Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@Ispend2much6, thanks for the tag! That swatch is the perfect shade!!

@TraceyEB   Oh, thank you. 😉  It's such a pretty shade.  I wonder if I could make it work by using the Foxy Brown Lip Cheat underneath to tone down the blue a little bit...

@Ispend2much6, I did a quick experiment applying Bobbi Brown's Rich Nude Art Stick underneath Bobbi Brown Razzberry matte and it toned the shade down to a muted raspberry. I went over it again with the Rich Nude and it looked pink. According to Wikipedia, orange, gold, copper, brown, etc, which have yellow undertones will tone down blue.

@TraceyEB   Nice work- thanks!  Nude would work too.  One of my very favorite "reds" is actually Bobbi Brown lip color in Brown topped with the Nourishing Lip Color or the other one that is similar in texture in Berry or Claret (can't remember!)

@Ispend2much6, that's so interesting! Rich Nude is a reddy brown, and it seemed to neutralize the blue while keeping a pretty shade. Foxy Brown should have a similar effect. (I wasn't as fussy for the effect of a beige-y brown nude, like Iconic Kate or BB's Art Stick in Bare under Razzberry as the resulting shade looked muddied.) I'm very excited about this new release!

I bet that looks pretty @Ispend2much6 .  That’ll work for you I hope! I like those kind of reds toned down with a bit of brown. 
@TraceyEB you so smart! 🥰

@Sunnysmom, you're so funny!

Yes I did @TraceyEB 🙄. Tried not to because I also don’t totally love the matte formula of hers and have hardly ordered anything at all this year except the new lips in Amal etc and a backup shadow. But this swatch looks so good and I can’t seem to help myself when this shade shows up! Prob like Chanel Noble or a TF I wonder? And while I love Lisa E I was a bit let down with last formula except for Myth. Did you end up loving them? I feel guilty from that but also! 

@Sunnysmom, I read your disappointment and felt bad about your experience. If you can believe it, I haven't opened them to swatch or wear just made sure they weren't damaged. Breaking into them tomorrow with fingers crossed the shades turn out. I'm trying to slow my lipstick purchasing, buying maybe 1-2 in a collection vs. all that I like, and it may be even less than that next year. I'm also not a fan of CT's Matte Revolution. Let's compare notes when Scarlet arrives!

Aww thanks @TraceyEB I felt so badly even saying anything! I’ve read a few others felt same. Her first 2 releases were just so good! So st least I have those and love them. I’ve layered Myth and it’s fine, others so so. Anyway... is what it is! Yikes the guilt tho! We will def compare this one. I feel same, have to slow lipsticks down. Shop  my stuff and love what I have also. We can be strong! 🤗

@Sunnysmom, this Fall, I took stock of what I had and found some lovely quads that were barely touched, blushes I wanted to wear more often, and a sense I was adding faster than I could enjoy. Adding less to my stash will almost be a relief. 🙂

I think that’s great @TraceyEB and I’m determined to do same. I’ve been really trying to after saying the Chanel holiday was going to be my last big purchase and then just going to really use what I have. Though it used to frustrate me , I kind of long for the good old days with barely 3 new releases a year, usually only 2. I want to appreciate what I have vs just keep accumulating. And products not going bad either. 🤗😘

@Sunnysmom, agree wholeheartedly! We'll support each other and maybe tease a 👀 every now and then. I discovered a beautiful MAC red that is starting to turn, so I'll wearing it now (and this month)!

Let’s do it @TraceyEB . “What brings you joy” - or whatever it is, think it’s time to remember that probably.  I need to check on colors too. Extra sad if we can’t use and enjoy them before they do turn.🤗😘

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Cyber Monday - 40% off select bundles and 50% off Mystery Box of 11 regular and travel sized products, includes 30 ml Magic Cream. Rakuten 15% off.

@TraceyEB  @blackkitty2014   I'm going to cry.  I didn't know CT was on Rakuten.  Maybe I'll have to order the Bar of Gold palette to make up for it (I bought the Icon palette also @blackkitty2014 .) 

Thx you for posting @TraceyEB . I can’t help myself but to order Bar of Gold and The Icon palettes. With ebates, I can get both for the price of The Icon palette 😘🤣😂 Ugh, I have to stop buying deep discount makeup 🤪

@blackkitty2014, those are two of my favourite products of hers. I especially love the Icons palette!

@TraceyEB you’re not helping lol!

@blackkitty2014 I’m trying to be so good and say no but it’s so hard (cries in first world problems mode). I don’t need this palette, I just bought two giant ND palettes plus I have her release from this year. Still my fingers tingle!

@makeitup305  I hear you. I take my new stuff and stash it in a drawer and then don’t open it until much much later. That way I always have something new to play with. 🤣

Ironically enough, this is a tactic I heard in my teens that was used by a friend of the family’s for their kids after birthdays/Xmas. The logic being you get so many toys on these days that the kids get overwhelmed if you open them all at once. If you dribble them out over the course of a year, the kids get more enjoyment out of each toy.  

Everything is on sale now so I’m stocking up now and I’ll try to open my stuff slowly over the course of a year. 

I bought the le pmg rose palette, a viseart 12 pan, a Sephora pro, and a tarte pro palette in the past two or three weeks. So far I’ve opened none of them. That being said, the gold bar highlighter has been on my wish list since last year. I’m definitely cracking that open as soon as I get it! 😄

6,148 Replies
testing