cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

~ Updated Feb 5th 2019 ~

Since MAC has so many releases coming I thought we could share this info here and our love for the brand ๐Ÿ™‚

Sephora Canada brand page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/mac-cosmetics

AVAILABLE NOW

Lucky Red Lunar New Year

MAC in Monochrome

Hyper Real Glow palettes - online at MAC

Hyper Real Prep Sets - online at MAC

AVAILABLE  NOW AT SEPHORA CANADA

MAC in Monochrome

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-ruby-woo-P441038

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-see-sheer-P441039

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-velvet-teddy-P441040

MAC Lunar New Year - Lucky Red

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-lipstick-P440901

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-powder-blush-duo-P440902

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-129-synthetic-blush-brush-P440903

COMING SOON

Art Library palettes  - Available Feb 14th Nordstrom - Feb 25th MAC select locations

Dazzle Drops - coming soon

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Pro Longwear Long-Last Lips Collection

Strobe Glaze

MAC x Tanya Taylor NYC

Up For Everything Lash mascara

Potential MAC x Lisa Frank collection????

Art Library palettes 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.35.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.56 PM.png

Hyper Real Glow palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.38.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.37.33 AM.png

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.22.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.45.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.15.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.24.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Dazzle Drops

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Hyper Real Prep Sets

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.52.40 PM.png

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Sneak peek - Extra Dimension eye shadows - coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler
MAC x Lisa Frank?????
7C4151E6-B0E8-4169-9183-51D0CD25FE3A.jpeg

Tags:

Re: MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

Yes I hear you @veronika23. Iโ€™m a bit conflicted as well. Love the look but reapplying kind of a pain. Shocking Revelation and Burning Love are my 2. There are some times when it is just so nice and easy to have this look and itโ€™s fresh too. Swatches Iโ€™ve seen online must have been gone over many times because they seem lighter to me.  Do you feel it sits on lip kind of or just me? Not sure how to correct. I also tested the new Nars powermatte lip lusters and boy those do not sit on lip. Lol. Sink way in. lol. Lucky you to wear that ND look! How cool! 

@Sunnysmom  you know reapplying has never been that big of an issue for me. I guess in my head lipstick is just meant to be reapplied. lol Oh nice! Everyone swatches differently and the lighting is different too. It's ok to get an idea of something but it's not 100% accurate you know. I'm gonna have to get back to you on that... I can't recall ๐Ÿ˜„ Did you like the new NARS?  Oh yeah those have always been my favorite looks. Bold eye, nude lips! LOVE! ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23 Yes u absolutely are right on the swatching. All different. Great way to getting initial idea on new stuff. 

I bought a Nars powermatte when first came out and I donโ€™t tend to wear it very often as they still seem to dry my lips and accentuate lines. I did try Pierce and Combat yesterday with a balm underneath and it helped but still not my favorite formula. The colors are very good though. Love the flat metallic element to them and wish I could pull off.  I love their new holiday collection so far! Ordered the blush and also have Siouxsie as swatched other day. Love. I love bold eye nude lip! Jealous you can do it! I look like death but I keep trying to find the perfect pale pink to work against it! The most important work goes on!! Lol. I truly do experiment with other shades and I keep trying. My lips are so pale. Some pinks work if not too chalky, no nudes as of yet not too warm based shades. I can do some of CT more neutral ones however ( Bond Girl,  UD Manic! Prob not neutral to some!)  so thatโ€™s a thrill for me when I get a different look going! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Any fun suggestions always welcome!! Iโ€™d love! 

@Sunnysmom   oh good to know! My lips are dry so that's why I gravitate more towards traditional lipsticks vs the liquid ones. I love the design of the holiday lipsticks!!! Aw man! Sometimes it's difficult to find shades that work for you. Lucky you have pale lips. Mine are pigmented and always try to wash them out. ๐Ÿ˜„  Have you ever tried MAC Pretty Please? It's a pale semi sheer nude pink. I love that shade! MAC Myth is another fav of mine but that one is a light nude beige-ish color.

Well grr @veronika23 my reply got eaten up it appears! Lol. Mine are dry as well so I donโ€™t usually do many liquid mattes and the very few I do like arenโ€™t traditional mattes I donโ€™t think. Isnโ€™t it funny we all want what we donโ€™t have?! I would love pigmented lips lucky you!! Ahh well. Thanks much for color suggestions I will def look them up! Pretty Please sounds very good! I will report back to you! You will maybe be the one to find me something! Lol. Cool neutral pinky ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Hahaha so true! We do want what we don't have. I used to be that way with my hair and hated that it wasn't straight. Eventually I decided I liked that I could wear it both ways. I hope that pretty please will work for you! Myth probably falls too much in the "concealer" category. ๐Ÿ˜„ @Sunnysmom

@veronika23 Ha thatโ€™s too funny and also , shocker I have straight hair!! ๐Ÿคฃ

I canโ€™t wait to see that pink. Gonna look it up now! And other one too even if concealer like. Lol. Think I do know which it is from all those who love it! 

Let me know if you ever get to try it on @Sunnysmom! ๐Ÿ™‚

You know I will @veronika23! โ˜บ๏ธ

@veronika23 I know you preordered some goodies.  I got the mini nude glosses, the mini nudes lipsticks, and Oh Darling. Can't wait for them to arrive soon.

Oh nice @SportyGirly125!!!  I didn't pre-order much. Just 2 lipsticks - at leisure and a wink of pink and snowflushed highlighter.

@veronika23 I was able to see this collection yesterday in a fun set up at Nordstrom and it is so pretty! Shimmer and sparkle is insane in highlighter and shadows and the lips are so fun! Canโ€™t wait to see what you guys got! 

Cool! Did you get to swatch anything? Pre-order anything? @Sunnysmom

@veronika23 Yes I did! Why didnโ€™t I take a pic! Lol. Totally can. I only ordered the mini 4 pink lip set and Straight Fire lip tho I really loved the Smoke shadow set and other lips, single shadows too. Some really good cool shades in the set. Iโ€™m trying to resist and not buy so much because I I have too much now! Will see how my resolve goes! Seems to get tougher and tougher as all the new holiday shows up! 

That's ok @Sunnysmom! ๐Ÿ™‚  Cool! That's a cute set! And of course you needed your red. ๐Ÿ˜‰  Thanks for your thoughts! I know I'm in the same boat and trying to limit my purchases... although I think it just shifted... I've been buying more nail polishes and bought more expensive skin care. Oops! ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23 True, scary predictable no?! Lol 

I want to branch out and try other colors but when it comes down to what truly looks best itโ€™s always the reds. Guess Iโ€™m just true to who I am. Love other colors on all you guys! Tho I still keep buying more. Ugg. 

Agree on skincare. Me too. Gotta start there so rest looks good. I try to use lesser $ and know some very good options but sometimes you do get what you pay for!

(side note on that- have you heard of Augustinus Bader? Dying to try it! Maybe itโ€™s on a skincare thread ) 

@Sunnysmom  Hahaha that's ok! I'm like that too with some colors. But what if you found other colors that look good on you? It took me a long time to branch out from the nudes but I eventually did and found some great colors! Yeah sometimes price doesn't always mean quality but sometimes you have to pay for quality you know... Like I've been trying out one of La Mer's eye cream... yeah nothing special... I think you pay for the name in this case.

Never heard of Augustinus Bader. Might have to look that up now. ๐Ÿ˜„

I keep trying @veronika23! Fun challenge. 

I love to reapply too Iโ€™m not gonna lie and do it constantly. Just felt like the new Mac needed it so quickly. You? 

Skincare is frustrating for me. I like LaMer Cool Gel and bought it during Sephora event otherwise a challenge to keep up with the price in replacing it! Line is so much. Donโ€™t love eye cream either I agree. Iโ€™ve been loving Biossance eye and serums. Good stuff and good $! 

@Sunnysmom  hmmm I'll have to notice that when I wear it again. Skin care is a process... very personal. Can't rush trying new products and takes a while to find the ones that do work for you. I love skin care a lot too, especially masks but have to calm down and use what I have. ๐Ÿ˜„  Pretty sure I have a sample of that Biossance. Another one on my list to try.

Yes you are so right @veronika23. You do have to give it time to see what works for your skin. I donโ€™t experiment much at all. I decided I needed to this year as my skin changes ( the dreaded getting older bit!) and I feel dryness more as well. Priorities change! Iโ€™m probably in the minority maybe because Iโ€™m older but I still like simple routines but workhorses that give the most results without too too much hard work!! Seems it all goes it cycles. Used to be multi step products then simplified ones and now back around it goes to a million steps! Looks amazing on so many girls but... tricky and probably just not for me! ๐Ÿคฃ

@SunnysmomI like simpler routines too but I do end up with more products at night time.  It's just the way it is now... serum for this... serum for that... you know. ๐Ÿ˜„ But again it's very personal... some might like all those products while other don't. Whatever works for you right! If you have a problem with dryness you might want to try Consonant HydrExtreme. It's sold on Sephora but only in Canada. In the US you can get it for much cheaper at Costco. It's a very lightweight serum (almost like water) that really hydrates your skin. Gets rid of dry patches too. Sometimes I have eczema patches that show up on my body and use this and it helps so much. I swear by it and it's a must have for me. You can apply directly to your face or add a drop or two in your moisturizer before applying. Best part, it only has 2 ingredients! I sound like a broken record because I've mentioned it so much but I really do love it.

2 Replies
testing