Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Re: Let's talk about Surratt!

Surratt Concealer palette. Odd that they didn't launch the accompanying brush with these:

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/perfectionniste-concealer-palette-P439024

I saw these when I was in the US last month and they're a combo cream and powder palette. The cream portions were very thick and pan makeup like, reminded me of old Max Factor makeup.

RE: Let's talk about Surratt!

New concealer palettes coming soon to Barney’s - appears to be a cream and powder palette

Some sort of new product coming. It’s a video on his IG stories and it looks like it might be a contouring palette

Re: RE: Let's talk about Surratt!

I missed the IG story.  Did they put the ? on the image?  He's had brushes featured on his IG that have never come to retail so I'm wondering if this is more of the same.

@dolceoktober yeah, they put it there. it was a GIF of a spinning ? right over top that covered the majority of whatever is underneath there.

Looks like a concealer or contour palette to me, but it was definitely shaped differently than the existing palette products.

Thank you!  More than likely an upcoming release then.  Now, about those brushes...<sigh>

Some more new brushes and what looks like concealer coming

Sharing some photos of my experiences with the lid lacquers. As I mentioned below I don’t think they’re great for hooded lids but probably the one Moxie has (kirakira) would be the most forgiving since it’s clear and won’t show creasing as much

Shu Iro initial application; left applied with finger (more sheer) right applied with silicone applicator (more opaque)

creasing and transfer on the applicator side, around 90 minutescreasing and transfer on the applicator side, around 90 minutes

finger application of pika pika, creased almost immediatelyfinger application of pika pika, creased almost immediately

how pika pika continued to crease over timehow pika pika continued to crease over time

another initial application of pika pika, with applicatoranother initial application of pika pika, with applicator

transfer and creasing after less than an hour

End of day

the only way I've found to successfully wear the colours; Satou Ume is applied in a thin, glossy strip near the lash line so that it is too low to transfer to the creasethe only way I've found to successfully wear the colours; Satou Ume is applied in a thin, glossy strip near the lash line so that it is too low to transfer to the crease

as mentioned above, same lash line technique used on Shu Iroas mentioned above, same lash line technique used on Shu Iro

Let's talk about Surratt!

Played with Kira Kira eye gloss the effect is pretty and subtle.

I picked up 3 of the lid lacquers. Still testing them out, but the colours are lovely.

IMG_0033.JPGSatou Ume, Shu Iro, Pika PikaSatou Ume, Shu Iro, Pika Pika

@Mochapj so how do you like them? Do they feel super heavy and how fast do they crease?

@moxiepancakes sorry, I shared my thoughts already; I thought it was here but it turns out it was in one of the Canada threads.

Texture-wise they aren't thick or sticky. However, in terms of creasing... I did not have the best luck with any of these. But I think glossy lids are sort of a 'look' to begin with, so you kind of have to be ok with it not looking perfect, IMO.

With respect to these 3 in particular, if I wear them sheered out over primer, I get about an hour's wear before they start migrating. The Pika Pika shade is particularly pretty sheered out, because it makes the multicoloured glitters more apparent.

If I try to wear them opaquely (which seems to be the purpose of the silicone brushes they will be selling, as you cannot make them opaque using a fingertip) I get 5 or so minutes before they start moving around and within about half an hour all colour will have moved into my crease, leaving a bare lid behind. 

I tried these over several primers over the course of about 10 days. I've not managed to find a combination that works for day to day (non-editorial) life. 

I saved a bunch of the photos from my experience with them on my IG highlights - if you want I can grab them and insert for you to see.

Thanks @Mochapj for the review, I've been having trouble posting from my phone. I did get Kira Kira and like it better than prismatique eyes gloss which irritated my eyes.

@moxiepancakes Sadly I never had much luck with the creams in the Prismatique either (so thick and heavy) but I love the powder portions of them.

I liked the powder but not enough to keep it. The gloss from the crystal eyes duo  smelled and felt like Vaseline. My eyes were so irritated wearing it I returned it immediately 

Swatches of the new lid lacquers - from top down: Satou Ume, Pika Pika, Shu Iro, Hadaka, Kira Kira, Kogecha, Shikkoku, Komugi

Looks like new brushes for the lid lacquer too

IMG_9265.jpg

8 shades of Lid lacquer

New Surratt product;

Looks like Surratt is coming out with some sort of eye gloss product

What is everyone's opinion on the Surratt eyeshadow? I have a few in my cart, but I want some affirmation before pulling the trigger haha

165 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png