Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE LUSH THREAD

Hello, welcome to the new official Lush thread. 

Feel free to post about new releases, reviews and everything else Lush related! 

New Releases 

Spoiler

Hair Care

Spoiler

Facial Skincare

Spoiler
No Trouble With Beards And Stubble Beard Oil
07945.jpg

Bath Bombs/Melts

Spoiler
Mom, Look What I Made For You Bath Bomb
07920.jpg
Incredible Mom Bath Bomb
07918.jpg
Madame President Bath Bomb
07919.jpg
The Modfather Bubble Bar
07941.jpg
Fun For All The Family Bubble Bar
07942.jpg

Mother Of Pearl Bubbleroon
07924.jpg

Mom In a Spin Bubble Bar
07925.jpg

Purple Drain Bubbleroon
07923.jpg

Citrus Are Doing It For Themselves Bubbleroon
07922.jpg

Seven Deadly Spins Bubble Bar
07935.jpg
Milky Bath Bubble Bar (New Formula)
06144.jpg

Soaps, Scrubs and Jellies

Spoiler
Dirty Springwash
07943.jpg
Antiope
07954.jpg
Chamomile Lawn
07930.jpg
Raspberry Milkshake
07953.jpg
Rosebud
07927.jpg
Purple Loosestrife
07929.jpg
Lemon Zest
07928.jpg
Moustachio
07944_b
Deep Sleep Shower Jelly

08148.jpg

Lotions and Balms
Spoiler

Makeup/Perfume/Mouthwash

Spoiler
The Olive Branch Body Spray
08091.jpg
Honey I Washed The Kids Body Spray
08090.jpg
Plum Rain Body Spray
07415.jpg
Charisma Warming Skin Tint
03707.jpg

Feeling Younger Luminous Highlighter Skin Tint
03708.jpg

Eyes Right Mascara
06428.jpg
Independent Eyeliner
03714.jpg

Bath Oils/Massage Bars

Spoiler
 Honey Bear Massage Bar
07926.jpg
You've Been Mangoed
07861.jpg
Razzle Dazzle
07899.jpg
Revelations
07858.jpg
Polyamorous
07857.jpg
Oil On Troubled Water
07864.jpg
Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment
07860.jpg
Magnificent
07856.jpg
Happy Thoughts
07870.jpg
Ginger
07867.jpg
Furze
07866.jpg
Flower's Barrow
07868.jpg
Floating Island
07862.jpg
Dreamtime
07859.jpg
Double Vitality
07869.jpg
Delight
07863.jpg
Cloak Of Invisibility
07865.jpg
Ceridwen's Cauldron
00592.jpg

Upcoming Releases

Spoiler
 Screenshot (14).png

Re: THE LUSH THREAD

I also totally missed out on the Rose Jam perfume - found a similar oil on Etsy, but it's not quite the same.... If they re-release, I'd be all over it!  @k617🌹🌹🌹

I didnt know they released Rose Jam perfume either.  😞 I'd be all over it 😉 Have you @k617 or @SpaceLlama tried the Lust perfume.  Ppl said it is similar to Godiva bath bomb scent which they discontinued years ago (crying)

@k617 I didn't even know they had a rose jam perfume. That sounds soo lovely. I do hope they bring it back as well 😄

I think it was either a LUSH Kitchen release or a limited release in the US.... I wanted to buy a bottle on eBay but I think at the time most people wanted $150 US for a tiny bottle (ridiculous!)

Lush has come out with another Bubble Spinner. This one is a Lush Kitchen exclusive though.

The Running ManThe Running Man

Spoiler
From Lush: Take this uplifting mix of bergamot and lemon oil for a spin. Let your worries spin away under the running water as bubbles are delivered right to your bath. When you're done simply pop on the side to dry, ready to use again or take your cosmetics to go and put this packaging free bubble bar in your bag or suitcase.
Anonymous Insider

RE: THE LUSH THREAD

Oh my gosh! I want everything! There goes my bank account!

"Princess Diana Inspired Lush's Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer"

dian.JPG

Spoiler
It's no secret just how beloved Princess Diana was — still is — and always will be. She's had luxury handbags, crafted with her in mind, flowers named in her honor, and an entire memorial garden built in her remembrance.

It doesn't stop there, though. As it turns out, one of your favorite bath and body brands, Lush — le duh — was inspired by Princess Di when making one of its most popular products: the Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer. Am I surprised that the brand would pay tribute to Princess Diana with a skin-care product aptly named "Gorgeous"? Not in the slightest. However, it is rather interesting the way it went down.

On a recent trip with Lush, Popsugar learned that Lush's co-founder, Mark Constantine, was compelled to make a moisturizer inspired by Princess Di after she revealed her own personal favorite cream at the time with him. The rest, as we know, is history.

The moisturizer itself is a best-seller for a reason — both lightweight and intensely moisturizing, it uses ingredients like pore-refining pineapples, hydrating orange blossom honey water, and nourishing organic extra virgin olive oil, to repair the epidermis (the top layer of the skin, FYI) and give it a subtle glow. At nearly $88 a pop, it's easily one of Lush's most lavishly priced products, but then again, it was inspired by a woman who exuded elegance and luxury (who also managed to appear down-to-earth at the same time.)

And from PopSugar:
Princess Diana was an amazing woman with an incredible sense of style. In fact, she became such a fashion icon that two of the most popular handbags were named after her. What you probably didn't know, however, is that her beauty also inspired one of your favorite brands to create one of their top-selling face creams.

Whilst on a trip to discover Lush's bewitching Halloween collection, I learned that the Gorgeous Facial Moisturizer ($88) was created with Lady Di in mind. When she met Mark Constantine, the cofounder of Lush Cosmetics, she brought in her favurite moisturizer — and that's what the Gorgeous formula was based on.

Light but highly effective, this face cream is filled with freshly juiced fruits and cold-pressed and organic oils that leave the skin feeling like velvet. It is made with fresh pineapples that contain enzymes to refine pores and orange blossom honey water that soothes and hydrates. It is the ultimate treat for skin that needs a little bit of luxury — and seeing as Diana was all about immaculate, beautiful skin, I think she would have loved it.

I think I need this....  Smiley Surprised

lush.JPG

Spoiler
PopSugar:

Have you ever thought, "Gee, I really wish I could take my fidget spinner into the bath with me"? Probably not, but you will after seeing what the geniuses at Lush Kitchen just cooked up. According to the brand's Instagram, Lush designed this new invention "For those days where you just can't sit still."

The reusable Bubble Spinner ($7) rotates three mini citrus Bath Bombs underneath your tub's faucet. Since mandarin and lemon scents are known to reduce anxiety, this product seems like the beauty girl's alternative to the original stress-relieving children's toy.

Sure, it might get tiring holding the spinner while your bath fills as opposed to just dropping in an old-school bomb. But this thing is so frickin' cute that we can't resist. And apparently, neither could anyone in the UK, where the first batch sold out almost immediately back in July. Two months later, the Bubble Spinner have finally hit stateside. These products will be available online Sept. 15 and in-stores Sept. 18.

lush.JPG

https://www.instagram.com/lushkitchen/

I'm giving this the side eye all while knowing if I see it I'll want to try it out. @ZombieMetroAnt

I can't walk into a Lush store without walking straight back out, it is impossible for me to really get a proper look at all the amazing goodies they have. The amount of scent that shop puts out is literally staggering.

Luckily, though, one of the girls working there noticed me fleeing back into the mall last holiday season, and she wanted to give me some samples, so she actually made these samples for me while I gasped for air in the mall corridor. It was much appreciated because now I know I really like their products and they are not at all overwhelming in small quantities!

It helps to be holding a big cup of coffee when you go in. 😉 Your nostrils will thank you!  @gingerleigh

that sounds like a great idea 🙂 @heartsmyface

@gingerleigh I get what you mean. My mom is also sensitive to smells and avoids it at all costs while I get lured by them. At least you can order their products online now that you're more familiar with them. I find that reviews on the website tend to be very useful to find out how strong the scents of the products are 😄

That is good to know, and will help me order for sure 🙂 They gave me the Xmas catalog along with the samples, and I had it in my nightstand for months and months, all the stuff is just adorable. Was gonna try to do a Boxing Day order but their sale items go reallllly fast

New products!

Bubble Spinner (actually works)Bubble Spinner (actually works)Marmalade Jelly BombMarmalade Jelly Bomb

Bubble spinner confirmed to spin, smells like lemon 😛

You beat me to it!   @SpaceLlama

I just saw that bubblespinner in an article online could not wait to share! 🙂

Now, where is @heartsmyface????   

Hahahaha!  Darn.  I feel somewhat ashamed that you saw that and thought of me. @Tamara76

@heartsmyface Awww, don't, girl! You have all the cool toyzzzz!  🙂

I actually think I would rock these:

fidgetspinnernails.gif

that spinner is too cute

In addition to some of Lush's shower gels becoming package free, Stoner Rock, The Guv'ner & The Greench deodorants are now also being made in naked form. 

lush deodorant.jpgnaked shower gel.jpg

Spoiler
From Lush: 

“Naked shower gel, whatever next!”

Don’t worry, we know exactly what you’re thinking...

“Naked shower gel… Isn’t that just soap?”

Nope, this isn’t a brand new industry buzzword. Naked shower gels work in exactly the same way as their liquid counterparts without the need for packaging.

At first glance they might look the same as some of the soaps you’ve grown to love over the years but naked shower gels don’t contain any soap base, they instead share most of the same ingredients as liquid shower gel.  

“Why make it naked?”

You don’t have to be living a packaging free lifestyle to get into a cubicle with a naked shower gel. Creating a naked product not only saves on packaging, it also makes your shower gels easier to use and it is more convenient to travel with. No liquid allowances to worry about and less wasted product down your plug hole.

In 2016, we sold over 5 million bottles of shower gel, if just half of the customers who purchased these bottles switched to naked shower gels, we could save approximately 2.6 million bottles from ending up in landfill. That's something worth getting naked for.

“Still sounds like soap to me, what ingredients make it different?”

Soap can be made using a variety of different ingredients as a soap base. You’ll find a mixture of rapeseed and coconut oil in the majority of Lush soaps as well as argan oil and olive oil in the gourmet soap range.

Naked shower gels aren’t made using a soap base, in fact they contain most of the same ingredients as their packaged versions with only a few ingredients that are different.

The ingredient that makes them solid is sodium stearate. We use this ingredient in our naked deodorants as well and it thickens and helps harden the mix, eliminating the need for packaging. Propylene glycol has also been added to the naked shower gel formula, a humectant that will help to attract and retain moisture in the skin. It also reduces bacteria growth and has been added to make the naked shower gels self-preserving.

“Is it going to work the same as my regular shower gel?”

You bet! Naked shower gels give you the same powerful fragrance and lathering experience that you’re used to from your packaged products. 

They last just as long as your packaged shower gel but there’s no bottle to deal with. So you can wave goodbye to unnecessary shower fumbling and no longer have to look on in horror as you accidentally squeeze too much of your favourite shower gel down the drain.

Once you've lathered up and are feeling clean and refreshed, simply pop it on the side to dry out and use next time.

“If these naked shower gels are so great, why are there still packaged versions?”

We are firm believers in being able to offer our customers a choice and letting them pick the product that best suits and benefits them. Having naked shower gels as well as their packaged versions available means that you can make a choice over which type works best for you. 

So whether you’re taking a trip around the word and want something you can throw in your in-flight bag or you want to try something new to spice up your routine, the choice to go naked has never been easier.

1 Reply
testing