Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@Ispend2much6 yeah I deff would have waited if I'd known! Oh well if i end up wanting more I can always buy them from sephora

Oh wow! Wish I had known!!

Oh wow! Wish I had known!!

Now this is something different than we're used to seeing from Charlotte...

Annotation 2019-06-20 040247.png

@CookieGirl1   Charlotte has a very mild, temporary tanning type of product.  I really like it, and I'm not into tanning.  It just gives me a little bit more color.  The cream is a light blue, but changes once it's on your skin.

https://www.sephora.com/product/unisex-healthy-glow-P433525?icid2=products%20grid:p433525:product

@CookieGirl1 it's actually been out for quite a while! I think sephora has just been adding more of her recently- her dry sheet mask popped up as well! I was always too afraid to use it the bronze mask haha but reviews seems to be a bit mixed when you look on say nordstrom. 

I did try out the dry sheet mask though - it was definitely a weird experience!

@Kim888 @Ispend2much6 I feel silly for not knowing that this isn't actually a new product from her!  I've honestly never even gotten to try anything from CT and when I saw the product pop up on the website it didn't even occur to me that it was something that's been around awhile.  Thanks for pointing that out to me :).

@CookieGirl1   No need to feel silly!  So many new items are added it's easy to lose track.  That's why we have BIC. 🙂  I just wanted to tell you about the Unisex cream because it's so unique. 🙂

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Another set of hot lips 2 swatches

Swatches from really ree of the Hot Lips 2; 5 kissing shades and 5 matte revolution

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.51.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.51.33 PM.png

omg looooveeee

omg looooveeee

I might be totally missing it, but do we know which shades are the kissing formula and which are the matte revolution formula?

@SurprisedLemur   Reallyree has them separated by formula on her site.  Mocha's swatches above are arranged by formula also.  Images from ReallyRee.

Kissing formula: 

Dance Floor Princess 

Angelic Alessandra

Glowing Jen

J.K. Magic

In Love with Olivia

charlotte-tilbury-hot-lips-2-kissing-shades.jpg

Matte Revolution:

Carina's Star

Viva La Vergara

Patsy Red

Red Hot Susan

Amazing Amal

charlotte-tilbury-hot-lips-2-matte-revolution-shades.jpg

Thanks @Ispend2much6, good find! Helpful! 

Thanks so much @Ispend2much6 !

Thanks for the swatches. I spent some time trying to figure out beautygeek's swatches to match up to the names so this is super helpful. It says in select stores at the end of the month. Do we know if Sephora is one of the selected stores?

@niki172, just saw Beautylish posted a signup for the Hot Lips launch.

Thanks @TraceyEB . For some reason her lippies turn weird/no bueno colors on my lips. For example I got either Kidman's kiss or Liv it up (can't remember which one) and it was so not flattering on me. Made my lips look like a mannequin from the 80's that had been left out in the rain for all these years. I gave that one away to a friend.

@niki172 I know exactly what you mean. Liv It Up, B**tch Perfect, Miss Kensington, Pillow Talk, light corals all look poor on me. (Some I use as blush.)  I'm better if  I stick to darker shades. The brand is not my fave for lipsticks but I wanted one of the special lipstick cases. 

@TraceyEB - that's exactly why I want one of these lippies is for the case!! I'm making an effort to not buy lippies just for the case after getting my hands on the Givenchy 2017 winter collection lipstick (that one was tough as my lesson was being a idiot and paying almost double for one on Evilbay). That's why I haven't just gone ahead and bought one - I shouldn't be buying a lipstick just for the case when I have a gazillion other lipsticks AND the formula doesn't really work for me it seems for some reason. I do wish that the cases were sold individually, and that they would fit other lipsticks. I'd pick one (probably at least 2) up if that was the case.

I always want to try a pretty nude lip and thought pillow talk maybe fun but nope no way. Awful on me! Agree on darks only from CT @TraceyEB ! Glad BB can get some right. My lips just too pale for nudes 😕. Lucky you can do some @Ispend2much6 ! 

@niki172  That was quite a description- I can visualize it well!   I get frustrated because my lips change colors.  Sometimes they're pale, sometimes they're rosy, sometimes, when they're normal, they're mauve.  It sounds crazy, but the other day I had an event to go to and I was slapping lipsticks on and tossing them onto my dresser because none of my usual ones looked good, except for my Armani 503 or something.  Armani never fails!

testing