Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

has anyone tried it yet ?

veronika23 wrote:

~ Updated September 8th 2017 ~

Usually not into artist brands but I am very very curious about this one.

LIVE! - Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/fenty-beauty-rihanna

PROMO

2017-09-08-promo-sprinkles-lg-us-ca-d-slice-25155.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 2.01.33 PM.png

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 12.59.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.14.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 1.59.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 1.59.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 2.02.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 2.02.51 PM.png

veronika23 wrote:

PROMO

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 12.59.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.14.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 1.59.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 1.59.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 2.02.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-06 at 2.02.51 PM.png

any reviews?

veronika23 wrote:

PROMO

Spoiler

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Did I need yet another Highlighter? No. Did I get one just because it's new and shiny? Yes. Shame Shame Shame *rings bells 🔔 * Also got shade matched and got samples of the foundation and Primer! Looking forward to seeing how these work on my dry skin.

Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Can't wait to hear your thoughts @Mcakes! I've got dry skin too and really interested to see if it'll be natural looking like people say it is. There's so many shades with different undertones 😮

What shade did you get in the highlighter?

Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Nice @Mcakes! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

My NW20 ladies: can someone help me choose my shade? I live in Brazil, and our local Sephora is not selling these beauties yet.... 😢

@Anonymous Yes I think 170 will be perfect! I'm NC20 and I picked up 150 👍🏼

then is nc 15 140. Also use hourglass porcelain but the sephora employee matched me to 210. Which looked orange but she said it looked perfect

Anonymous Insider

Oh, thank you! I'm now pretty sure that 170 will be a great match! ❤❤❤

Maybe 170? It is light with cool tones, a similar description as mac's NW20

Anonymous Insider

I have 170 in my cart. It really looks like my shade. Thank you, dear! ❤

Seeing the display got me excited all over again!Seeing the display got me excited all over again!

In case anyone is interested, here are some swatches for my more melanated folks 😘

Shimmer Skinsticks

Spoiler
Fenty Beauty  Shimmer SkinsticksFenty Beauty Shimmer Skinsticks
Left to Right: Unicorn, Confetti, Chili Mango, Ridiiic, Trippin, Yacht Life, Blonde, Rum, Cinnamon, Starstruck
Fenty Beauty Shimmer Skinsticks with flashFenty Beauty Shimmer Skinsticks with flash

The deeper end of the Matte Skinsticks

Spoiler
Fenty Beauty Matte SkinsticksFenty Beauty Matte Skinsticks
Left to Right: Espresso, Truffle, Mocha, Amber, Suede, Cocoa
Fenty Beauty Matte Skinsticks with flashFenty Beauty Matte Skinsticks with flash

I have swatches of the Killawatt Highlighters but the photos aren't the greatest and I wasn't particularly blown away by how they swatched (outside of Killawatt)

@ElleElleG Did you end up getting any of the shimmer skin sticks?

@trishavt I ordered Unicorn online but I think I'll exchange it for Confetti.  At some point I'll likely snag Sinamon, Trippin, and possibly Chili Mango or Yacht Lyfe.

Nice swatches @ElleElleG! Thanks! 🙂

Thanks @ElleElleG! Those shimmer sticks look stunning on you! Was Unicorn more platinum-y, than purple? Did it seem similar to any other purple highlighters out there? Thanks!!!

Thanks @Randell!  You're exactly right, Unicorn was more platinum.  Here's a comparison of the two on me:

L: Confetti R:UnicornL: Confetti R:Unicorn

Confetti was pretty unique to me.  I didn't think to snap a photo of it blended down but it was beautiful: a subtle purple shimmer that you could easily pull off daily.  All of them applied smoothly and I could certainly see how these two would function as an eyeshadow or lip topper.  The more orange and pink shades would be beautiful as blushes.  

Thank you very much @ElleElleG! That's is so helpful. I bought Confetti, but was on the fence about Unicorn. Now, I can see that Confetti is definitely my fav and Unicorn is pretty similar to some icy lavenders I already own. 

I hope you bought Confetti, because it is beautiful on you! @trishavt has the right idea! Definitely will make a great eye base.

Yay @Randell !!  Confetti is going to look so pretty on you, I'll be joining you on the Confetti train soon 😉

Confetti is the perfect color for you @ElleElleG! This shade would make for a great cream eyeshadow base as well.

Giving me ideas @trishavt !!!  Confetti as a base with one of my MUFE shadows on top 😍

Great swatches @ElleElleG, thank you! I ordered a few things early this morning, but I also made a trip tonight to get my foundation matched. I had researched everywhere trying to find the correct color but I still was not sure (I'm 420 also). Usually I am the darkest shade in a foundation range so not much to choose from. With this line, I actually have SO many colors to choose from. What a great problem to have. This makeup line is exactly what I have been waiting for. 

1,613 Replies
testing