Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

@sonnydee, Jet Girl highlighter popped up this morning. It's a little darker than Show Stopper.

niccccce! @Luvstravel thank you so much for the tag. it w...

niccccce! @Luvstravel thank you so much for the tag. it will be mine!😍

@SportyGirly125, Thanks, can't wait to see a swatch!

@SportyGirly125, Thanks, can't wait to see a swatch!

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

@Luvstravel Oh no! My poor wallet Smiley Wink

@blackkitty2014, I definitely need a swatch comparison be...

@blackkitty2014, I definitely need a swatch comparison between the two. A lot of people didn't like Show Stopper, but I did, so just curious about this new one.

Re: @blackkitty2014, I definitely need a swatch comparison be...

@Luvstravel I’m pretty sure we will see swatches soon πŸ˜‰

@blackkitty2014 @Luvstravel I ordered the highlighter coming tomorrow with the new Ciate holiday highlighter. 

@SportyGirly125 Can you please swatch it? Thx so much. 

@blackkitty2014 will do. 

RE: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Okie hopefully eyes watch will help somebody on the fence of picking up Glitter Rock. Pls excuse my gray and half of my face peels off due to a bad flu. Lol If you want arm swatches pls scroll down to see our famous in-house swatch expert @Mochapj picture. Her swatch is spot on for Glitter Rock. Minor fall out but pretty much in line with last year. Really pretty irl if you like glitters πŸ˜‰

Re: RE: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

@blackkitty2014 ,

Sorry that you feel miserable!  I hope that you feel better soon!  Glitter Rock looks lovely on you.

Thx you so much @tsavorite and @Sunnysmom ... Finally i'm better Smiley Happy Happy long weekend ladies!

Yea so glad! πŸ’ƒπŸ»Enjoy yours too @blackkitty2014 and all! ❀️

Looks cool on you @blackkitty2014 ! Hope you feel better! 😘

@blackkitty2014, the blue looks gorgeous on you!! I hope you're feeling better!

Thx you @TraceyEB .  Having a toddler bringing different cold/flu home from school every other week is hard.  Have you tried these MJ sequinns?  I blame @Mochapj .  I got addicted to these because of her swatches Smiley Wink She's right ... These are fun Smiley Wink

@blackkitty2014, I have not tried the MJ Sequins but love the look of the swatches. Hope the cold/flu cycle ends soon!

OK promise this is my last post about this highlight lol

Here is, left to right, KVD Gammaray, Marc Jacobs highlight, and Mac Show Gold. Sorry for the weird angles, these are so hard to photograph and they all look much more pink in person.

My verdict: KVD has the most glitter and pretty much no base. MJ has a more dusty pink base with the least glitter particles but on the skin (I am NC25) you basically just see a glossy sheen with microshimmer that reflects pink. Mac Show Gold is the most 'traditional' metallic highlight with more of a base and the base is duochrome so it's more of a strip than little sparkles on the face. 

69262067_968093530192641_8976275365655740416_n.jpg68955659_1197350733780307_7237585373449158656_n.jpg

Thx for posting @sydtomato .  Post all the swatches ... i'm loving them Smiley Wink

So I got the highlight in today. I totally see why the swatches of it are almost non-existent. It definitely shows up but on camera it's like its only capturing the part of it where it disappears and not the duochrome that actually shows up in the light. The picture I posted was the best I could get. I couldn't take a pic that looked close to what it actually looks like. It's very similar to Mac Show Gold just with micro glitter particles in it. On the swatch I didn't like it at all but after actually applying it on the face its really pretty. If you don't like 'glittery' highlights I don't think you will like this, there isn't much base pigment to it its just like a glossy, micro-glitter highlight that some might use as a topper but I liked it on its own. I really liked it on the body as well. I was hoping it would be more like a peachy version of the  "worth it" highlight they came out for spring but it's not. I am going to test it with Mac Show Gold and decide if I want to keep it or if it's too similar. If I didn't have Mac show gold I would be keeping it for sure. Hopefully that helps a bit if anyone was considering the highlight!

I also got in the smash glitz glitter. I looove it based off of the swatch. Again the photo makes it look more grey but it definitely has a more vibrant pink/purple colour to it. I can't wait to wear it, this is one of my favourite eyeshadow formulas. 

@blackkitty2014 @Luvstravel 

68951329_2415476208737807_894506722704490496_n.jpg69027809_2420416941535775_4441890864406462464_n.jpg69032062_351546812446311_6701123728882794496_n.jpg