Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

@shimmerbait, this palette is brand new though we've seen...

@shimmerbait, this palette is brand new though we've seen similar warm-toned shade palettes from CT. The Nordstrom palette was called The Easy Smokey Eye palette. Swatches from that palette and the Stars I'm Your Eyes palette are below, courtesy of Sabrina at thebeautylookbook.

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I also bought CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Cheek To Chic Blush in Pillow Talk and it is more brown then anything else. It applies like a dream though and you have to be super careful not to get heavy handed with it. I swirled my brush around once and it was entirely too much product. I had to do damage control and now I tap the brush off even if I think it's not enough product. I really looks nice on and I am glad I bought it. Once the sale starts I intend to get more CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in a few other shades because it is so beautiful on and feels nice on the lips, not too sticky or drying. I want the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Gift of Magic Skin Mini Set. It's a great price to try it all out. I also want to try the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascarabecause I've heard great things about it. Finally I may pick up another CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Luxury Eyeshadow Palette - The Sophisticate for a matte daytime, neutral look. WOW!! Now that I am reading this back, that's a lot!! BUT, it's not everyday we get 20% off, so I am going to take full advantage of it!! I haven't tried, nor do I want to try, her CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation because her foundations just don't work out for me. I ended up giving her CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Foundation away to my daughter because it was way too drying for me and looked really flat and just yuck!! Could have been my application as I am far from a pro. As you can see, I really do love most of her products and I confess, I am a CT convert!! LOL!

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder is hands down the best powder I have used for under my aging 50 year old eyes!! It is so finely milled and so soft and just gorgeous! I know a lot of people complain about the price for what you get, but if you just use it for those certain places on your face, rather then everywhere, it will last a long time. Also, just roll your brush back and forth across the top of the powder, rather than swirling your brush and you will save ALOT of it. I have so many setting powders( Laura Mercier, Hourglass, to name just 2) and have tried so many others. I find this is best for under my eyes and the IT COSMETICS - Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish Airbrush Powder for the rest of my face is perfect for my aging skin.

So, I finally put together a CT Pillow Talk look. I didn't use her mascara because I just haven't bought it yet and I don't like her foundation. It is much, much too drying for my 50 year old skin and I find it kind of flat looking. I've really struggled this year, getting back to wearing makeup after 15 years of not bothering. I always had other obligations with family and kids and never had the time for myself.This is actually the first time I have not gotten fed up and just removed all my makeup, before I was even done applying it all. So, I guess this is the first of I hope, many more days of feeling like I want to take the time I take for myself!! The No makeup look, I was about 20 pounds heavier at the beginning of summer.Pillow Talk LookPillow Talk LookI cannot believe how different I look!! Much better, I think!!20191025_140959.jpgNo Makeup, Obviously!!No Makeup, Obviously!!

@kel70, my goodness you wear Charlotte Tilbury products beautifully! This look is so elegant. (Your weight loss is also an inspiration to me.)

@TraceyEBI got super depressed when I turned 47 and ate myself into a 3x in about 6 months!! I gained 12 pounds a month for 6 months straight! Then about 3 months after my 48th birthday I decided to make a change. I stopped eating all the stuff I knew had made me gain weight ( you know those flavored pretzel pieces from Saunder's?) and started to drink water. ALOT OF WATER!! Every time I even thought about putting something bad for me into my mouth, I picked up my bottle of water. I would chug it down until my stomach was full. After about 2 weeks of doing that I was not missing my munchies so much and the hunger pangs went away. I think eating crap had become more of a habit then anything. The hardest part was just sticking to it until my body was used to it. I found that after a little time passed I started to look and, more importantly, feel better. I physically felt better. That tired, sluggish feeling totally went away. Then I started to get out for a walk everyday and the weight just started to fall off of me. I will keep it up through the winter, but will not be able to walk as much because it is just too cold where I live. I have a stationary exercise bike in my rec room and plan to hop on that for a half hour twice a day once it gets too cold. I know how hard it is to loose weight, but just keep trying, if that is what you want, you can do it. It won't happen over night, but it will happen. Every pound lost is a small victory. You can do it! I've gone from 268 pounds to 193 in a year and a bit. Water also makes your skin look better as well. If you ever need a little encouragement, just hit me up!!

@kel70, thank you for being so generous in sharing the background of your weight gain and the changes you've made that have generated your weight loss. I've been reflecting on it. I now need to translate good intentions into action, and that's the turning point I admit I've yet to make. I try to frame goals like this into daily decisions and actions. Thankfully, I'm not starting from scratch, so it's a matter building on what I started this Fall. I appreciate your kind offer of support as well. 🙂

@kel70   Wow you are an inspiration! You do look absolutely pretty! Yes, you have done so much for everyone else. Glad that you are appreciating the beautiful self too.

Thank you so much. The encouragement really helps and completely motivates me to keep trying.

@kel70, That is a beautiful look. Keep the ME TIME going!

@kel70, That is a beautiful look. Keep the ME TIME going!

I bought this too and was surprised with the shades as well. Great quality though. I am lucky enough to have that skin tone where I can wear warm and cool tones and I have a hazel eye that changes from a greeny-brown to a kind of greyish-greeny-amber. I've never figured out why my eye color changes like that. But anyways, I am able to wear either cool or warm shades because of it. I too, got this for a discounted price and I love it, but, yes, I'd have to agree the colors are not as depicted.

@kel70   It sounds like the eye shadows will be stunning on you!  My eyes change also, depending upon what clothing I am wearing, etc. 

The Gorgeous, Glowing Look in a Palette.

16C93049-5250-4152-8438-7D3E87906CD7.jpeg

The right shade is the Brighten eye shadow. Moving leftward, the Enhance shade, the Smoke shade, and the golden brown in the back is the Bronzer. Behind that is the Highlighter.  The quality of the product is great, but the shades, not so much for me.  I like enough of it to be content to have bought this at a great price, but if I paid $75 for it I would not have been so happy.  The shades are much warmer than depicted on a lot of sites.

309595B3-60EB-4CEF-8A91-A1774B6F958C.jpeg

Far left is the cheek Swish shade, top is the Highlighter, then the cheek Pop shade.

@Ispend2much6 i received this last Saturday but i havent had a chance to play with it yet.  I'm still at Tom Ford playing ground and playing catch up.  It looks so pretty though. 

@blackkitty2014   It's okay; Charlotte is patient. 🙂  I think you'll really like it.  The quality is definitely there.  The shades were not the best for me, but I like enough about it that having bought it at a great price I'm not upset.  Had I bought it at $75, I would have been really angry at myself.

@Ispend2much6  The swish, pop, and highlighter shades were darker than I expected. I also expected the pop and swish shades to be more pink. I don't hate it but I pretty much feel the same way you do, I would be more upset if I paid full price. 

@suzyo  Yeah, I thought they would be more "berry" than "maroon" like  they are.

I really like the highlighter, would probably use the cheek Swish shade as an eye shadow, like two of the eye shadows, and the cheek Pop actually looks pretty close to my natural flush when applied, so I really didn't lose all that much, just disappointed.

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Magic star highlighter

Re: RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

So gorgeous @Mochapj !!! I will need this too 😉

@blackkitty2014 I have it and it’s really pretty in person. 

Thx @SportyGirly125 .. I dont think i can resist it 🙂 Will order soon 😉

testing