cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Anonymous Insider

Re: THE KVD THREAD!!!

thanks for the general release tips. I don't trust notifications (though I am signed up) they are unreliable in my experience. My anxiety is mainly because if I'm away from my home or work computer when it drops, I may not be able to get it because my phone suuuucks. I'm hoping to get the palette from kvdb, because I predict that the bigger rush will be on sephora since ppl want their points.

@Anonymousyeah I find the same about the email notifications. Cross my fingers you'll be able to get it.

Money raised for project chimps! - 256k

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.56.59 PM.png

KVD is my fave company to support. She is a beautiful soul. She truly loves animals and it is not all just lip service. Such a great thing to see!

Yay!! Happy to own the lipstick... It's gorgeous, and it's awesome they raised so much money for this.

This drawing has the same "feel" as her "traincase" drawing... part of the same thing?

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 1.15.37 PM.png

Now that its been out a while and the hype has died down...thoughts on the Alchemist palette?  Is it worth getting?

tbh some of my hesitation about getting it is that it will be awkward or impossible to fit nicely in my makeup drawer because its a big triangle lol... so inefficient

@Madeline7 - absolutely.  I've had mine for about a week now, and I've used it every day, which is saying something, because I keep it with my "pretty" (read: display 😂) makeup, not in the bathroom with my daily makeup, so I have to literally walk to another room to go get it.  I love the shadows layered over mattes, but I also really love them just as a sheer wash of interesting color by themselves.  I love how versatile they can be - totally office appropriate when worn sheer, but they can also be made more opaque and striking really easily.  I am completely in love with this palette.  I say grab it while it's still available!  😃

Yes!  So worth it!

@Madeline7  I think it's worth it. It's beautiful. It's nice on it's own and it blends really nicely with other shadows to make a new shade... one of the reasons why I wanted it... because of it's transformative qualities 😉 I think if you love shadows and iridescent/holo stuff you need this in your life.  Totally agree the packaging isn't the most practical though!

Does it show well as an eyeshadow topper?  Like are the different duo chrome shades still noticeably over another eyeshadow?  

@Madeline7 here's an article from Temptalia that may help:

Spoiler
Alchemist
Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette ($32.00 for 0.20 oz.) contains four shades that can be used on the eyes, lips, or face and are designed to be used over other products as transformers. The formula is supposed to be pigmented. Three of the four shades have real shifts, so depending on the viewing angle, can appear more like one color or another distinct color. One shade was more iridescent in its effect.

The texture of the formula was dustier, a little drier to the touch, and I found they layered best over still-drying cream products or shimmery eyeshadows but did not work well over a dried, matte cream eyeshadow. The dustier formula made them very blendable as a cheek highlighter, though, and of all the ways I tried the product, they were easiest and had the most noticeable shift applied as highlighters, whether alone or layered over another cheek color. They layered best over matte and satin finish lip products, as they seemed to get absorbed and muted by more emollient formulas.

The pan size is that of a standard eyeshadow (MAC, Urban Decay, Anastasia, etc.), but there is good spacing between each shade to use them as cheek highlighters as well. The palette itself is unusually shaped, and that extra space means that it seems unnecessarily large, though I felt like the whole palette ended up being rather small.

On a personal note, I have it and I use it almost every day.  I love it's versatility & the packaging isn't that cumbersome.  It fits in the palm of my hand.  It's also recyclable and biodegradable.

00000.JPG

Yes. I'd say so but it's a bit hard to explain. I tried it with mostly mattes and it changes the color of the matte and gives it that iridescent look without the white cast of the shadow. So I blended enough to get the effect so the white part of the shadow would disappear. That way it didn't look like a white holo over another shadow. It transformed the shade below (the matte). Does this make more sense? Sorry trying to find the words to explain this lol

@veronika23 - saw KVD's IG story promoting the versatility of the Alchemist Palette & totally thought of you!! 

Vero.jpg

Spoiler
Here's another, not so blue, look:

veron.jpg

Oh I wonder why @ZombieMetroAnt 😄 😄 😄  LOVE the lips in the spoiler! Thanks for posting!

Hello Beautiful! Rock Candy launching April 4th

Look at what she wrote in the comments. Taking her lipsticks to a new level! New formula + new colors!!!

Spoiler

Who is ready for the limited edition @katvondbeauty #ROCKCANDY collection?! This limited edition collection of electric shades will launch in a set April 4! 💘

Yes, those are color matched studded components! But more importantly, this will be my way of introducing you to the new and improved #StuddedKiss formula I will be introducing!

I know I haven't announced this yet, but for the last year, I've been working like crazy with my head of Product Development [@nmcg30] at @katvondbeauty to take my #StuddedKiss lipstick formula to the next level! I plan on relaunching the entire #StuddedKiss collection in a new and improved formula this next year [as well as adding many new shades]! So, this is what you guys can look forward to experiencing with the new formula: Intense pigment, smooth glide [no dragging!], full coverage, all-day wear, delicious creme brûlée fragrance we already love so much. And of course, like always this is a #crueltyfree and 100% #vegan formulation. *follow @katvondbeauty for more details on the #rockcandy launch!

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 6.16.29 PM.png

I want ZERO!!! 

@veronika23 omg im so excited for the shade Crush, Gorgeous!!!

@EmmyLove  can you believe we have to wait another whole month 😄

@veronika23 nooooooo

nooo.gif

Anonymous Insider

I can't pull off anything here lol. Kat says she's been working hard on product development but it doesn't look like she changed the packaging, which is unfortunate. I hate how easy these lipsticks pop open. They should have a tighter snap to close, oh well....

1 Reply
testing