Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

From the lipstick queen herself! Thank you, @lyravega! Heart

I may only be buying lip colors from Fenty from now on.

Every single other brand I've tried in the past three months I've struggled to find shades that work for me, but literally every Fenty lipstick I've bought has been extremely wearable. I'm super pale but have a lot of natural pigment in my lips so I experience near-continuous frustration with lighter shades being unwearably chalky, and shades close to or darker than my natural tone looking vampy or silly. I'm not a huge lip gloss fan (trying to give it another chance, though) so I have long resigned myself to a life of mostly sheers and tinted balms.

Fenty has put an extraordinary amount of effort into making sure their color cosmetics actually work on all different skin tones, though, and so for the first time in my life I'm finding actual colors (not just formulas) that I'm wearing out of the house, repeatedly. It's liberating! 💄💋

I'm so glad you like them! I only have Griselda, but Id like to pick up a few more shades. Do you have Ma'dam? (Sephora made me take the N out, haha) Some swatches appear to be an orange red, others seem blue based. I cant tell if i need it or not. 

Im pale too, I know exactly what you mean. That balm trick I mentioned in the other post will help lighten the too dark colors, as well as fix overly dry formulas. That will help use up some of what you already have. I also mix shades sometimes, if I really dislike a certain color on its own but am stuck with it. 

@Ashes810 I had been wondering the same thing... finally...

@Ashes810 I had been wondering the same thing... finally had a chance to swatch it today. It's definitely a blue-red, but not excessively so. Bottom to top: Griselda, Ma'dang, Spanked, Freckle Fiesta.

I got more swatches too! Spanked, Candy Venom and Griselda! I found Griselda as a 100 point perk in store, yay! I just wish it wasn’t slightly patchy.

81A6AED5-B896-41A0-80FC-AD987E28C07D.jpeg

AE42597B-27BD-445B-9EE8-69F6E2EFEC80.jpeg

D9C88235-C4D9-4758-A9A5-CA82E2CB5B81.jpeg

Oh, wow! I had zero interest in these 'til I saw that Candy Venom on you! So pretty, @sabrinas !

Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollie...

Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollient but not excess) then a bit of Griselda over it and rub your lips together. Start with just a swipe of lipstick on the bottom lip, rub, then add more if you want to darken. Youll get the most amazing burgundy color and a very even application. The balm didnt seem to effect wear time too much.

Re: Try applying a good quality balm first, (you want emollie...

@Ashes810  Brilliant, thanks!

@sabrinas They all look awesome on you!!

Sad to hear Griselda is patchy...I was just about to place an order to redeem for it yesterday but the item I wanted (The Ordinary Buffet) sold out during the time I was trying to decide if there were any other essentials I'm running low on...I don't wear dark colours like this often so ultimately decided not to place an order just to redeem for it.

Thought I'd post my Freckle Fiesta swatches here.

Fenty Mattemoiselle Freckle FiestaFenty Mattemoiselle Freckle Fiesta

Smashbox Always On "Out Loud" (top), Fenty Mattemoiselle "Freckle Fiesta", Too Faced Melted Matte "Gingerbread"Smashbox Always On "Out Loud" (top), Fenty Mattemoiselle "Freckle Fiesta", Too Faced Melted Matte "Gingerbread"

If you have Smashbox Always On liquid lip in Out Loud, or missed out on the Too Faced Gingerbread liquid lipstick, Freckle Fiesta is an acceptable alternative! On me it is slightly more brown-toned and less red-toned when compared to the other 2. And of course, if you liked the other 2 colours but don't want a liquid lipstick, this is a great alternative as well.

The formula is pretty good. Pigmentation is off the charts which makes application a tiny bit tricky around the lip line. I blotted the lipstick down and couldn't feel it on my lips for the first 2 hours, it wasn't until I ate something that it started to feel a tiny bit dry on my lips...not unusual for a matte lipstick.

It seems to cover lip flakes well and has not crumbled so far. I'd compare the pigmentation to a more matte version of NARS Audacious.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks a bunch for the comparison with Smashbox-Outloud. I have been looking for something similar and I found this shade to be the closest match! Bite Beauty- Arrowroot also falls into the same shade family. I am a huge sucker for burnt orangish brownish shades and would definitely buy this one!

I have freckle fiesta and too faced gingerbread, you're m...

I have freckle fiesta and too faced gingerbread, you're making me want the smashbox one too (which is already on my loves list). Gorgeous colour on you.!

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Thank you so much for searching this. Freckle Fiesta appears to be the ONLY dupe for a now discontinued Clinique Terra Cotta lipstick. This is the first swatch I've seen and your description of it having more of a brown ti t means it is exactly what I am looking for!

Re: RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

It does look like Clinique's old skool Terra Cotta! Now to find a 'Plum Jam'! 🙂

@k617, this makes me consider buying freckle firsta! Than...

@k617, this makes me consider buying freckle fiesta! Thank you for the photo!

This color looks amazing 😍 on your lips- beautiful!  @k617. I love this formula and it almost feels like you aren't wearing anything at all.  

Thank you @sarahshter! Yes, the formula is really quite good...so long lasting without feeling dry! Very impressed!

@k617 Thanks for the swatches and comparisons. I’m sold. Need me some Fenty lipsticks. 

Yesss! @darkiceis You need!!!

Also, this lipstick passed the apple test - yes, it stained my Golden Delicious apple and did wear off, but I can get away without re-application. Colour is still mostly there. That is impressive for a lipstick!

Thanks @veronika23 @mezzotown88 😄

Formula update - colour is still pretty vibrant after a slightly messy poke bowl lunch. Slightly wore off in the middle of my bottle lip. I touched up the inner parts of my lip where it's faded completely but if my mouth is closed you couldn't even tell!

Good to know! Thanks so much @k617! 🙂

testing