cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Not really sure where to post this... Makeup Revolution definitely isn't an indie brand, but does not appear to be talked about very much here.

I recently placed an order on their website for a few things (free shipping over $40 CAD!) and am quite impressed with what I got!

Here's the Soph x Makeup Revolution palette which really caught my eye. Between the colour selection and especially some of the mattes, I just had to get this. If you've never used Makeup Revolution before, their eyeshadow formula is typically drier and require building up...so you won't get crazy pigmentation like ABH shadows. They kind of remind me of Ciate shadows, but much more buildable and blendable. I prefer formulas like these because with the limited lid space, super pigmented buttery shadows take a LOT of effort to blend out so that I don't look like a clown.

I believe this was $17 CAD, so it's really quite affordable. I actually went and ordered 3 more palettes from their LE holiday Life on the Dance Floor collection.

SophxMR.jpg

RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Here is another look I did today with this palette. Takes a bit longer to do a smokey eye compared to pigmented shadows but much easier to control the intensity and blend out!

Re: RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

You look amazing! Also, LOVE that sweater!!!!!  I'm wanting to get their mermaid, unicorn and dragon highlighters. Still Waiting for them to come to ULTA.  @k617

Thank you @mermadelove! ❤️ I have the unicorn highlighter and while the rainbow doesn't show up for me, it's a very pretty shimmery white highlight. 

I have also tried using the colour strips individually for slightly different undertones of highlight, that works too!

@k617  you just sold me on the unicorn highlghter. 

@k617 I like the colors... Where can I get it in the states?

@mezzotown88 I think Makeup Revolution is exclusive to Ulta in the US. I got this palette from tambeauty.com which is Makeup Revolution's parent company site and they ship worldwide.

The blue/teal shade is GORGEOUS. It's called "Petrol" and is a shimmery teal blue on a dark brown base. I'm wearing it today as a soft smokey eye, the shadow has faded a bit after 5 hours but still very much there. I couldn't normally wear colours like these if the shadows are pigmented, but today's look is IMO not too over the top for work!

SophxMR look.JPG

That's very pretty on you @k617! Perfect place to post btw 😉

Thanks V!

Melt Cosmetics new stack - last color revealed

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 6.57.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-09 at 6.57.59 AM.png

RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Time for one more stack for my collection! 😂

New Brand - Hank & Henry - Available now - hankandhenry.com

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 6.54.13 AM.png

Another sneak peek of the new Melt stack

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 4.34.04 PM.png

Not familiar with Pinky Rose Cosmetics but these swatches are beautiful!

Nov. 17, 2017 10:00 AM PST
Limit 1 Per Palette only !!! Orders will leave HQ Nov. 28th

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.48.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.45.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.46.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.46.34 AM.png

More Dose of Colors holiday

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.42.56 AM.png

Rituel de Fille - New eye shoot - pre-order now - Launching Nov 13th

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 7.24.45 PM.png

Want!!!

Available now from Lit Cosmetics - WOW!

Deals: BEAUTYCULT gets 20% off them. Also: FREE DIAMOND GIRL when you buy 3 or more glitters or metals. NOW THERE IS MORE!!: if you write on the comments section of your order “LIT CHICK” you get another glitter (random selection)

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.19.06 PM.png

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.19.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.21.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.21.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.22.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.22.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-07 at 3.22.43 PM.png

@veronika23  These are so gorgeous I CAN"T TAKE IT!!!!!

@mermadelove   I know right!!! Especially escape!

1,033 Replies
testing