Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal

Pat mcgrath

Are the Pat Mcgrath palettes worth the money? I want to buy one, but I'm scared. 

Re: Pat mcgrath

I absolutely LOVE Pat MvGrath eyeshadows abs have several of her palettes but not all of them. Yes, to me they are worth the money. She has really good sakes on her website at times. Study the palettes and pick the one(s)  you know  will get the most use...I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with your selection!! Give it a try

@launa54  Depends on your eyeshadow preferences. In my opinion, her shimmers and metallics perform better than her mattes. That doesn't mean her mattes are bad; they're not. I own all but one of the 10-pan Motherships, and the only one I'm not thrilled with is V (Bronze Seduction)—mainly because there are only 2 shades in that palette that excite me (Blitz Flame and Fire Opal), and I'd rather have been able to buy those 2 separately or in a quad instead of dropping money on a Mothership. But hey, Bronze Seduction is many people's favorite Mothership so, you know, personal preferences. 

The Mothership I don't own is VII (Divine Rose). That palette's a curation of existing shades, mostly from other Motherships, so I don't need it. I like the shades individually, but seeing them pulled together in one palette as a color story kinda bores me. Eh, like Bronze Seduction, many folks love Divine Rose. 

If you want to try some of Pat's shadows without spending Mothership cash, consider one of these options: 

• PAT McGRATH LABS Mega Mothership: Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette - a great way to try lots of shadows; contains none of her "special" Blitz or Astral formulas, but does contain some fun duochromes. I have this palette and love it so much, I might buy a second one as a backup if it goes on sale again. 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette Interstellar Icon or any of her other quads - the Celestial Divinity quads contain no Blitz or Astra shadows, but the Obsessive Opulence quads do. I love the 4 quads I own. 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Eye Ecstasy: Eyeshadow Palette Subversive or the Eye Ecstasy Sublime palette - both are out of stock at Sephora, but PMG direct probably still has them available at a discounted price. These little 5-pans are great for travel, and a good way to dip your toe into Pat's shadows without spending much money. 

If you buy any of Pat's palettes, I hope you enjoy them! Check out the product pages on her site for each Mothership for some shadow application tips/advice. I find it's good to see how she intended various shadows/formulas to be applied (dry brush vs. wet brush vs. finger, swipe vs. tap motion, etc.) and then experiment to see what works best for me. 

Thank you so much.  This is awesome 

@launa54 I have several of them and love her eyeshdaows.  They are really pricey so if you want to buy them I would wait till Sephora or her website has a sale on them.

Thank you so much 

Thank you so much.  

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing