cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@LCResz Do you live in Miami or further up north? The one in Brickell is open right now.

Thanks for the heads up @makeitup305 I live all the way in Fort Lauderdale, near Davie. I ventured out yesterday and most places were still cleaning up, and today I didn't get a chance to venture out, so hopefully tomorrow 🤞 

@LCResz well if there's a tiny silver lining to this awful mess is that the store will be fully stocked when you get there! Hope everything and everyone are ok over there! It was quite the scare.

If only @makeitup305! Did your area in Miami recover already? Broward still looks like a mess, lots of downed trees, and many stores still had plywood on the windows and doors 😔 But tomorrow things should be way better, and it'll be nice to have a distraction rather than be stuck at home since schools are out until Monday. 

@LCResz There's still lots of debris on the streets but I have power, which many people still don't. I haven't been able to work this week because of it, though thankfully the building was mostly undamaged. The city seems to be slowly but efficiently getting up and running, thankfully. It breaks my heart to see how bad other parts of the state fared.

Me too @makeitup305, maybe we can get all the Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach beauty lovers together and have a swatch party at an open Sephora! 🤔 

I was wondering if anyone could swatch foundation shades 130 and 140 next to each other and let them dry down so I could see what the difference is in the shades? I heard 130 is lighter but is also way more yellow, and my nearest Sephora is 2 hours away so I cannot swatch them myself 😞  If not, do any of you know how I could get some samples before I just purchase a shade..?

Thanks!

@jaycee218 130 is indeed lighter and more yellow. I was just there and ended up getting 140. I think I could make 130 work but 140 suited better (I'm a MAC NC25)

I'm about an NC15 in mac!

Hey @jaycee218 I posted a bunch of swatches a few days ago. Swatches of 130 and 140 are available on this page: 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-FENTY-BEAUTY-THREAD/td-p/2877198/page/13

You are literally amazing thank you that helped so much!

So, I was playing around with my Fenty order that came in yesterday, the duo in Ginger and Moscow Mule, two Stix in Unicorn and Ridiic, and the lip gloss. And I noticed that the white case of the highlighter duo is actually duo-chrome when held at an angle. It has a really beautiful purple pearl sheen, terrible photos below. I was going to include a picture of the look I had on last night but the rest of me wasn't photo-ready. I will say, @txcatx, I also LOVE the gloss! It's so plush feeling and really pretty.

IMG_7353.JPGIMG_7352.JPG

The packaging is sooo beautiful @NotCrocker

BEST foundation and highlighter i've ever gotten. I got shade 110 and trophy wife. By far the best and worth every penny. 

Dropping off a few swatches!

Trippin', Bamboo, MochaTrippin', Bamboo, MochaSame with Mocha blendedSame with Mocha blended

Kilowatt Highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal action shot:

I will add my Chili Mango swatch later. It's sheers out more than I expected after seeing initial swatches (which is a good thing haha)

*By the way, I am test driving the foundation today. I am currently shade 290 since I got a major tan this summer (normally I'd be around 220 or 240).

ooh! I cannot wait to try!

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Omg Its amazing though it may cost you your wallet lol

I recently bought her foundation and it is amazing!!!!! the coverage she gives you with very little product is everything!!!! Lets also add that she kept her prices at an affordable range for quality services!

Did you get the primer as well? Is it a necessary purchase?

I got the primer (not the foundation because I have dry skin) and I'm disappointed with it sadly...I tried it with Armani Luminous Silk and Lasting Silk and it made the foundations look so terrible, very cakey and dry.  I think my skin is too dry for the primer unfortunately!

This line was made for more oily skinned women. Probably why you were disappointed, you don't need anything that's mattifying.  

5 Replies
testing