Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Once Upon A Time we fell in love with an indie brand...

now we have a place to discuss and post updates as the brand continues to grow! 

WW.png

WWshdes.png

Re: Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Rose brushes update:

Today I tried using one of the Rose brushes with a stick foundation.  This was definitely a no-go!

Yesterday I purchased the Tarte stick foundation.  Since you can use the Rose Brushes with liquids and creams (though not recommend it) and Tarte recommends a flat-top brush or sponge, I decided to use the flat-top Rose Brush.  I swiped the stick (very creamy) on my forehead and then used the brush in an upward circular motion (as suggested by Tarte).  After the first pass and a couple more to be sure, these brushes are not dense enough for creams (or sticks).

I'm still liking the brushes for my setting powder, meteorites, and powder blushes.

They'll be back...but they won't last long.

You asked for it, so we are going to release another small batch of our sold out sensation Rose Gold Wizard Wands! They will be back in stock tomorrow, Friday, July14at 12pm (CST) for $55 only at storybookcosmetics(dot)com!

Thank you @Titian06! Yes this looks like the FINAL restock (we'll believe it when we see it right?)

rgrestrock.png

Bumpity Bump Bump!

bump

Go away, spammer! BUMP!

THis is insane

Cant wait to see these...

story.JPG

This looks like something one of my sisters would like. Potential Christmas gift.

Oooh!!!

idon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushesidon'tneednewbrushes

Honestly, as much as I love halloween, I'm not a fan of orange, so if they're orange bristles, I might be safe. Unless they're an ombre orange and look like fire. Then, my willpower is doomed...

Ooh black rose stems would be SO awesome! Especially timed with a Halloween launch 😄 You guys, I can not wait for our Halloween Snack RAK 😉 

Same! ❤️❤️❤️

IMG_0887.GIF

First, whenever Storybook posts a picture of something new, it's always in B&W, so I think this is a B&W picture, not black stems.

Second, @Mcakes posted this picture on page 3 of this thread:

brush.png

I think these are going to be an interchangeable brush head set.

Look at the second stem from the top and you can see what looks like a short "tea light" holder.

This is me speculating.  I could (and probably am) way off since this doesn't fit the Hallowe'en theme.  Personally, I'd love a set of dark purple brush heads on black stems to go with my rose brushes!

Black roses maybe?

I'm kind of hoping they'll have orange, purple, or spooky green bristles. 🙂

Very interesting!

Ooooh! These are going to be fun!

Related image

OH @lmi82!  I lurve 2Spooky..

Image result for spooky man dance gif

Bump it!

I washed my rose brushes on Wednesday morning.  They were finally dry this morning (Friday).  No bristle loss, no fading, no dye loss during washing or after drying.  Still just as soft after their first wash.

In the picture I posted above, I used the right-most one (domed) for my face/setting powder.  For me, it was what I've been looking for.  It picked up and held the amount I want it to and the brush head is the right size.  For comparison, I've been using the Sephora Pro Airbrush 55 for maybe the past year.  The handle length is the right length as well.  In fact I didn't even think about the handle other than when I initially picked up the brush and was reminded how heavy it was.  As soon as I started using it, I didn't give a thought to the weight, diameter (thin), or even the length.  So that means (to me) these are just right.

I tried two of the brushes for blush.  This was due to the fact that the first one I used picked up way too much blush!  So after wiping off some of the blush from my face, I tried a different brush and a lighter color, and it too picked up too much.  But the darker and lighter colors worked together, so at least I don't look too bad.  These are not blush brushes OR I have to remember take much shorter sweeps!

The last brush I used with my meteorites as my finishing powder.  I am happy with the amount it picked up.  I can do my entire face with one sweep in the meteorites.

My overall impression is these are very nice brushes that are great with face powders, but need considerable tweaking for blushes.  The brush heads take a couple of days to dry, but do not fade or lose bristles and are the right size (not too big, not too small).  The handles, at least for my small handles, weren't even a consideration.

This was definitely a worthwhile investment for me! 

Thank you so much for your review @Titian06! I am so happy that you feel these are worth the money. It must feel so glam using these to apply meteorites 😄 Thank you for the warning against using these as blush though lol 😮

Conversation Stats
Photos123
  • FullSizeRender(20).jpg
  • WW.png
  • WWshdes.png
  • wands.png
  • wands2.png
  • bullseye.png
  • bullseyetop.png
  • bullseyeset.png
  • sisters.png
  • adventure.png