cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Really pretty colors, @veronika23, and all shimmer, yay!

Super pretty.

Ooh, that's so beautiful!!

@ClassicallyFab@Magycmysteit is! I wish it was easier to get here. I mean you can order from them from Italy but there's shipping fees and duties 😞

You’ve tried them, right @veronika23? Their shade range is really beautiful. I love so many of their colors!

@ClassicallyFab  yes real quick. I need to play more but they feel so nice and soft and the colors are BEAUTIFUL! I guess if you don't mind paying duties and stuff it's a good brand to try out.  I just hate paying and I hate FedEx which is how they ship. lol

I’m really intrigued, and will keep them on my radar, and maybe even place an order. I want vibrant purples and they don’t quite have what I’m seeking but Pegasus looks awesome, and so does that palette. 

Pegasus is nice!  Yeah I first saw this via the IG's of the KVD artists/MUA's. One had an awesome turquoise matte color and then @ShannonAlexis posted in the mermaid thread with more swatches. Just very beautiful shadows.

::hugs:: Does anyone else stock them?

@Magycmyste  not to my knowledge.

checkout blackbird cosmetics ! great Indie brand made in Ohio !!

By the way, I think I may have mentioned this brand way back when they were on hiatus and still rebranding, but Lonely Planet lipsticks returned as Atomic Makeup NYC during the summer, and they are still my favorite liquid lipstick brand (although they no longer have the yummy scent they used to). They released their fall collection last month (I just got mine, and need to finish trying them out), but they're also planning to re-release their Disco Lips collection soon (These are the shiny/metallic ones - so far, everything they've released has been matte)!

Old Disco Lips line swatchesOld Disco Lips line swatchesNew swatch: ShowdownNew swatch: ShowdownShowdown againShowdown again

Showdown might be a little too light brown for my tastes, but I'm a sucker for metallics. I still have NY Doll from their old Disco Lips line, and it's one of my favorites! It's the dark, vampy, and shiny red. 😄

So I found out that Atomic Makeup NYC posted their full line of swatches from Disco Lips on a separate account, so here are the swatches in all their glory!Left to Right: DL Nolita, DG NightClub, Nolita + NightclubLeft to Right: DL Nolita, DG NightClub, Nolita + NightclubTop Row: DL Showdown, DG KneeHighs, Showdown + KneeHighs; Middle Row: DL Chatterbox, DG CallMe, Chatterbox + CallMe; Bottom Row: DL MissDevine (I think), DG Dressed Up, MissDevine + Dressed UpTop Row: DL Showdown, DG KneeHighs, Showdown + KneeHighs; Middle Row: DL Chatterbox, DG CallMe, Chatterbox + CallMe; Bottom Row: DL MissDevine (I think), DG Dressed Up, MissDevine + Dressed UpTop Row: DL NY Doll, DG SO Glam!, NY Doll + SO Glam!; Middle Row: DL MysteryGirl, DG Underground, MysteryGirl + Underground; Bottom Row: DL Fascination, , DG FanClub, Fascination + FanclubTop Row: DL NY Doll, DG SO Glam!, NY Doll + SO Glam!; Middle Row: DL MysteryGirl, DG Underground, MysteryGirl + Underground; Bottom Row: DL Fascination, , DG FanClub, Fascination + FanclubALL THE DISCO LIPS!!!ALL THE DISCO LIPS!!!

I already have Fascination and NY Doll from the old line. I'm thinking I might pick up Mystery Girl and Miss Devine this time, and though I'm not much of a gloss girl, I'm thinking of picking up ALL the glosses. I definitely want Fan Club and Night Club, and something with a warmer shift, too, but I'm having a hard time deciding which.

I am slightly disappointed not to see Babylon (gold) or Heart of Glass (it was more of a berry metallic which I was hoping to get this time), but hopefully those will come out again in the future.

RE: Re: THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

I love these thank for posting will check them out @Magycmyste

I have NY Doll from the old collection, and I love it. It's sexy and dramatic, but with a nice shine to it when I want that. I think it's comes out a touch darker than it looks in this picture, but that might just be my lighting.NY DollNY Doll

I will admit that I don't know what the Disco Gloss Line is like, as I discovered the brand after this line had been released and sold out. I'm not much of a gloss girl, but some of the ones I saw pictures of before looked beautiful! Here's their first preview for that part of the release:

Dressed Up Disco GlossDressed Up Disco Gloss

Return of Chatterbox.ChatterboxChatterbox

The swirl pic makes me feel like this might be too orange for my tastes, but maybe I'll change my mind once the lip swatch is up...also curious if they're going to have any new colors coming out.

ETA: Lip Swatch

Chatterbox Lip SwatchChatterbox Lip Swatch

Mystery Girl - darker brown metallic with blue glitter shiftMystery GirlMystery GirlMystery GirlMystery GirlMystery GirlMystery GirlAlso, the more I look at showdown, the more I can see myself wearing it on occasion. I'm thinking of that more as copper than brown now. Also, I have to take back what I said about no yummy scent on the new ones. I think it's lighter than before, but I put on Exploding Heart yesterday, and I could swear I smelled delicious melting chocolate candy. 😄

Oh this one is pretty!

Love the first pic @Magycmyste 🙂

7FB87F69-3A1E-474E-8297-30EFAEB71C76.png

““The Fairest” Vanity Mirror – A Baroque, gold-plated hand-mirror which tells every woman what she wants to hear: “You are the fairest of them all.” Cast metal with deluxe gold-plating and ruby-red enamel detailing. 10.5 tall by 4.5 wide in attractive gift box.“ available for pre-order now.

Don’t think was posted, but let me know and I’ll delete if it was.

There's a Besame thread now @ClassicallyFab maybe you wanna share there too 🙂

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/The-Besame-Cosmetics-Thread/m-p/3316483

testing