cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

~ Updated Feb 5th 2019 ~

Since MAC has so many releases coming I thought we could share this info here and our love for the brand 🙂

Sephora Canada brand page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/mac-cosmetics

AVAILABLE NOW

Lucky Red Lunar New Year

MAC in Monochrome

Hyper Real Glow palettes - online at MAC

Hyper Real Prep Sets - online at MAC

AVAILABLE  NOW AT SEPHORA CANADA

MAC in Monochrome

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-ruby-woo-P441038

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-see-sheer-P441039

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-velvet-teddy-P441040

MAC Lunar New Year - Lucky Red

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-lipstick-P440901

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-powder-blush-duo-P440902

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-129-synthetic-blush-brush-P440903

COMING SOON

Art Library palettes  - Available Feb 14th Nordstrom - Feb 25th MAC select locations

Dazzle Drops - coming soon

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Pro Longwear Long-Last Lips Collection

Strobe Glaze

MAC x Tanya Taylor NYC

Up For Everything Lash mascara

Potential MAC x Lisa Frank collection????

Art Library palettes 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.35.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.56 PM.png

Hyper Real Glow palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.38.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.37.33 AM.png

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.22.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.45.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.15.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.24.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Dazzle Drops

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Hyper Real Prep Sets

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.52.40 PM.png

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Sneak peek - Extra Dimension eye shadows - coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler
MAC x Lisa Frank?????
7C4151E6-B0E8-4169-9183-51D0CD25FE3A.jpeg

Tags:

Re: MAC Love and Releases Thread!

Only grabbed Oh, Darling! I think Shaft of Gold would be too much for me, but Darling looks like it could double as a pretty eyeshadow and may actually look like more of a gold blush on me. 

Decided to pass on some of the other items (like lipsticks) because I typically don't use my MAC lipsticks as much as my others. But Darling just looked too pretty. And I figure if I'm that unimpressed, I can find a new home for it.

I agree with you that it would be a really pretty eyeshadow!

I found out the MAC counter at The Bay near my work has the collection in and will be releasing on Thursday, so I had Oh, Darling and Evening Rendezvous put on hold for me. I was awake for the online release on the .ca website but decided not to order since I want to use some of my Bay points for my purchase.

I'm wondering if I should also have Shaft of Gold put on hold too? It seems too dark for my skintone to use as a highlighter, and much too shimmery to be a bronzer (plus I don't need another bronzer since I don't use them in the fall/winter), so should this be used as a shimmery natural flush of colour for the cheeks? What are your thoughts? I'm about a NC25-30 (self-identified based on comparisons). Nevermind. Called to put it on hold as well.

I enjoyed reading some of the comments in the trendmood IG thread... reminds me of the epic rewards fiasco. <start rant> Another case of damned if you do, damned if you don't--if MAC releases the exact date/time of release, everyone will rush in and crash the site and there'll be complaints that the site crashed and "I couldn't get anything because the site was stupid". No exact time of release--everyone who wasn't able to get anything gets ticked off because "they decided to nap and missed it" or "they had to go to work and MAC decides to release it at the same time". Seriously, if they could have enough stock for everyone, then it wouldn't be LE. </end rant> (I'm sure all of us on BT are civilized--this isn't directed at anyone here at all, just some of the amusing comments on IG)

Lol I was wondering if Shaft of Gold would be too dark for my skin too but I do have an olive-complexion so perhaps it would look good. The two skinfinishes seem pretty awesome and got awesome reviews on Temptalia as well!

I probably would have never even considered Shaft of Gold but Christine from Temptalia has very similar skin colour to me (based on our mutual foundation matches) but maybe a slightly different undertone (I'm more yellow than she is). It looked very nice on her as a blush... so I thought why wouldn't it look good on me?!

I'm thinking of trying both as eyeshadows as well. I'm lacking a good, metallic gold eyeshadow in my collection.

Oh an eyeshadow would be pretty. And yes that would definitely look gorgeous on your skin because it looked so pretty on Temptalia. Lol she pretty much sold both to me. They looked so nice on her, I was in awe so I just bought both lol. And so happy I got it from The Bay because MAC was OOS so guess I we lucked out =D 

My skin is olive (light brown) LOL olive/brown/tan...something like that. I guess NC42-ish. So I think Shaft of Gold will work- that name though :S hehe couldn't help but mention it...

Hahaha when I called the SA at MAC today to put "the other highlighter on hold as well", she said "Ok, so you had Oh Darling...and you want Shaft....of..."

We both giggled. 

I didn't get too stressed out about the release on the MAC website as soon as I called the counter and they had everything in and available for holds. I saw the release on the MAC website but didn't buy. Figured I'd leave it for the ladies that need to buy online!

I ordered Shaft of Gold from Nordstrom. My bday is this week and was going to wait to get it in store to do some damage but I couldn't wait. I Think Shaft of Gold will look awesome with my skintone.

I wasn't sure if that would be too dark for me but I don't think so, so I ordered both Skinfinishes =D excited!!!!

Now that Oh Darling is sold out online I want it. I'll try to pick that one up in store on thursday. Hopefully 1 of the 3 locations in the mall I go to has it.

I hope you get it too. They both look so purtyyyy =O

If anyone possibly got an extra of Oh Darling, I will give you my first born lol. 

But seriously, I missed it at both Macy's and Nordstrom cancelled my Oh Darling:(

Nordstrom will do a charge/send if you call the store-it's free shipping!

You might be able to call your local Nordstrom and place a pre-order for when they get them in store on Thursday.

My nearest Nordstrom is 2.5 hours away:(

I'm pretty sure they will ship it to you.

Oh! I didn't know they would/could do that!

Nordstrom is awesome like that 😉 I called my closest store and they were only taking pre-orders for the sets, but I called another one and they let me order just oh darling.

Oh you are so lucky! I called all the stores near me and none are accepting pre-orders for oh darling, just the sets. stores open at 10am and i am usually at work by 9 so i am wondering if i should take a chance and go during my lunch break at 1pm hoping they arent sold or just come into work very late 😞

The things I do for makeup! 😛

If you're in Canada checkout TheBay!

Stephani, if my Nordstrom order doesn't get cancelled, I should have an extra.  You can keep your first born.  🙂

5,600 Replies
testing