Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I really like it! I was hoping the lip liner would be closer in tone to the lipstick but it was completely off. I feel it would be difficult to find a lip liner that matches well so I will probably use a nude lip liner as a base or one of my browns if a want to make it cooler.

Has anyone picked up Very Victoria or Birkin Brown that might be willing to show a lip swatch?

I've been on a brown kick lately.

I have Birkin Brown I am posting a pic tomorrow with it on.

Hi CT fans-Nordstrom will be doing a GWP with $150 CT purchase. The gift is a CT mirror or bag and a deluxe jar of Magic Cream, supposed to last one month, so it's a mini. Starts the 12th or you can wait until the 15th. I'm not sure if it's online, I heard about it from Jonathan and Nordstrom in Chicago-feel free to call him, he's super nice.  I'll post my haul when it arrive. I'm waiting for triple points 🙂

Thanks for the info Anne!  I would be into that but I have so much trouble using up the Magic Cream.  Back when CT first launched in the US Beautylish sent me a very generous deluxe sample.  I'm still using it.  A couple days ago I pulled it out and am forcing myself to use it every night until it's gone.  I just don't find it to do anything for me.  

Thanks AnneMCC! I am excited for that 🙂

Anonymous Insider

So. I'm finally in the UK, thus the question is: Do I invest in CT's Magic Foundation or not? Not a single shade of her light wonder foundation came anywhere close to matching either the color of my skin or my complex undertones, and this kind of puts me off to be frank (as well it should), yet still I am tempted. Shades 3.5 or 4.5. look as though they might work for me ... on the website 3.5 shows a picture of a girl with pale olive skin, and 4.5 shows slightly darker olive skin, but it doesn't look orange ... and since I try upward of 40 foundations a year, yet have still not found a match, I always wonder will this next new release be it? 

Getting a foundation match online is a PITA. Is there a chance you can swing by a CT counter to test them? Personally, I'm always open to trying new foundations. You never know if this will be it. If it still doesn't work, have you tried the Cover FX cover drops to mix your own face base?

I want to try the new CT foundation but it hasn't launched locally yet.

No, don't get it. If you didn't get a match on the earlier shades....skip these.

I have mixed feelings about the line...I'd wait for better...personally...

So I gave Glastonberry another shot today and it performed much better. I'm not sure what's going on or what I'm doing wrong since I really disliked it the first time. I'll have to try it again before I decide whether I'm going to keep it.

IMAG5277_1.jpg

Darn, I like this color, but it's so sad to hear that it's been troublesome for you. It may the way the top layer of the lipstick kind of solidifies (Bite Butter Creams)?

That is a gorgeous, sultry color on you, enableme!  I also really love you lavender hair 😉

That is so weird, enableme!  I do agree with Megan below, it doesn't look like a true matte.  I actually don't mind if lipsticks have a bit of sheen/shimmer/whatever but if it is labelled as a "matte" then it better be so.  It looks great here though!  Maybe it's like those powders where you have to get through the first layer to get to the good stuff underneath?  Seems strange in a lipstick.

Very pretty color!

Pretty on you!  But see, it is isn't a matte!!!  I see a shimmer in your photo...or is it me?

Thank you! It might be the way the light is hitting it but in person it was a decent matte.

It isn't on me..but I could be seeing it wrong!

Anonymous Insider

Loving this lip hue - so opulent and fierce! 🙂

If anyone is interested tarababyz on YouTube just uploaded a video of her CT collection and she swatches everything.

I did watch it! I thought it was very helpful. I am also very pale. I am a light 2. I was color IQ'd as a three and can get away with a three in some lines so It was good to know that the highlighter probably wont be a highlighter on me. Dr. Jart's contouring creams look great on me which I think is kinda funny because the reviews are terrible lol. But I also have oily skin so it works in my favor that they are drying. How she describes the highlighter as greasy was helpful too. She doesn't look that pale to me in the video so I was surprised that the highlighter was too dark on her. I plan on buying a lot more of the CT line, specifically her skin care and foundation. I have so many products (mostly samples) that I wanna get thru before I make those purchases first though. Maybe by then there will be either a CT counter at the MOA Nordie's or a CT counter at the Nordie's that is going up near me. I am so happy that they are building a Nordie's near me you have no idea lol. The MOA one is a good 25-30 minutes away plus it is usually mobbed there so I don't like going too often.

Oh great!  I'm glad it was a helpful video for you.  I watch her a lot but quite obviously she and I do not have similar skin tones.  I like how she always describes texture and how the product went on.  Sometimes I feel like they only tell you how pretty the color is and not how the product actually performs.  I love CT products too and really want to try more things but the line is skewed towards fairer skin tones so I really have to be discerning at what I invest in.  That's so exciting for you to be getting a Nordstrom!  I have one close to me but, alas, no CT counter (or actually any brand I'm interested in - no TF or Guerlain either).  I hope yours will have one!

6,148 Replies
testing