Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Yes @TraceyEB ! They look very wearable for both blush and highlighter. Hope not too glittery, doesn’t appear so from pics!

Does anyone know if the limitless lips are supposed to be LE? I thought they were but then I also must have overlooked them because of the initial shades. Now I saw in someone’s video two nudes and I really liked them but don’t want to go out of my way if they’re only available on CT website

Saw this video for the Pillow Talk Dreams palette posted by Sonia Butler who lives in the Netherlands. She described PT Dreams as an evening version of the original PT and noted that bottom left shade is a super pop formula. She also compared PT Dreams to Walk of No Shame and said the latter was more red.

Screenshot_20220227-004305~2.png

Pillow Talk Dreams (l); Pillow Talk (r)Pillow Talk Dreams (l); Pillow Talk (r)Top & bottom left: PT Dreams; bottom right: Pillow Talk originalTop & bottom left: PT Dreams; bottom right: Pillow Talk original

Screenshot_20220227-003401.png

Pieces from a summer Pillow Talk Collection - Pillow Talk Dreams eyeshadow quad and PT Multi Glow All Over Beautifying Glow Highlighter in Romance Light, which may have multiple shades given @Mochapj's post below.

Screenshot_20220205-015849.pngCT PT Highlighter1.pngCT PT Highlighter3.pngCT PT Highlighter2.png

New pillow talk product 

7AD76DB3-F0D6-438F-A87E-32EC59C7D24E.png

This does look interesting @Mochapj @Kim888

@Mochapj @Interesting !! I wonder if this is supposed to be a blush or more like a finishing powder like the hourglass ones 

Wayne Goss has published his review of the matte shadows, which includes application. He called them dreadful and used terms like awful and nightmare. He showed how a brush with product drags/catches the skin and how it's difficult to blend multiple shades smoothly. He suggested they would be better suited for younger people with tighter skin on their eyelids.

Screenshot_20220125-165704.png

Oh this made me giggle @TraceyEB .😂 and his face!  Thank you for sharing it! I love it that he calls it likes he sees it!

@Sunnysmom, I've never heard him wince and groan as he did trying to blend these shadows. I think this formula is only good for a single shadow and adding something sparkly on top. A big letdown in what should have been a wonderful addition to her line.

Yup that had to hurt him to even do it @TraceyEB . That could be a good idea to save it tho with the sparkly on top! Sadly I suspect this product won’t stick around too long! 

I am new to Charlotte Tilbury as well but am in love with the Airbrush flawless finish Complexion Perfecting Micro Powder. This compact finishing powder is perfect for setting your makeup or I even wear it alone with concealer for a more natural skin look. I have medium colored skin and the color 2 medium is perfect for me. It works wonders on keeping my skin from getting oily during the day too. I hope you try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Screenshot_20220121-004523.png

Rebecca from Not Fit For Print Beauty reviewed the new Matte Eyes to Mesmerise. She found the matte formula to be very different, likening it to putty vs. the mousse-y original Eyes to Mesmerise. She used a cosmetic spatula to remove the product and placed it on the outer lid to keep it from setting while she applied it using fingers. She said it warmed on the eyes and removed with an oil-based makeup remover. Her bottom line: It is very good at being a matte base product that won't budge. It can also be difficult.

Charlotte Holdcroft used a brush to obtain and apply the shadows. She described the formula as velvety and crease-resistant.

In studio lighting L-R: Smokey Taupe, Chocolate Veil, Flawless VeilIn studio lighting L-R: Smokey Taupe, Chocolate Veil, Flawless VeilIn sunlight L-R: Smokey Taupe, Chocolate Veil, Flawless BeigeIn sunlight L-R: Smokey Taupe, Chocolate Veil, Flawless Beige

@TraceyEB @Sunnysmom I've watched about 5 YouTube reviews on the new matte formula and NONE of them have been positive.

I’m so sad about these lol. They came out of nowhere and i was so excited. I’ve since seen 0 good reviews and i can’t have something drier than a Mac paint pot. 

@CookieGirl1, it's really disappointing to see the poor reviews for a new product. It shouldn't be difficult to remove and apply a cream eyeshadow. I have seen some reviews where it works for people and many where it hasn't. I hope CT reformulates this product.

@TraceyEB Sometimes I wonder how products that seem to overall have such poor performance ever make it through production...

Thanks for doing the work for us @CookieGirl1 ! 😊 What a shame. I wonder how @TraceyEB will like hers. Maybe there’s a good trick to layering it as she mentions that makes it work. Has to be some thinking by CT with this product. 🤔 I think I remember some old BB pots that seemed kind of putty like as well . Would that be right? Or someone else maybe. 

@Sunnysmom  I still have some of those BB pots.  They were like putty, but had enough silicone in them to spread easily, at least the ones I have do.  I'm kind of afraid to try these though.  Even using an eye primer makes my eyes red for a day after removing my makeup, so this would probably not be good.

I need to look also @Ispend2much6 . Pretty sure I have 1 as well. I feel like mine dried out though it’s been awhile since I looked at them. Agree on the primer too. The state of my fragile eyelids make any of these probably unworkable sadly. Something more gentle with a bit more slip underneath would have to work for me like a Nars stick or Trinny pot. I’ll go look at them but probably have to pass which is a shame. The idea seems good as I like a good cream shadow as you do. Maybe we will be happily surprised when we hear how Tracey likes them. 😊

@Sunnysmom It sounds like the formulation is overall somewhat dry and difficult to blend or work with and that it's lacking in pigmentation.

7 Replies
testing