Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Absolutely gorgeous!  I might have to pick that up!

absolutely beautiful on you!

Guys, the clutch is SUPER SMALL! And of course, the brushes inside are too... once I saw how small the box my order was shipped in was, I knew I was in trouble! 

I was hoping the clutch would be big enough to fit my phone. It would have been a nice holiday clutch for parties! Nope, not even my iPhone 5 would fit. In fact, the clutch itself is barely bigger than the iPhone 5. Then I realized I have all these beautiful clutches already and never use them...because I rarely go to events that require a clutch LOL. I do use a card holder as a wallet though, and the silver lining to all of this is that it fits all of my cards. It's a tiny bit awkward organizing my 15 cards in two elastic slots, but totally doable and therefore makes a beautiful wallet. And I use my wallet every day. Score!

I admit I'm an accessory junkie and got the clutch mainly for the clutch and not the brushes. They feel like nice brushes, definitely not great quality like the high end Japanese brushes, but usable quality and I would actually use these when traveling. 

The Film Noir box is super cute, you can remove the inside plastic tray and store whatever you can fit in it. I think I'll use it for a few of my liquid lipsticks 🙂 I think this set is worth the money (not a deal) if you want the Opium Noir lipstick.

So, I'm happy with the lipstick and will use the black eyeliner but I don't think that the mini brush set in the clutch is worth the money. For me, I don't mind that I spent the money on it since I've spent way more $$ on smaller accessories!

Here you can see the Film Noir box is bigger than the clutch...was not expecting that. 

IMG_0528.JPG

TINY!

IMG_0532.JPG

This is the powder/blush brush?! TINY! I think it'll make a good blush brush though. I'm not a brush connoisseur so these are acceptable quality to me.

IMG_0534.JPG

My current card holder wallet vs. the clutch. Besides one of my girlfriends who doesn't use a wallet, I have the smallest wallet out of pretty much everyone I know. 

IMG_0535.JPG

Cards in their new home. Weird layout, but I'll get used to it. My card holder only had 4 slots anyway so I didn't have much more organization than this.

IMG_0536.JPG

Film Noir box! 

IMG_0533.JPG

P. S. You have some of the most thorough, helpful reviews I've ever read either on blogs or on product pages. Thank you for such details & pictures

What a great idea for the clutch @k617. I may have to do that with the clutch for my extra rewards/point cards that I carry that don't fit into my regular wallet.

Also, the lipstick looks amazing on you.

Thank you so much for sharing pictures! I'm now glad I skipped the brush set, even though it's pretty. It looks too small to me (mainly the brushes). It makes a cute card holder though! Good idea.

@lachaton I was just sweeping the brushes over my face and while they don't feel as nice as say, my IT luxe brushes (and I'd imagine your Hakuhodos), they aren't scratchy. I quite like the second smallest brush...I think it'd be perfect for smudging shadow under my eyes!

And I think the blender brush will be great for applying transition colours to my lid. I've been thinking of buying another one (Been using the one that came with the ABH palette and it sheds like crazy), so this will do the trick!

I bring CT's smudger brush and powder & sculpt brush with me everywhere, so I could imagine using this set quite a bit when traveling.

They're just lovely though...

@meganlisa there's definitely no denying they're lovely! Come to think of it, for a brand like CT I think the brush set is a decent buy if you like collectibles (the clutch really is LOVELY even though the size wasn't what I expected)

And the lipstick... the formula is perfect 😄

@k617 I adore the lipstick on you (as I see it above, I'm just going to comment here). I wasn't planning on getting it but wow!  That is one pretty lipstick.  Love it on you!

Thanks @meganlisa! It's a dark red that I think would look flattering on many people! 😄

I ordered some of the CT Holiday items. Swatches below!

@dioradict As you can see, Opium Noir isn't really brown. It's more purple (but less purple than Hel's Bells, and more red than that one). It looks slightly brown compared to Hel's but I really noticed how purple it was when I first swatched it.

Opium Noir

IMG_0994.JPG

Swatches of Opium Noir (long line) compared to  Hel's Bells (short line)

Matte Revolution Lipstick Charms (Amazing Grace, Very Victoria, Red Carpet Red)

Legendary Muse palette

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

You're a stunner, @lachaton!

And you always wear reds so beautifully. 

Also, I love your freckles.

Opium Noir is gorgeous, and it's a dupe of a liquid NYX I've wanted in traditional lipstick form. If only it was sold separately! 

Thanks @lachaton it looks gorgeous on you!  

Does anyone recall if Opium Noir is going to be sold separately, or is it only in this kit?  

I feel like it looks similar to one of the Pat McGrath lipsticks, so I'm undecided if I want it.

@Mochapj Hmm, I think it is slightly different from nay of Pat's but I can swatch for you and check. 

No worries @lachaton I think I may be confusing it with the shade I got when I mixed blood 1+2 together 😊

Lipstick is gorgeous and gorgeous on you!

Stunning color on you @lachaton

@lachaton Thank you so much 🙂 It looks so pretty on you.

How is the packaging of the set?is it cardboard?I liked the set picture from the promos with the vanity light look. Let me know your thoughts on the packaging please 🙂

6,148 Replies
testing