Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 5.00.45 PM.png

Okay, bumping this for a quick question.

I got the Marc Jacobs Poutliner Longwear Lip Liner in Primrose in the Sephora Favorites Give Me Nude set, and I've fallen in love with it. I went to look at the liner, and I was incredibly disappointed when I saw there's only 3 colors, because I was about to go nuts on it. Then I saw the Kiss Pop Lipstick, and I noticed the packaging is similar, so I was curious about how they compare as far as formula and such goes. I know the liner will have a different formula and probably more lasting power, but are they pretty comparable when it comes to easy of application and pigment?

hate to say ladies, but I just got the replacement for midnight in paris, and it to is completely dried out and unusable. 

I bought the MJ holiday palette as well and eh... it's ok.  I was expecting to love it more for the price.  I have the MJ #102 (The Ingenue) eye-con No.3 and love it.  I've tried several things from the MJ line (nail polish, foundation, re(marc)able foundation concentrate, etc).  It's all ok, but doesn't blow my socks off.

I picked up a twinkle pop eyeshadow stick in honey bunny and style eye con palette in ingenue. They were an impulse buy and I ended up returning them. The twinkle pop hardly put any product on my lid would have had to apply at least 2-3 layers to get an even look. The other palette was cute but I didn't love the eyeshadow consistency so I exchanged for MUFE palette 1.

I was really excited to get some new Marc Jacobs cosmetics in the mail, but ALL of them have been total fails Smiley Sad The Enigma 7 eye shadow palette had no pigment and faded after an hour of wear. The nail polish chipped horribly after less than 24 hours. And the eyeliner I got for my mom apparently has such large shimmer flakes in it that it irritates her eyes. I really hate returning things, but these cost way too much to be so crummy Smiley Sad

the highliner i got 'in the buff' was such a dud that whenever i apply it it comes off in chunks, i never returned it, pretty sure i bought it this year but when it first came out, don't know when that was. so with that being said, even if the palettes look pretty, i'm not going to invest in them. 

That is really disappointing! I'm sorry you have had such poor experiences with the brand... I don't like the glittery eyeliners for the same reason and even the matte ones irritate my sensitive eyes if used on the waterline. I have not tried his nail polishes, and I have never experienced a poor quality eyeshadow from MJ yet... So sorry! Maybe it was something about the particular palette? Did you use an eyelid primer with it?

I was so happy to see that the MJ highliners were back, but I just got one in the mail, midnight in paris and its completely dried out and hard, Im so frustrated.  This is the same issue all over again.

Oh no! I'm so sorry... Have you contacted CS to describe the problem? Maybe they accidentally sent out one of the old ones. They should send a replacement...

okay so they're shipping a replacement.  I really hope it got pulled from an old box and I get a new one that works because I love that color.

Yay! I certainly hope so... Keep us posted!

so I haven't got the replacement for midnight in paris yet, but get this.  I received another two that I had ordered- sunset and marigold.  Marigold was fine but sunset was even worse than midnight in paris.  So I called the concierge line again and again they're going to send a replacement (although I'm getting nervous what with multiple sale purchases a day and 2 requests for replacements in a week).  Im just getting nervous that were going to see the same problem with these pencils that let to them being pulled back in august/september since it is now 2/4 that I have been shipped. 

Yikes! I've been waiting and waiting for jazz Berry to come back. I'm going to be sad if they still have the same problems and have to pull them all again Smiley Sad

me too Smiley Sad

Anyone else try the new Velvet Noir mascara?

I'm a fan of these types of mascaras, that build up the false eye lash look.  Works on my lashes but does it work on those with shorter lashes? 

I have it on in the video.

Very informative video thank you!

Yes received full size velvet noir major volume mascara. I really like it! It creates good volume and definition. It's right up there with my favorite mascaras from lancome.

I like these kinds of mascaras....

Thanks to the lovely Gwen, I now have the le Marc lip creme mini in magenta and I love it! Creamy enough but not slippy and a better color for me than boy gorgeous but more wearable than Blow. Also wearing Free Spirit shadows and black high liner againimage.jpg

I just found out I'm getting the new Marc Jacobs voxbox by influenster! So excited to try the new mascara!