cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD!!!

@TwelveLadybugs   if you paid 51$ I think you should call or message a mod because I don't think it's right if the price was meant to be 46$. They should refund the difference.

@veronika23 Thanks! I will have to call Sephora then, it just sucks since they say 48-hour limited edition, but after the 48 hours is up, they reduce the price to what it *should be*  ..... 

@TwelveLadybugs  yeah :(. Better call before it disappears from the site.

Yep, calling first thing tomorrow @veronika23 . I even took a screenshot of the current price to send to them in case it disappears from the site before then...What a pain in the butt (but at least I will be saving a bit of cash!)

bump!

I finally opened my "new" Sinner perfume yesterday and compared it to the old.  It isn't the same.  I like the new Sinner but love the old one.  The older one opens up warm and burning on my skin.  It only has a hint of sweetness, enough to keep it from being too inaccessible.  The new one opens up slightly powdery and floral (the old one does not have that floral note!).  There is a harshness at first that fades away as it begins to smell more like the old sinner.  And it does evolve over the first 30 minutes to become more like the old sinner, but never quite makes it.  

Alright i bought the palette today. Since its easier to give a review on eyeshadows than stuff like skincare i am confident in this. All the shades are beautiful. Here are two different looks using two different quad sections. I am in bed but when i wake up i will post the names, but they are the first and middle quads. 

Three of the eyeshadows do come off chunky, and one of them (quaryz) is a bit dustier. As i applied o saw little microglitter floating up in the air. As i finished both looks i could see eyeshadow everywhere. Mind you i wasnt applying it like a delicate flower, but i wasnt a viking about it either. The 3 big shadows are beautiful and satiny. Infeel lile with quartz you have to build it up a lot more and is best if applied wet. That being said if you're  patting it on there isnt much payoff. Unless wet. I didnthese twonlooks without eye primer, i usually use eye primer but i just wanted to try it on. Also i know many dont use eyeshadow primer but i crease so i have to. If glitterybstuff is a problem, having to clean up, this isnt for you. 

My tip would be to apply this first and then foundation, etc, or you'll be a hot mess. I will do more looks tomorrow, but i might not keep this palette? But i want to take pictures in natural light for you guys. FB_IMG_1499505807171.jpgFB_IMG_1499505838572.jpg

Thanks for the update. Let us know your thoughts after you use it again. I'd really like to know. @Blackwhiskey 

Love the top color.  What palette?

@meganlisa glimmer palette 🙂

Thanks!

I got my Saint & Sinner sample today and was a little surprised...did anyone else find that they smelled ~really~ similar?  Saint was a bit sweeter (literally lollipop sweet...not sure I'm a fan).  Maybe my nose isn't good with the notes in Sinner

I ordered the travel size of each with the $15off a couple of weeks ago knowing I'd never have the patience to wait for possible future samples, and knowing I'd likely never get the samples I requested anyways lol. 

I was surprised that both were so sweet. Sweet floral with Saint and sweet incense with Sinner. They're both fine...just not quite what I was hoping for. I'll use both of these up eventually, but my wallet is thankful that neither requires me to run out and buy the full size. 😛

Haha yeah I was genuinely shocked I actually got the sample duo with my order!

The sweetness is really surprising.  I don't get the floral, musk or spice notes that have been described.  I don't really care for sweet scents so this is an easy pass (which is good because I splurged on a Le Labo fragrance a few days back xD)

Yeah, sweet typically isn't up my alley either. I knew I wouldn't adore Saint, but was curious enough to check it out (and really couldn't think of anything else to use the coupon on lol). But I had really high hopes for Sinner...I was sorely disappointed that it wasn't deeper or spicier. That was definitely the bigger let down of the two for me 😞

My Saint ELL and liner came today!

IMG_0026.JPG

Swatches: Lovecraft ELL, Saint liner, Saint ELL, NARS Powermatte in Walk this Way.

Mother ELL and Bite HOF are underneath

IMG_0030.JPG

It's more pink and a little lighter than Lovecraft and is pretty close to Walk This Way. I have a type, I know. ☺️

I kind of want the Shade+Light Shimmer palette, but have the reviews on it been so-so so far? 

Anyone ISO the Lolita II studded kiss lipstick in the silver packaging? I grabbed it (on sale) by accident thinking it was Double Dare. Don't need a back up & plan to return it since it's untouched. Thought I'd offer it up first! 

Not sure if this was asked already, but does anyone know a way to get a sample of the Saint/Sinner perfumes? Even just a spray of them on a piece of paper. I asked my brother to go into a Sephora to pick me up some samples so I'll know if I'd like them, but they told him they were online only 😞

@JilaP they're supposed to be in stores 7/13!

thank you! that's perfect 😄

testing