cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Thanks @troppi !!  A great problem indeed.  Starting off with such a wide variety of complexion products should be the standard and not the exception, which I'm sure she knew WOC have been clamoring for!  Still need to wear a full face with the foundation but I'm excited to have something that rivals my other favorite foundations.

Please share your goodies once everything arrives 🙂

Great swatches @ElleElleG!

Thanks @trishalovess 😁

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the swatches girl! Did you notice if the contoursticks were really dark? Like they'd work on 470?

I'm not 100% certain @Anonymous. I thought the Espresso contour shade was deep but I matched to the 420 foundation and didn't swatch any higher than 440.  A reverse contour would absolutely be possible though.

Sorry I couldn't be of better help. 

Thanks for the beautiful swatches @ElleElleG The shimmer skinsticks are gorgeous. Also, I love that you posted pics of the display. I love seeing everything all together!

Thank you @PrettyPaint!  I fell in love all over again the second I saw the full display. It also reinforced just how much the brand released at once.

Your swatches are beautiful @ElleElleG! ❤

Thanks @angel7594 ☺️

RE: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Oh btw the match stix have magnet outside. You can attach them together. Fun concept. I am not planning to get anything. I recently got the Milk matte foundation and I am extremely happy with that. If at all may be I will get the match stix over the course of time collecting a few contour/highlighters to stix them together 🙂

I'm super impressed by this line! I've been on the hunt for a new foundation and BarePro has been one of the leading contenders for awhile - but when someone told me it looked a little drying I immediately started my search over. I decided to try out the Fenty foundation today and WOW! This foundation has great coverage - not exactly full, nor does it claim to be - and doesn't exaggerate any of my skin problems. My nose has been through the wringer recently as far as texture and noticeable pores and even my (then-current) trusty foundation + primer made my nose and surrounding area look horrible 😕 Once I put both the Fenty foundation and primer on I saw an immediate difference and didn't look dry or overly textured (LOL) at all! I was really expecting the price point to be up there but it's really reasonable; kudos to it being the same price as the BarePro so I didn't feel bad for jumping ship so soon. 

Below is a pic of me wearing it! I feel like my skin looks airbrushed 😄

Spoiler
FullSizeRender 52.jpgIMG_8138.JPG

Admittedly I wasn't too interested in the other products in the line but the foundation and a primer are a must-have from Fenty!!! 

@ashanizerbeautiful! Thanks for your thoughts 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@ashanizer  Your skin looks flawless! Did you get the brush or ..?

@Anonymous Thank you so much!!! I actually applied with my fingers and further blended it out with a BB 😄 

RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@ashanizer looks awesome! what shade did you get?

Re: RE: Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@karap03 thank you! 😄 I got 150! 140 and 160 would've also worked but were a tad too warm. For reference I'm an NC20; B20 in YSL All Hours; 4 in Luminous Silk; 215 (old 210) in Lancome Teint Idole; and 4/5 in BarePro 

I bought a lot of the line online and went into the store...

I bought a lot of the line online and went into the store today because I was too impatient to wait and play with the products and decided to try on the foundation. The Sephora employee said that they do darken throughout the day, but so far I haven't noticed any of that. Has anyone else who has tried out the foundation had it darken on them?

Re: I bought a lot of the line online and went into the store...

@Quinnella A few of the SA's at my sephora said they dry down darker - not oxidize lol they made a huge point about that - but that the true color would show through after a minute. So far that rings true for me! Once the foundation settled down, it hasn't changed color during the past few hours I've had it on 😄 Plus I LOVE it! The primer is very nice too and I'm super happy the products are more on the affordable side of Sephora lines.

Re: I bought a lot of the line online and went into the store...

@ashanizer - I picked up a sample of the foundation today.  I asked to be matched.  The SA said the foundation oxidizes, but that it happens quickly.  I think your SA is correct in terminology.  If it happens quickly, it's not oxidation that's causing the color change, it's the dry down.  I think people hear the term oxidation, but don't understand what it means.  They know it has something to do with the foundation color changing so that's the term that's used.

Thank goodness because when she said it would darken duri...

Thank goodness because when she said it would darken during the day I was kind of worried, but it's been on my face for hours and nothing has happened so I thought I'd ask if anyone had different experiences, whew! I really like the foundation so far I just can't wait till my order gets in! I got the primer too so I can't wait to see how the foundation applies with that (:

I was at Sephora today and specifically asked and showed interest in Fenty (being a lover of cruelty-free products), but received very little info on the product and at the time of my purchase, never got a free sample. Perhaps I got a new employee? Or part-time? Or they just didn't care that much? I didn't even catch her name, her long blonde hair covered her tag, and she never gave it to me. 😕

3 Replies
testing