cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: Gloss Bomb... I found it not to have much color and it did not make my face pop at all. It kinda made me look washed out by itself (I'm a brown-eyed, blond with medium skin tone) - It's just OK over lipstick, but again, just average. Not real thrilled with my purchase.

Foundation. Burnss

Agree. Nothing fancy or remarkable.

Agree. Nothing fancy or remarkable.

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I went in store today and bought the gloss. So far I really like it. I got a sample of the foundation but I haven't worn it yet. I was really tempted by some of the highlighter duos but I held back. I'm trying to save up for the holidays, and since it's a permanent range I can always pick them up later. What are everybody's favorites so far? I've seen SO MANY reviews on youtube already!

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Love the highlighter in mean money/hustla baby and the gloss

Hi, all!  I've been wearing my sample of Fenty foundation in 120 for two days and there's plenty left for tomorrow too.  I'm very surprised that it's such a good match.  I really don't think it changed colors at any time.  Although it does look chalky when it first goes on; but after a couple of minutes, the chalkiness goes away.  It feels so light when it's on; it's not like wearing anything.  It has a nice matte finish, but it's not so matte that you look fake.  It's not drying, but it does seem to have some oil control.  The best part is my makeup looks as good when I leave work as it did when I got to work.  I'm glad I "went for it" and got a sample!

Is anyone else having issues with the foundation oxidizing? I've tried two different shades and they both went on fine and then had me looking like an Oompa Loompa after an hour

Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I have the same problem I used the 330(to dark orange almost look like a pumpkin) and 310 it was almost my match it looks perfectly inside the store  but then a few min my face was a bit orange a really want to find my shade ... mi iQ color is 2Y10..... and I already search every iQ color for every fenty shade , do you know your iQ color? I have the perfect match for every shade unfortunetly mi iq color never came out with any shade

RE: Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

When I got color IQ'd it matched me with 260 🙄 my perfect match was 210 but with it oxidizing I went with 190. It was a bit light but after oxidizing it matched so I'd say go with a shade that might seem too light but let it sit for a bit to see what it's actually gonna look like

@MariinaSalazar - You might want to look at 230 or 260.  Both have neutral undertones.  230 has a Color IQ of 3Y08 and 260 has a Color IQ of 2Y07.  The reason I suggest these is because you mention the orange.  The colors you've tried have peach undertones, which may be the reason the foundation looks orange.

My match is 120 with a Color IQ of 2Y03, yet my Color IQ is 1R05.  You can see that your match may be a very different number.

I can't find a good match for my skin tone because it kee...

I can't find a good match for my skin tone because it keeps oxiding on my skin. it's sad considering the reviews and the price of her foundations.

RE: I can't find a good match for my skin tone because it kee...

I had to try 3 different shades. 210 was my match but it oxidized and so did the next shade down 200. Just got 190 and it looks like it's actually going to work

I had the same issue buuutt, I was using an orange color...

I had the same issue buuutt, I was using an orange color corrector under. are you using anything under it or old product on your sponge or brush?

RE: I had the same issue buuutt, I was using an orange color...

I'm just using her primer under it and washed my sponge before use and it still happened

Its not oxidizing, its not a chemical reaction with the air and your skin.  The foundation  is known (and most foundations do this) to dry to its true shade.  This is just like anything that dries down, it darkens, liquid lipstick, cake icing, paint, etc.  If you can, you should swatch a couple shades you think will match and see how they dry down. 

RE: Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

I tried 200 and 210. Both turned orange after some time but they looked fine after immediately drying

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

It sounds like those both are too dark for you. I suggest finding the shade that looks a little light on you initially. When it dries down it should match perfectly.

I bought the Match Stix Trio in Light and am having a hard time with the concealer.  I have very dry under eyes, huge bags and lots of fine lines.  The concealer seems to emphasize my bags and lines! I tried blending it out with a drop of face oil, no bueno.  Seemed to lift all the concealer off of my face.  Someone please help, I really want to love it!

@JennZan have you tried warming it up and applying it with your finger? You can also try to use it to highlight instead of directly as concealer under your eyes.

I use very little. Maybe try less product.

I use very little. Maybe try less product.

My local Sephora is still not open because of Hurricane Irma, so seeing all of these swatches and reading these reviews are filling a void in my life right now 😘

testing