cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

~ Updated Feb 5th 2019 ~

Since MAC has so many releases coming I thought we could share this info here and our love for the brand 🙂

Sephora Canada brand page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/mac-cosmetics

AVAILABLE NOW

Lucky Red Lunar New Year

MAC in Monochrome

Hyper Real Glow palettes - online at MAC

Hyper Real Prep Sets - online at MAC

AVAILABLE  NOW AT SEPHORA CANADA

MAC in Monochrome

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-ruby-woo-P441038

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-see-sheer-P441039

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-velvet-teddy-P441040

MAC Lunar New Year - Lucky Red

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-lipstick-P440901

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-powder-blush-duo-P440902

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-129-synthetic-blush-brush-P440903

COMING SOON

Art Library palettes  - Available Feb 14th Nordstrom - Feb 25th MAC select locations

Dazzle Drops - coming soon

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Pro Longwear Long-Last Lips Collection

Strobe Glaze

MAC x Tanya Taylor NYC

Up For Everything Lash mascara

Potential MAC x Lisa Frank collection????

Art Library palettes 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.35.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.56 PM.png

Hyper Real Glow palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.38.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.37.33 AM.png

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.22.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.45.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.15.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.24.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Dazzle Drops

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Hyper Real Prep Sets

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.52.40 PM.png

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Sneak peek - Extra Dimension eye shadows - coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler
MAC x Lisa Frank?????
7C4151E6-B0E8-4169-9183-51D0CD25FE3A.jpeg

Tags:

Re: MAC Love and Releases Thread!

Hopefully these show up on The Bay earlier 😄

MAC x Min Liu

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 6.49.22 AM.png

OMG!!! Rumors were true MAC is going to be at Ulta!

So maybe it was true what I read... that Sephora passed.... like what the heck Sephora??

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 4.48.58 PM.png

/cheer! How awesome! So excited!

This is so dangerous for me. 

Spoiler

@ZombieMetroAnt  you wanna post the article here too? In case some ppl don't see it in the other thread 😉

Good thinking!!

Spoiler
From WWD:

MAC.JPG

MAC Cosmetics is betting that it has found at least a partial solution to the sales slowdown it is suffering as traffic thins out in America’s malls and department stores.

The answer — as it has been for so many other brands — is Ulta Beauty, one of the hottest retailers in the U.S. and one that MAC is planning to enter at last, first via the beauty specialty store’s e-commerce platform ulta.com in May and then via about 25 stores in June.

By the end of the year, MAC is expected to be in more than 100 Ulta stores, according to Karen Buglisi Weiler, MAC global brand president. “By mid-June we should have the first one opened,” she said.

While MAC is initially going into only a fraction of Ulta stores, the move represents a dramatic departure for the makeup artist brand, which has confined its U.S. distribution mostly to department stores and its international chain of MAC stores, 200 of which are in North America. For example, the brand is not sold in Sephora in the U.S., according to executives.

A key factor is Ulta’s real estate strategy. Typically measuring 10,000 square feet, the 975 Ulta stores — as of the end of its fiscal year — are generally located in lifestyle centers — or strip malls — and other off-mall locations. The resultant traffic pattern has been viewed as different from the malls, thus drawing fresh consumer interest. David Kimbell, chief merchandising and marketing officer at Ulta, noted, “Ninety percent of our stores are outside of malls and our guest really likes that; she finds it easy and convenient.”

“We continue to have positive traffic — different from a mall — not like a mall,” agreed Tara Simon, senior vice president of prestige merchandising at Ulta.

“This is a great opportunity to bring MAC on stream to a whole new audience,” said Buglisi Weiler. “In my mind, there’s maybe a customer who shops at Ulta, but has never walked into a MAC store. Maybe she’s never walked into a Nordstrom to purchase MAC or maybe she’s never walked into a Macy’s.”

Kimbell agreed, “MAC has consistently been one of the most requested brands by our guests, so we know when we bring it in as the number-one prestige makeup brand — a uniquely positioned strong brand proposition — our guests are going to respond very favorably to it. It’ll help us reach and better serve customer groups and audiences that are important to us, Millennials and ethnically diverse consumers.”

Simon observed, “We know there are people who are curious about MAC and might have wanted to try it, but haven’t done so yet. We think we are going to get new customers from MAC and new customers through the door. That just drives traffic for all the brands. We think it is a win-win.”

Simon concluded, “We are going to introduce new customers to MAC and MAC is going to bring new customers to us.”

Buglisi Weiler maintains that MAC is shifting in its philosophy from being “a destination brand” with only “one third of the distribution that most of the makeup brands in specialty have. We realize that with the changing behavior you really have be where they want to shop.”

On average, MAC will occupy 200 square feet per store and the product assortment will be limited to 600 stockkeeping units, Buglisi Weiler said. While that number is on a par with Ulta’s big makeup brands — Lancôme, Urban Decay and Clinique — it is a smaller total than the roughly 1,200 sku’s MAC has in departments stores and the 1,500 sku’s in its own brand boutiques. Simon said the Ulta curation represents about 45 percent of MAC’s product universe and the individual items were picked in close collaboration between brand and store, playing to MAC’s heritage and Ulta’s penchant for crisp editing.

“We worked very closely with Karen and her team to make sure we had the must-haves, the hero products and the pillar categories,” Simon added. “We are deep into foundation, primer and lipstick.”

At the heart of MAC’s assortment in Ulta will be the brand’s landmark Studio Fix Fluid and Powder foundation along with Studio Waterweight, Prolongwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation and Next to Nothing, which will be launched in April. The Studio Fix array of 53 shades has been edited for Ulta. The other pillar is lip color, led by the $17 lipstick, which is usually marketed in up to 140 shades, followed by the $16 Lipglass and $21 Liptensity, a new, high-pigment coloring that was launched in September. Retromatte, a liquid product, rounds out the lip assortment.

But the Ulta move isn’t the only more-populist shift MAC is making these days as it aims to get back on the growth track. The brand also is working on its price points, perhaps with an eye toward maintaining its number-one sales ranking in the U.S. prestige makeup market. The brand has been experimenting with a Little MAC assortment, consisting of trial or travel-sized product. The abbreviated lipstick is priced $10, instead of $17 for the full-size version. The same price applies to pigments and lipgloss. Little MAC mascara and skin care are priced at $12.

MAC will be entering Ulta with 12 of these sku’s, three skin-care items and nine lipsticks.

When asked if Little MAC was conceived as an answer to the competitive onslaught of often lower-price startup brands, like the L’Oréal-owned NYX, in the booming U.S. makeup market, Buglisi Weiler replied, “a different option. We thought about how do you create something that creates more trial for the brand?” Buglisi Weiler noted that Little MAC got its first tryout in the young consumer department of Nordstrom, and “it really did recruit a new customer.” As she turned to her objectives in Ulta, Buglisi Weiler said, “We would like to be the most-preferred brand.”

That goal apparently translates into an in-store, number-one sales ranking. While Buglisi Weiler declined to provide numbers, industry sources estimate MAC would have to generate an average of $50,000 in sales per Ulta door to achieve that rank. That would amount to more than $5 million for more than 100 doors. Both Buglisi Weiler and MAC had no comment.

Such questions generate more than a passing interest on Wall Street. According to a research note written in February by Stifel analyst Mark Astrachan, softness at MAC in the U.S. was a factor when the Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. reduced its overall financial guidance in February, he wrote. “While sales of MAC increased internationally…and increased double digits in most markets, the U.S. (approximately one-third of total brand sales) remains weak due to lower traffic in midtier department stores and fewer tourists in freestanding stores.”

Astrachan added that weakness in those areas, plus increased competition from “sub-premium brands including NYX” was likely to lead to Lauder selling the brand in Ulta Beauty or Sephora stores.

Kimbell pointed out that the deal will give access to the more than 23 million shoppers in Ulta’s loyalty program to “a brand that many of them are going to be excited about. It’ll allow us to attract new guests and members into our business that will benefit both us and MAC going forward.” 

Wow... didn't see that one coming! Lol Really exciting! GWP's & MAC? Uh, yeah!

O...M...G...this is it, its over, ulta is getting all my money from now on since it started carrying NARS and Mac. I'm just going to be eternally broke lol

omg!!!! This is super exciting news. April 23rd is just around the corner 😄 I can't wait to rack up Ulta points while picking up my MAC favorites. I wonder how large of a selection Ulta will carry..... 

Oh. My. Word!!!!!!!! I will stick to Ulta's rewards program over mac's just for the points and sales. I am so excited!! 

Lipglass swatches

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 1.42.03 PM.png

MAC Future Forward

Dualipa has a clear cremesheen glass loaded with glitter, arriving May 25th!

Justine Skye has a stunning iridescent powder, arriving April 13th
Leehi Hi has a lipstick, arriving June 29th

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 1.16.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 1.16.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 1.16.25 PM.png

Super excited for Lee Hi's lipstick!

Something new is coming...

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.33.58 AM.png

The new glosses!!! 4 in the 1st pic will be mine 😄

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.29.14 AM.png

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.29.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.28.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.29.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.29.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-09 at 11.29.23 AM.png

@veronika23 Do you know if this is all of them? I don't see Spite and now I'm freaking out that it's been DC'd and I missed it 😞

@pixiedust2  here's Temptalia's list. It's on there!

Spoiler
  • Gal Friday (Limited Edition)
  • Goldfinch (New, Permanent)
  • Norwegian Sky (Limited Edition)
  • Yellow Jacket (Limited Edition)
  • Dirty Dark Martini (Limited Edition)
  • Blissful (Limited Edition)
  • Rambunctious (Limited Edition)
  • Chestnut
  • Misbehaving (Limited Edition)
  • Night & Daze (Limited Edition)
  • Roulette (Limited Edition)
  • Heroine  (Limited Edition)
  • New Galaxy (Limited Edition)
  • Candy Yum Yum  (Limited Edition)
  • Lust  (Limited Edition)
  • Saucy Little Thing
  • Baby’s A Vamp
  • Bittersweet Me (New, Permanent)
  • Ravishing  (Limited Edition)
  • Lustrewhite  (Limited Edition)
  • Steel Kiss (Limited Edition)
  • Love Nectar  (Limited Edition)
  • Pinkarat (Limited Edition)
  • Soar (Limited Edition)
  • Chai (Limited Edition)
  • Oh Baby
  • Snob
  • Nymphette
  • C-Thru
  • Oyster Girl
  • Cultured
  • Pink Lemonade
  • Please Me
  • Pink Nouveau
  • Love Child
  • Prrr
  • Spice
  • Lychee Luxe
  • Russian Red
  • Girl About Town
  • Spite
  • Angel
  • Dreamy
  • Myth
  • Explicit
  • Impassioned
  • Morange
  • Candy Box (New, Permanent)
  • Desire
  • Saint Germain
  • Dive Bar (New, Permanent)
  • Purple Mocha (New, Permanent)
  • Beaux (New, Permanent)
  • Obviously Bare (New, Permanent)
  • Ruby Woo
  • Rebel

@veronika23, Same lol! 😍The top one reminds me of spring bean, do you remember that one?

@angel7594  oh yes I do!!! I still have it! 😄  I wonder if they'll fit in my MAC tower... unsure if the size is the same.

@angel7594 @veronika23

Spring Bean!!!!  I still have mine, too! I hope it's a dupe!!! My Spring Bean is so old and goopy lol. I can't part with it, lol

5,601 Replies
testing