Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Oh I am kicking myself for missing this one. It seemed so pricey at the time and I kept moving it in and out of my cart before and during the sale. And then it was gone Smiley Sad

Is it worth it? Will it ever come back?

check on marc jacobs beauty. Or, my sephora still had a bunch as recently as this past sunday... you might want to check your local store

Thank you! Do you think it is worth the price tag tho?

if you like neutral looks with subtle pops of color - yes. If you want really bright looks a la the spectrum palette, maybe not. But, these shadows are incredibly buttery and blend like a dream. I am basically lazy when it comes to getting ready for work because i like sleep and I work in a pretty conservative environment. and I don't have time to think of complicated looks or to spend a long time blending. This palette is great for laying down and blending quickly and the columns remove a lot of the thinking (though you can obviously create your own looks)

I usually wear the neutrals as I have a conservative occupation as well and not much time either. But I love the bright colors and do have the UD Spectrum and KVD Remix for the fun of it. I love the report of the Butteryness and Bendability of this palette. UGGG

I have yet to try my palette, but I do know that MJ shadows are incredibly buttery, pigmented and blendable. The formula is strongly reminiscent of the old Smashbox single eyeshadows -- and even some of the colors are nearly exact dupes.

I'm going to find one Smiley Happy 

Worth every penny! For me the colors are very wearable and the brighter ones are mild in comparison to other palettes which is what I like. 

Recently purchased the MJ Bronzer Brush No. 12 and just wanted to share with those who have not yet tried it or are thinking of it, it is amazing! I used it yesterday to apply my Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder and I loved it. Today I tried it with bronzer and I loved it even more than yesterday. The brush is large but not too big where it interferes with application. I also must mention it is SO SOFT. This could be my new favorite brush. If you're thinking of splurging on it, do it Smiley Happy

http://www.sephora.com/the-bronze-bronzer-brush-no-12-P379416?keyword=MARC%20JACOBS%20BEAUTY%20The%2...

Ohhh, this brush has been on my radar for so long. It is gorgeous and I'm sure I would get good use out of it. It just hasn't been a top priority in my beauty budget yet. Smiley Wink

It's a great brush and feels luxurious as all else, but it can probably wait til summer when you have better reason to buy a bronzing brushSmiley Happy.  

I find it really great for using as a  last minute blender for any contouring as well. 

I don't use bronzer very often myself, but I really like the tulip brush shape for applying powder blush and highlighters.

It's pretty huge! (and heavy)

I like this brush, but somehow I don't get to use it as often as I would. 

Definitely a splurge! I used my $25 off coupon on it... So I don't feel as bad... Smiley Wink

You must have been reading my mind.  I saw this and have been thinking about it.  I use the Laura Mercier powder as well and need a new brush for it.  Thanks for the info!

Just got this palette!  Mine is in secret relic mode as well.  I've only swatched it in the store and loved it.

As I come up with ideas...I'll post them.  Sometimes the MJ shadows are too metallic for me but I love these.

Sorry to veer off topic from the palette, which is gorgeous, but not in my possession.

Today is my first MJ purchase ever.  I just bit the bullet and bought three lovemarc lip gels that I've had in my cart for weeks Smiley Very Happy   In Roleplay, Understudy, and Surrender Dorothy.

(ebates has 10% cashback and LIPKIT gets you 20 dollars off all three)

I'm so excited! The texture looks so lush and MJ packaging is so beauteous O_O

Oooh, congrats! I'm sure you will love them. His lipsticks are so creamy and wear well. I would love to see swatches and lip photos when you wear them! Smiley Happy

Hands down this has been my favorite purchase of the season. I used it maybe 3/4 times and the green shade is gorgeous. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

You are very pretty and the pallette is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing these images.

I am a sucker for Marc Jacobs coconut face primer. I have not tried his other products but this makes me excited.

11 Replies