially the specific shades that were challenging. I wonder if those matte olive and deep blues are generally difficult to formulate? I've had trouble with those colors in other palettes too. I still think the colors are beautiful and inspiring, I'll probably end up picking it up during the Rouge sale.

Re: @veronika23 it's great to hear your experience with it es...

@Shelbstirr  yeah I think some darker shades might be more difficult to formulate.... I did compare those shades to similar ones in the Viseart Dark Mattes palette and they appear to perform better. Viseart is another top brand for me when it comes to eye shadows. So I wonder if those colors from Safari along with the mattes from the cranberry palette don't do well in a creamy type formula... 🤔🤔🤔  Let me know your thoughts if you do pick it up.

@veronika23 What you said here is exactly how I feel about Safari: 

Are you willing to spend that amount of money and have a few shades that are more problematic and harder to work it? I’m ok with it, especially since I do love the brand so much. Not sure if I would feel the same way about another brand that I am less familiar/less in love with.”

The fact that I’m a Natasha fan girl means I’m not returning the palette. It doesn’t affect my honesty about the palette’s performance being disappointing to me, but it means my collection would feel incomplete without it 😏

@PinkEvergreen  yeah I mean I'm a HUGE fan but it won't stop me from being honest either.  Totally feel you on having a complete collection. Still need those 28 pan palettes. 😄

RE: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

ND mentioned in her masterclass today she is working on a concealer product and plans to launch for 2019 @veronika23

Re: RE: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

I took a picture of them on her setup! @shimmerbait @veronika23  She was wonderful! 

ND concealers launching 2019!ND concealers launching 2019!

Cool! Thanks for sharing @sister13! 🙂

Ohhh thanks for the update @shimmerbait!!! 😘😘😘🖤🖤🖤

Product page for the new Chroma Crystal Top Coats are up - sign up to be notified

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-top-coat-holiday-P437713

NATASHA DENONA - Chroma Crystal Top Coat - Holiday

These are live now!

Thank you @veronika23!

You're welcome @seekingtruth! 🙂

More pics/swatches of the Chroma Crystal Top Coats - Oct 19th

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.45.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.45.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.46.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.46.22 PM.png

I got my two new palettes in the mail today! .... And they were both broken 😞 I had the same issue with the bottom left shade in the Gold palette as somebody mentioned below. I was a too excited to get new ones sent so I drove 30 min out of my way to get them replaced. Thankfully they had them both in stock so they got to come home with me.

1BBE4ABF-CB22-4BDC-A33D-C036787AC4EE.jpegD5481D8B-7CA3-48CF-934D-F99A709E0F87.jpeg

Oh no!!!! So sorry that happened 😞  Glad you were able to exchange them! @makeitup305

@veronika23 yes, definitely a silver lining. Embarrassing story though, I accidentally broke another Mini Star while I was in store and I had it in my hand. I though for sure they would charge me for it but they were super nice about it.

1 Reply
testing