cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: RE: THE KVD THREAD

That is awesome... I love the smell of her studded kiss lippies.... I'm bummed I got into makeup after the metal matte palette was gone haha. I have 3 of the eye quads though.

The new studded kiss lippies are amazing and they smell nice, like vanilla almond or something. The old formula is brutally bad but I am all for the new formula

@6ixGirlyeah like cake batter 😄 The old formula worked for me, but I have a habit of warming my lippies before I use them. And I'm still bummed that she got rid of a bunch of colours I hadn't been able to pick up. I managed to get my hands on Wolvesmouth just on a fluke (a store I popped into had one left), but I missed out on Magick, Gothica, and a couple others. The new Poe made me cringe too. I like my old Poe.

@Mechart Yes that's what it smells like! I didn't mean to bash I'm sorry if I were, wasn't dissing. I'm glad that they work for you. The shades that I own are dark colors and i find that they're hard to apply and patchy once applied, so I really have to make an extra effort on the days i want to wear those lippies and I am not about that sometimes. How do you warm your lipsticks? I'm just imagining rubbing them between my hands like with a lighter... Or under a blow dryer like with my lash curler... Dunk them in a mug of hot water like an Oreo cookie? 🤣 Please spill! You have an awesome collection. I love the name Wolvesmouth. It would be a great symphonic metal band name 

@6ixGirlNah you're all good 🙂 I warm them by holding the tube in my hands for a bit. I live in Canada so it can get pretty cold, I generally have a habit of warming anything I need to haha! I do the same with nail polishes (which you should rub between your hands like a lighter vs shaking, to avoid bubbles).

I freaking love Wolvesmouth -- here, I'll attach a pic of my makeup for a recent winter wedding, where I wore it. Its mostly KVD (primer, setting powders, concealer, smoke eye quad, Tattoo liner, Wolvesmouth lippie). If she made blushes hell I'd probably have those too haha.

Spoiler
Instagram: @ mechangelInstagram: @ mechangel

Re: THE KVD THREAD

Got the new Starflyer Glimmer Veil today! OMG GORGEOUS!!!!!  Here's a swatch of it in natural light. Not that much light but still. It's a bit hard to capture it's beauty. @heartsmyface

@mermadelove  I'm sorry hun, but you need this!

0010218se.jpg

What a beautiful swatch 😍 @mermadelove I loved hearing about your engagement ring! (am I getting to that age where I'm starting to think about these things??) What do you all think, should I pick up Starflyer or the Too Faced Life's A Festival lippies? I won't be able to use up more than one tube of blue top coat in my current makeup aesthetic, I dig the theme and packaging of the TF stuff (but I will actually probably hate it once I get my hands on it and live with it for a while), meanwhile KVD packaging is classy and I would love to own something @veronika23 approved 😉 both brands are cruelty free and these seem like solid products, I just don't know what to get! Sorry if the formatting is weird I've been wrestling with it for several minutes on mobile it's so sticky 

@6ixGirl  If it helps at all, I think you should get the KVD. I have two other colors in that line and it wears better than the TF lippies. Dries down with amazing sparkle and doesn't budge whereas I had to reapply the unicorn tears, both the lippie and the gloss.  Plus, Like @veronika23 the KVD is LE and the color is definitely more unique. BTW, it sounds to me like you have already subconsciously picked the KVD based on your post! Hope that helps!!!

@6ixGirl  do you want the gloss or the lipstick from Too Faced? I think the color will vary between all 3 but also depends which formula you prefer. The unicorn tears lipstick is perm and I think it's the same color being re-promoted in the new collection. The KVD is LE and I'm not sure about the rest of the Life's A Festival collection. Sorry I think I may have confused you more...

WHOA!!!  Very pretty Heart  @lyravega, were you interested in the lippie too?  Here's a swatch ICYMI Smiley Wink 

The color payoff looks just fabulous,  @veronika23!  Thank you for sharing !

You're welcome @curlychiquita 🙂

@veronika23 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! I was just coming on here to check the swatches and make sure YOU were getting it, V! After I put it in my cart...... This is literally my #1 favorite color. ( today). My engagement ring was this color ( tanzanite) before I changed it out to a morganite! 

hahahaha @mermadelove great minds think alike 😄

@veronika23daaaaaamn that's gorgeous! And so fast -- I ordered mine yesterday, it won't be here til next week XD

@Mechart  you got it! Nice!!!! Sometimes I get lucky! Especially when I order really early in the morning 😄

@veronika23yeah as soon as I got the app notification of the early release haha. I like that I can layer it... I have some lippies I don't really like and it might fix them.

@Mechart  Oh that be nice. It's fun to mix and match 😄

Oh my! This is gorgeous! @veronika23

Even better in person @PrettyPaint🙂

So tempting @veronika23. Just not sure I could pull it off. 

4,065 Replies
testing