Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@Sunnysmom   Yay!  Thanks for the swatches.  You make Vergara and Amal look beautiful.

It's not blasphemy not to worship at the altar of CT. 🙂  Her lipsticks aren't the easiest to wear for a good many people, it seems.  Either that or we're very vocal!  I didn't think I could wear hers well, but when I counted them I own a good bit. lol

I thought Amal and Vergara were draggy.  I wonder if the darker pigments are like that for CT.  

Mwah 😘 @Ispend2much6 thank you! I feel a bit better! I own a bunch too tho! Good grief. 

I think my darker ones are creamier and easier. Almost all of em. Weird. I think Amal and Vergara look great on you! I need to work with them I guess. And I’m ticked I didn’t get the red leopard case!! Ha Grr. Did you? For Amal?! 

@Sunnysmom   No, the two cases I received were both the Art Deco (Amal and Olivia- also Vergara.)  The red leopard is with Dance Floor Princess and Patsy Red; the gold leopard case is with Jen and Red Hot Susan, at least according to Elite Daily.  

Aww shoot @Ispend2much6  I didn’t catch that with Patsy bec I got her in refill. I may change mind and do leopard case instead as I do like her and less hassle to have to change up! Thanks for info! 

@Sunnysmom   I didn't either; I think a lot of these reviews came out after the pre-order.  I agree; I don't like owning a refill without the case.

@Sunnysmom, looking forward to seeing Amal, too! 

Yes that and Vergara @TraceyEB . @Ispend2much6 said they leave pretty good stain which I’m excited about. Most CT do not at all on me. Good old FedEx handed it off to USPO. Super. No wonder so late. 😕Glad all you guys got yours tho! 🥰

Oh, they are gorgeous on you @Ispend2much6. This makes me want all four of the ones you chose. 

@PrettyPaint   Awww, thanks!  I think I can work with all of them except for Olivia.  The lighting in our house skews things to be too warm, but it's still too peachy for me.

Here are my purchases and what I think may be dupes (or close to being dupes.)  I don't own one for Glowing Jen, but having tried a sample of Stoned Rose, I think it may be close to it.  

If you have the problem of CT's lipsticks turning orange or gray on you, as I do, these lipsticks, with the exception of Amal and Vergara, may disappoint you.

Sorry for the messy swatches.

Natural lightNatural light

Swatches alone.  The lipsticks are very close in shade, but the real differences show when they're applied.  I do think many of them are probably going to be too similar to existing shades.hotlips2swatches.jpg

@PrettyPaint   Awww, thanks!  I'm glad it's helpful.  I didn't want to ruin the points of the bullets so I just scribbled the swatches. 😉

Thanks for posting these swatches! I have Stoned Rose and...

Thanks for posting these swatches! I have Stoned Rose and it's more pink than Glowing Jen, which is more brown-rose. I also bought Viva and it reminds me of Bond Girl though is probably closest to Walk of Shame. How would you describe Amal?

Re: Thanks for posting these swatches! I have Stoned Rose and...

@TraceyEB   Amal is one of CT's more unique shades, I think.  I almost want to say it's a combo of The Queen and Love Liberty.  It's not nearly as bright as either of them, which for me is a good quality.

Re: Thanks for posting these swatches! I have Stoned Rose and...

@Ispend2much6, that's a super helpful description!! I have a feeling based on that, Amal will work for me, too.

This is so helpful @Ispend2much6 

I found this video on YouTube - it's really helpful especially if you want an idea on what some of the shades look like on fairer skin. She even shows them side by side with other CT lippies so you can see if you already have a dupe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrm88dzmJKY

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Viva vergara and Carina star

Viva La VergaraViva La Vergara

Carina's StarCarina's Star

Re: RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@Mochapj You make these lipsticks look so good! Thanks for the swatches. You look amazing!

Carina's Star is stunning on you, @Mochapj!

Carina's Star is stunning on you, @Mochapj!
Anonymous Insider

oh wow! Both shades look great on you! I really like the...

oh wow! Both shades look great on you! I really like the Carina Shade 😍
testing