cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD

@ZombieMetroAnt @mermadelove Have either of you tried Bare Minerals Prime Time? It’s the only thing that works for me and I’ve been using it for about ten years. They keep shrinking the tube and upping the price, but I can’t live without it. It flies under the radar but I recommend it. A little goes a very long way. Keeps my shadow and liner in place all day. If I really want it to not budge I’ll spray some UD All Nighter over closed eyes. But none of that solves my waterline problem 😭😭

@pixiedust2 thanks for the recommendation!!!!  I'll check it out. If you ever find a solution to the waterline problem PLMK

@mermadelove@pixiedust2my go-to for waterline is It Cosmetics no tug gel liner:

https://www.sephora.com/product/no-tug-waterproof-anti-aging-gel-eyeliner-P421918

I've tried Sephora's, Tarte, Urban Decay, MUFE, and so far only the IT one has stayed in my waterline for an extended period of time.

@Mechart I love your hair! We’re hair twins! 💙💙 unfortunately that IT liner didn’t work for me, but nothing from that line does. I’ve tried so much from them and not a single thing works on me. 

@pixiedust2 I think the one from Ulta that you are thinking about may be Nyx?? Supposedly they have a good one. But I am so mad at ULTA right now that I have no intention of ever setting foot there again!!!!! Their customer service is HORRENDOUS and they are quite discourteous!!!

@mermadelove I just looked it up and it’s Lottie London. That brand isn’t on my radar but I saw some reviews online that said it was great (it’s probably all lies 😂). But it’s only $8 so I’m willing to give it a go. 

The best eyeliner I’ve used is very cheap, very good and has great colors. It’s Holika Holika from Japan. I pay between $5 - $8 on eBay for it. I have five colors and I’ve been using it for years. It doesn’t stay on my waterline all day, but it’s the best I’ve found. So still searching. But as regular eyeliner it’s awesome!

Spoiler
6D63FF9F-82DA-4D64-81A4-2176B7801B3A.jpeg
I’m really sorry to hear about your Ulta experience. I usually don’t have a problem but recently did.  Very rude CS on the phone and via email.  I blasted them and got a $30 GC in the end, but it was really messed up. 

@pixiedust2 THIS IS THE EYELINER I'VE USED FOR YEARS TOO!!! ❤️ 

I haven't seen anyone else mention them... sooo excited I'm not the only one using them!! THEY"RE SO GOOD and stayyyy on forever when not in the water line. I need some teal and plum colors now. ❤️

20180119_205614.jpg

@pixiedust2I have Lottie London brushes, LOVE them. They make good nail polishes too. Hard to get though (at least here in Canada where I am)

@pixiedust2 WOW! Those colors are AMAZING!!!!!! I'm going to hold out for a waterline liner because I have found that the sephora colorful works well for me otherwise, and I also use the Stila ;liquid shadows for eyeliner. But when I want a regular matte, soft line, I'm pretty much SOL.MJ works nicely, but makes my eyes burn by the end of the day.  I'm glad ULTA gave you a $30 GC but the fact that they had to.......I made a return WIT?H a receipt and thought the refund amount was slightly low because it was the EXACT price of the product. Turns out they did not refund the sales tax. When I emailed them they fixed it but........it's an automated system. DO they have it SET UP to steal your sales tax???? Also, I bought the item 12/30 but returned on 1/8. SO they TOOK OFF the amount of the return from my 2018 spending total so that I would have to spend an extra $29.50 to qualify for platinum even though if I had returned it on 12/31 it would not have affected my Platinum status because I was way over the needed total. When I pointed it out, they said everything resents 1/1/18. It made no sense at all and they were not at all interested in correcting the error. I am SO DONE with them. They don't carry enough of the brands I love, anyway!!!!!

Im pretty peeved with ULTA too. I had to return a perfume (dec 31 birthday) I bought late December because it was the wrong one. It was in the wrong spot, I should have paid more attention but the boxes are literally the same except for a small wording change. Sooooooooooo now I am in the hole for making Platinum/Diamond. I e-mailed and FB messaged their CS and they basically both said "sorry for the inconvenience." I get I lose the points but it is so asinine that they literally cannot do anything to correct the issue and not take it to the negative.

@Maria88 Yes If you see what I wrote above, you'll see that I had the EXACT same experieince!! I told them I totally understood about the points, and it made sense that they took those away, but to be in the NEGATIVE because I returned something bout when I had MORE than qualified?!?!?! Ridiculous. Not to mention they are always RUDE and unhelpful when you go there.  Like you are annoying them if you ask for help!

You would think that as sort of "good will" they would do SOMETHING @mermadelove, especially for being Platinum. I've been Platinum now for a few years now. I even would have qualified for Diamond last year (shame, lol) because I quit spending as much as Sephora.

@Maria88 I am not going to hold my breath, but as if by fate, I got an email from them asking me about my customer service experience just now! You can bet I gave them a SCATHING reply!!!!! I used to shop there more, my Ulta card says I've been a beauty club member since 2011 but this is the first year ) and the LAST) that I made Platinum. I have no intention of ever setting foot in again unless it's to get something FOR FREE. 

@mermadelove Will do! There’s a cheap one at Ulta from a company that escapes my mind right now, and it’s always out of stock. It’s on my wishlist and I’m ordering it as soon as it comes back. I will definitely let you know if it lives up to the hype! ❤️

@ZombieMetroAntHey have you ever tried the tarte eye primer? It's like a stick foundation texture. I wonder if that and a more liquid primer would work. What do you use for powder primer?? We are, like, beauty chemists!

😂 yes, Beauty Chemists!!!  That’s a great suggestion - I’m very open to trying new eye primers.  Currently I’m using the Sephora Collection powder to set the cream Tarte primer. 💕

@ZombieMetroAnt excellent! That’s what I needed to know!!

Excellent timing!! I’m kicking myself for only ordering one, I definitely want a couple on hand. It’s too bad they’re LE! 

Has this been there, and I just missed it?IMG_7725.PNG

I’ve seen it for s little while, but not In stock. Did you grab it @Susubee?!

@bakeamuffin I didn't! I unfortunately/fortunately don't have that many points.... yet. I'm kindof coveting that mirror, tho. 

3 Replies
testing