cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE ORDINARY / DECIEM THREAD

~ Updated Dec 2nd 2018 ~

Their popularity seems to be growing and with all the their brands why not have a thread dedicated to them!

Brands under Deciem:

NIOD

Hylamide

Chemistry Brand

The Ordinary

Loopha

The Fountain

HIF

Ab Crew

Abnomaly

COMING SOON/NEWS:

Brands coming under the Deciem name:

• Halftone
    HIPPOOH
    Stencil

RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

Deciem has just released a whole whack of new products; the Re-pigment Serum, a bunch of new retinol/oids and a Ferulic Acid

Re: RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

Wowza! I'm still trying to get through trying the original Ordinary products. LOL Hope they can keep up with the demand. It's great they're doing variations of formulas for retinols. 

RE: THE DECIEM THREAD

An explanation of Abnomaly

This is intriguing but Brandon has some serious Crazy Eyes going on.  

Hmm...this is kinda cool and fits in quite well with their company ethos. Good way for them to test random product concepts and if it's well received, they can make it permanent. I don't know I'd sign up right off the bat though without more info on the types of products (skincare, hair care, makeup, supplements??). It could be a great box or a box of crap you'd never use!

This is bothering me because I keep reading it as a typo of anomaly. Which maybe is the point, but still.

So basically random products that don't fit with the line of any existing brand?

They have so many products already, I can't imagine what they can come up with...!

RE: THE DECIEM THREAD!!!

Swatch and review had a post about some new Deciem stuff coming [and another new brand - Esho] I'm particularly intrigued by the RePigment serum

Re: RE: THE DECIEM THREAD!!!

While interested with the hyper pigmentation product (and the rest who am I kidding?) $70 is a bit steep for a product I'm assuming I can't return (I order from Beautylish). Can't wait for reviews!

I am very intrigued with this new product.  I definitely could use more help with my hyperpigentation.  I feel like I've tried everything with so so results.  Arbutin, hydroquinine, licorice, Vitamin c, Retinol, etc.  This couldn't hurt that's for sure! 

Thanks. Updated the OP. 🙂

Abnomaly?

I just saw this on IG and it feels so different than their packaging.

Okay I'm still super confused about it all but is Abnomaly a new Deciem line or?

@Mochapj hmmmmmm 

RE: Re: RE: THE DECIEM THREAD!!!

@malday my understanding is it's another line within Deciem. Ive seen quite a few comments speculating that it's skincare for kids... 🤷🏽‍♀️

Re: THE DECIEM THREAD!!!

I passed by one of the DECIEM stores yesterday and it wasn't open.  The woman inside pointed to the door that showed they open at 11 am. Is that not late for a store to open!  lol

RE: DECIEM THREAD!!!

I have been using some of The Ordinary products for a few months now. I like the matrixyl and hyaluronic acid serums so far. I tried the argireline and i think it gave me headaches, i have the lactic acid 10% serum but I haven't tried it yet.

Re: DECIEM THREAD!!!

New product - Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone

cb644e1b-3861-4ea8-b734-a5f421a9f9ba.jpg

Say hello to Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone, our new offering to join the very big family of Vitamin C solutions from The Ordinary. This stable formula uses very lightweight silicones to offer a smooth skin feel and to avoid the short-lived gritty texture of stable Vitamin C suspension systems that some find undesirable. This formula is very strong and almost always causes a stinging sensation during initial periods of use, but can be diluted on each application with serums or creams to reduce this stinging while skin builds tolerance. (30ml US/CA$6.80, £5.80).

Oh.. and it goes without saying that the formula contains no water as water always causes Vitamin C to oxidize regardless of how a formulation is packaged or stored, resulting in an ongoing change in colour toward orange. Water, without exception, causes Vitamin C to degrade and changes its potential from an anti-oxidant to a pro-oxidant. Some brands add orange-coloured ingredients to their formulations to mask the appearance of Vitamin C oxidation. If you see any signs of orange (or, in short, if you see pure Ascorbic Acid and water together in a formula), run as fast and as far away as you can.

This photo makes me want soft serve!! Heart

I ordered a gigantic haul of The Ordinary products from Beautylish a while back and have loved everything I got. I have been so impressed by the products. I have sensitive skin but nothing has caused any type of irritation. As for results, the main objective of my skin care routine is anti-aging so I can't speak too much about reduction in acne, redness, etc. I'm 24 and don't have any wrinkles yet so I also can't speak to a reduction in fine lines but I've noticed increased clarity of my complexion. The texture of my skin is also smoother and more plump - but again I should note that I've never had any major texture or acne concerns to start with. 

The only problem I have is with the "Buffet" serum. It seems to cause pilling when I use it under sunscreen. That's the only time it ever pills and finding a good sunscreen is hard as it. Other than that minor offense, I absolutely love the brand and really hope the brand remains cruelty free. 

In case anyone is curious, here is what I have tried: 

• Advanced Retinoid 2%
  • Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
  • Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
  • 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
  • Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
  • Buffet
  • 100% Plant-Derived Squalane (have yet to use since I'm using the rose oil atm) 

I'd be happy to answer any questions about my experience. Overall I highly recommend the brand! 

2 Replies
testing