Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

There's no match for me, either, but I'm a green-gold oli...

There's no match for me, either, but I'm a green-gold olive skintone. there's never anything for me, which is why I'm actually interested in this Huda Faux Filter foundation.

Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@aknick0518

I have a real hard time getting matched too.  I went into a store yesterday and we tried a few using some pretty glaring light sources.  

Then I asked for a sample of my suggested match so I can try it this week with my typical products.  

I hope you find your match soon!!!!! 💜💜💜💜💜

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I realize that I wasn't matched well. I was told I'm a 480 by SA that's a fenty ambassador but it's took dark. Another SA told me I'm a 470. Color IQ shows I'm a 450. It doesn't help that I don't wear foundation everyday. I'm a mom of two kiddos under the age of two. I tried the 450 it seemed a little red to me. My local Sephora doesn't have all the colors for the testers!!! They only have about 4-5

This line is selling out so quickly!!!! 

Hopefully they can either produce more or the hype will settle down soon.  So many of us are excited to get it.  I have a fairly new foundation and primer, so I keep reminding myself I will live if I had to wait 30 days.  💜

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Does anyone else have trouble opening their Killawatt Highlighter? I've only used it twice because I can't get it to open for the life of me! Did I get a reject? I spent 5 min this morning trying to open it before giving up. I'm going to return it. 

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I had my husband open it for me lol and he taught me a trick. If you push the indented part in it opens easily.

I didn't have any trouble opening mine. That sucks for you - I'm sorry.

It was nearly impossible for me to open the first time, b...

It was nearly impossible for me to open the first time, but once I got it open initially, it opens pretty easily for me now. I do have yo use my nails, though, which is hard because I have glue-ons. 😕

Yes!  It's such a pain to open.  I keep almost breaking a nail or stabbing the pan with said nail!

Fenty is basically restocked in the US too

Not online.  😞 Most of the foundations are out of stock 😞 

I kept checking back.  I am ready to buy the foundation and primer! 

RE: Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@JillyBeanTX it was back in stock when I posted. Online it was maybe 3 shades still out of stock. They must have sold out again. Hope you can get your shade

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@KNC24 - My order is placed! I am praying it ships because I haven't gotten the confirmation of yes (or no) yet. 

Hoping I made the cut! LOL 

(wanted the primer too so both were back in stock when I placed my order yesterday!) 

@JillyBeanTX I hope you don't get the dreaded email. Glad you were finally able to order your fenty products

@KNC24 

I actually stopped in my regular store today and although they were out, I got a sample so I can make sure my fickle skin loves it. 

The website only has one color again and no primer 😯😯😯 but it's ok.  I will keep checking back and I will have it soon! 

To console myself, the Benefits consultants were there.  They did my brows so I bought a few products and received an adorable gift with purchase brow bag. 😜

I am loving the glowing reviews!! And ohmygosh!!! The highlighters!!!!! I swatched so many products, I felt like a Christmas ornament!!! The entire collection is stunning!!!

Hey everyone, Sephora has restocked ALL shades of Fenty Beauty Foundation on the Canadian Sephora 🇨🇦 website as of 5am EST today so I'm sure the American Sephora 🇺🇸 website should be updated with the restocked foundation as well, hopefully soon! 😊

"Is Rihanna Launching Skincare Products, Too? Here's What You Need to Know"

From popsugar:

Spoiler
In a mere two weeks, Rihanna not only launched a makeup line that shook the entire beauty industry, but she also debuted a major holiday collection. Now, rumor has it the superstar may have skincare products in the works, too.

The news comes from internet sleuths who realized that, on Sept. 15, Rihanna applied for a new trademark for House of Fenty under her company Roraj Trade LLC (which holds the trademarks for Fenty Beauty, Clara Lionel Foundation, and Rihanna's other ventures). It was seemingly first noticed by Rihanna fan @MrMouthAlmighty, who posted a screenshot of the products listed under the trademark's goods and services description. It included "non-medicated skin care preparations, namely, creams, lotions, gels, toners," and more. In other words, prepare to give Rihanna all your money (as if you haven't already!).

That's not all, either. The full goods list, available for anyone to see on trademark database Justia, also covers "cleaners and peels, hand lotions, nail care preparations, artificial nails, nail polish, nail polish removers, nail treatment creams, temporary tattoos for use as cosmetics, shower gels, bath gel, [and] perfume." This means she may not only be looking to launch skincare products but also nail products, bath products, and even temporary tattoos (how cool would it be if they looked like her famous ones?).

Of course, at this point, this is all speculation. The trademark application is pending as of its last update on Sept.21. You should also keep in mind that her trademark for Fenty Beauty was registered way, way back in Aug. 2014 and the collection didn't launch until Sept. 2017. In 2014, Rihanna also applied for trademarks for other potential businesses that have yet to come to fruition, like Fenty intimates and swimwear. Many big-name celebs do the same — applying for trademarks is not so much a confirmation of a business as it is a way to leave doors open and simultaneously protect them from others profiting off their names.

That minutiae hasn't stopped Twitter from getting excited over the news. Based on all the hype, not to mention the massive retail success of Fenty Beauty (hello, sold-out foundations), customers are ready whether or not Rihanna launches skincare any time soon. Start saving up now. 

Swatch of Fenty Beauty GALAXY collection eye shadow palette from IG thebajaneffectSwatch of Fenty Beauty GALAXY collection eye shadow palette from IG thebajaneffect

Just got the FENTY foundation in shade 420, the deep Match STIX, KILLAWATT in ginger binge/Moscow Mule and the primer for my birthday the other day and I can't wait to use these!!! 😊🤗 also I'm soooo excited for her Christmas GALAXY collection, I really want to get the glosses and lipstick, I'm not 100% sold on the eyeshadow palette 

Can the blotting powder be used to set under eyes and face?

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.16.38 AM.png

testing