cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

~ Updated Feb 5th 2019 ~

Since MAC has so many releases coming I thought we could share this info here and our love for the brand 🙂

Sephora Canada brand page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/mac-cosmetics

AVAILABLE NOW

Lucky Red Lunar New Year

MAC in Monochrome

Hyper Real Glow palettes - online at MAC

Hyper Real Prep Sets - online at MAC

AVAILABLE  NOW AT SEPHORA CANADA

MAC in Monochrome

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-ruby-woo-P441038

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-see-sheer-P441039

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-velvet-teddy-P441040

MAC Lunar New Year - Lucky Red

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-lipstick-P440901

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-powder-blush-duo-P440902

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-129-synthetic-blush-brush-P440903

COMING SOON

Art Library palettes  - Available Feb 14th Nordstrom - Feb 25th MAC select locations

Dazzle Drops - coming soon

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Pro Longwear Long-Last Lips Collection

Strobe Glaze

MAC x Tanya Taylor NYC

Up For Everything Lash mascara

Potential MAC x Lisa Frank collection????

Art Library palettes 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.35.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.56 PM.png

Hyper Real Glow palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.38.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.37.33 AM.png

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.22.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.45.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.15.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.24.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Dazzle Drops

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Hyper Real Prep Sets

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.52.40 PM.png

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Sneak peek - Extra Dimension eye shadows - coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler
MAC x Lisa Frank?????
7C4151E6-B0E8-4169-9183-51D0CD25FE3A.jpeg

Tags:

Re: MAC Love and Releases Thread!

I do make my own "cough syrup" out of honey and vinegar. Helps. Just this morning really congested lol... now I kinda want to eat a spoon full of honey lol

Ha! I was thinking the same thing after reading pixiedust2's post.

Just mix honey with a lot of vodka and drink enough until you pass out 😄 

Here are my swatches. I tried On and On and it was hard to get a picture with the full shift effect (as always) plus I got tired of trying them on. I looove Spoiled Fabulous on top of a black lip stain. It looks like a deep golden olive, it looks great with my copper hair and olive skin.

As for the swatches, I have three lipsticks I got about two weeks ago at Nordstroms. On and On, Model Behavior, and Spoiled Fabulous. So far Model Behaviour is my least favorite and I've tried all sorts of combinations, so I might possibly return that. I love On and On and Spoiled Fabulous because they're those kinds of sheer shimmery lipsticks that you could basically put on ANYTHING and still get a unique effect.

L-R On and On, On and On on black, Model Behaviour, on black, Spoiled Fabulous, on black.

Then my lips with On and On, both by itself on bare lips (with the help of Cyber World lip liner to clean the edges), then on top of a black lip stain.

swa.jpg

@veronika23 Mine what chunky at first, but the more I used it, the more it melted down into a sheer frosty/creamy lipstick. Maybe using it a couple more times might break the outer dry shell??? There is still a possibility that there could be something wrong but try it out a couple more times? That's how Spoiled Fabulous definitely was for me, all gritty and glittery and the more I tried it on, it's starting to smooth out a little bit.

Thanks @volta 🙂

I also called MAC and was told the new frost formula was more gritty than the old ones... grrr... and that mine was probably the same thing they had in store. Ugh. Why did they change it... should have just named this new formula something else.  I prefer the old one.

@veronika23 Yeah, I prefer the old formula too. The old Mac frost lipsticks were one of the only lipsticks I liked that gave a true frost and was more of a matte finish which I like. I'm not a super creamy fan (ie the new UD metallized lipsticks). The only reason I would keep the lipsticks is because I like the multidimensional effect they give. Whereas Model Behaviour doesn't do anything for me, so it's going to go back.

Wow this is making me rethink on and on. I had written it off, but you've made it look awesome!! Maybe a batch difference between this one and Veronika's????

Thanks @volta. Your On and On doesn't look like mine lol  I wonder if it's our pictures/lighting or mine could be defective? Mine is glittery and gritty.... yet your swatch and another I've seen look way more like a frost lipstick to me... nice and smooth.

Thanks for the swatches Volta! Waiting for my On & On to arrive and your swatches have me even more excited. 

@Libellules @Gwenhwyfar

MAC On and On.

Ok so this is classified as a frost.  I'd called it more a dazzle because there's so much glitter.  It really is a glitter bomb and it does feel gritty. The dazzle I do have doesn't feel gritty though. It's very sheer and looks like a lipstick version of MAC's blue-brown pigment.

Was difficult to capture the full effect on my phone cam and somewhat bad lighting (overcast day)

Side: MAC blue-brown pigment

T-B: 1 swipe On and On, 3 swipes On and On, On and

On + MAC Halsey, On and On + Bite Squid Ink.

MAC On and On 1.jpg

MAC On and On 2.jpg

On and On + Smashbox punked

MAC On and On 3.jpg

Although you can't really tell from the pics it's very pretty with a grey lipstick and squid ink.

Great swatches @veronika23! Hoping On and On will read darker on my pigmented lips. Either way I'm sure I can find a way for it to work. Looks awesome over grey, excited to try that combo. 

@pixiedust2 It's really pretty over the smashbox! 🙂  I wonder how it would look over the grey smashbox liquid lipstick.... guess I'll be buying that one at some point hahaha.

@veronika23 I highly recommend the new Maybelline Gone Greige! It's great, grey with just a slight brown tinge, but still reads neutral enough for my fair skin to pull off. 

Ive been putting lots of glosses and other lipsticks on top and making so many colors. The formula is nice, very creamy matte that stays but doesn't dry out lips. For a drugstore lipstick, I think it's fabulous. And cheap!!

@pixiedust2 awesome! I've been looking for it but no luck yet... I wanted to checkout a few from the line but unsure when they'll show up in Canada...

@veronika23 If I see it I'll grab it for you and send it with your box of goodies. That Milk better show up today 🙂

Thanks @pixiedust2 but don't go out of your way 🙂 will probably show up at some point. Heart

Thank you, @veronika23! It's not as exciting as I had hoped, but I'm still interested. Will definitely need to check out in person.

@Gwenhwyfar it really is pretty on squid ink and the grey IRL... Just so hard to grab that effect in pictures because I'm not set up to do it.  What are you looking for?

@veronika23 That Lipstick Queen effect, haha. But I could probably just apply over a sheer like LQ Medieval or Clinique Black Honey to get the same effect.

@Gwenhwyfar gotcha! Wish I had those lipsticks to show you... hmm unless I have black honey in a sample somewhere... I'll get back to you on that... and see if I can get better pics.

5,601 Replies
testing