cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I really love the shade range of this line!! I'm just having a problem with it separating on me, and making me unbelievably dry. I've exfoliated, moisturized and used 3 different primers the past couple of days. Tomorrow I am going to try the Smashbox primerizer with it! So far her primer, the urban decay optical illusion, and smashbox radiance primer have nothing for me.  Does anyone with dry skin have tips on how to get this to set right? Thanks!!

Anonymous Insider

I use the Neutrogena Hydra Boost Gel - Extra Dry skin aft...

I use the Neutrogena Hydra Boost Gel - Extra Dry skin after I wash my face and it really made a difference. Then the Smashbox photo finish primer. To finish off I use a bit of All Nighter and Dewy Finish by NYX.

@crucidix  I haven't tried this foundation yet but have you tried mixing in an oil with your foundation? Any beauty oil or jojoba, almond, etc.  Put some foundation on the back of your hand, add only 1 drop of oil, mix, apply. Hope this can help.

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Is the primer a must for the foundation? I have it but I cant decide if it's really necessary

I am incredibly impressed by the quality of design and packaging.

The brushes came in perfect condition with beautiful and protective packaging. I love the matching covers. These brushes are stunning IRL. But, most importantly they are 100% cruelty free, synthetic, and super soft. The highlighter brush is chiseled. Though I'd describe it more as faceted. Which makes it so multipurpose!

Spoiler
IMG_0053.PNGIMG_0055.PNG

IMG_0054.PNG

IMG_0051.JPG

Damn you @Randell!!! These brushes are gorgeous!

Sorry @veronika23! I think I'm in love with these brushes. Especially the highlighting shape. 

grrr now I might have to get some lol.  Thanks @Randell

Those brushes are so pretty! Thank you for sharing/enabling @Randell 😉

I feel like I'd have a difficult time using the highlighter brush (I'm a brush noob), but I'm really drawn to the shape of the foundation brush. Do you think I could use that for other products such as blush?

@myumew It is pretty dense, so my guess is that it will pick up a lot of product. But, I think it will blend beautifully. So, with a light hand, I don't see why not. Probably also depends on the texture of the blushes. If it applies to heavy for you, you could always apply your blush with a normal blush brush, then blend with this one. I think you will love it. 😉

Dry Skin Foundation Report~

I have super dry skin (like MUFE UHD looks crackly on me after an hour).  Despite most reviews saying this foundation is drying, I did end up getting a free sample of it, so I gave it a try today.  And so far...I'm actually really impressed!  It actually looks gorgeous on my skin after three hours of wear.  So far it feels slightly dry, but it doesn't look dry at all.  I'm genuinely shocked!

I'll report back at the end up the day and to see if it actually managed to stay looking decent on me :3

@Madeline7 I'm so glad to hear this! I have dry skin as well and stayed away from this foundation because all the reviews seemed to have mentioned something about how matte it is. I'll definitely have to check this out. 🙂

What did you use to apply It? a brush or sponge?

What did you use to apply It? a brush or sponge?

Re: What did you use to apply It? a brush or sponge?

I used a beauty blender.  It ended up holding up and looking really good the whole day.  I decided to purchase a bottle of it!

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@Madeline7 That's great that the foundation is working for you, so many people with dry skin have had less successful experiences. How did you prep your skin before applying the foundation? Maybe you've unlocked the secret to making this work for even more people!

Re: RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I applied a layer of rosehip seed oil, rubbed it in, then applied the primer and waited for it to dry down.  I applied the foundation alongside some additional rosehip seed oil and the finish ended up looking pretty nice. I worked in small sections to blend it out quickly, and the oil didn't seem to prevent it from setting much at all. One downside is that I think the oil sheered it out, because the coverage was so light I would barely even call it medium.  I was able to build it up a little bit, but not significantly.  It still -feels- a little dry, but so far it looks pretty good (no signs of flaking yet)

Anonymous Insider

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

So my closest skin match is the shade Sand by e.l.f, it is a perfect match! What Fenty shade would be close to this one? I already made a huge purchase but ordering shades online is tough so I am hoping it is a good match!! Can't wait to try out, I have really dry skin and I am 52 so should be entertaining. I probably will post a video on my channel. Thanks for the help!

I just wanted to share that the temptalia shade matrix has added Fenty Beauty so that might be a good resource for anyone trying to shade match without going into the store. The way it works for anyone who does not know if you imput your other foundations/bb creams and it gives the 3 most likely matches based on that.

I have not purchased this foundation but maybe someone who got shade matched could test it out and see if it comes up with the right result!

Oh wow @Kim888! I was hoping Temptalia would do something like this as she has with lipsticks, it's really helpful!

I'm waiting for my order to arrive tomorrow. I'm going to go in store to get matched. I think I'm 370 but I want to make sure.

This.foundation.burns
testing