Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

I know of a few lovely BTers who own this palette and have already begun using it.... I hope they will see this and post some looks for me! Smiley Happy

I bought this the last day it was available (from what I've seen).  I only got around to using it once so far!  I think I'm just in makeup overload with all the sales and deals the internet has offered in the past few weeks.  I have SO MANY new palettes to try out.  

Your wish is my command. I am no expert with eye shadow but I did my eyes in 5 minutes - the shadows and brushes did all the work.. First column - highlight, lid, transition, outer v/crease. The look card included basically follows that pattern - every column is meant to be a look though they say darkest is liner - shrug. Lips are scandal - which is patchy but gorgeous so I forgive it. Liner is the purple from last year's setimage.jpg

Oh, thanks for pointing out that look card, kethry! I didn't even give it two seconds when I was opening up my palette to peek at it. That is probably where I should have started.... Haha

This is a beautiful look! I definitely will need to start playing around with mine.

image.jpg

image.jpegimage.jpegHope it's okay that I'm reposting a look. I followed the instructions for the first look (Libertine I think?) that was listed in the Holiday palette. I think that the looks are a good way to start off if you are feeling overwhelmed! It was super easy to do and I love the outcome.

This is beautiful, MK! Please feel free to repost looks here... I like this combo a lot.

Thanks! Can't wait to see you try the palette, I think you'll come up with a lot of soft and beautiful looks Smiley Happy

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Smiley Very Happy

Love the eye look, but LOVE the lipstick even more! What shade is it?

That would be Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Jay! Gorgeous shade. A little sheer but builds up nicely Smiley Wink

Gorgeous!  I've been checking the TF thread periodically because I definitely want to buy at least one to try out before I commit to more.  The hard part is narrowing it down, maybe Jay will have to be it!!!  Thank you! 

Yeah, I pretty much keep wanting more thanks to that thread!

If you can get your hands on it, Drake is another good one. Joaquin seems to be an all-around favorite too Smiley Wink

That's how I entered TF too. I thought this would be just another Chanel or something, but after stalking the thread, I ended up getting almost everything that I want to get...in a month. 

Wow!  This is a great look for you, MK89, including the awesome lipstick!

Thanks so much Titian! I seem to gravitate towards certain color themes Smiley Happy

I plan on using my 25$ off on a palette, but I just can not decide on which one!! I already have the starlet and really love it, but I'm torn on either choosing the lolita, the dreamer, or the night owl! Also, I'm even debating on just getting one of the 3 pan ones in the glam, so anyone's thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy 

I'm really partial to the shades in 'The Dreamer' palette myself. I will probably pick that one up sometime.... Maybe not until 2017 though. Smiley Wink

I would suggest picking a palette that contains several colors you know that you would wear often as well as other interesting colors that you might not already have dupes of.

I agree! I think I'm leaning more towards the dreamer, since I'm more of a neutrals kind of gal and am wanting something a little different; and I probably have some similar shades to the Lolita in my collection already! Thanks all, for the advice! Smiley Happy 

I have the Lolita and The Dreamer and I love them both. The Dreamer is my go to everyday palette. MJ shadows are my favorite. 

10 Replies