Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

This week, Charlotte Tilbury is bringing back some exclusive sold out products "for good." Sign up for early notification via CT's IG Stories. Some hints looked like Filmstar Bronze and Blush, Eyes To Mesmerize in Rose Gold, Legendary Muse and Exagger-eyes eyeshadow quads (mmaaayybe Pillow Talk?). I hope Supersonic Girl gets restocked, too.

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I'm looking at the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderandI'm curious--does it have more of a matte finish or is it more luminous (like an Hourglass powder)?

@CookieGirl1 seconding it has a matte finish! it's very nice and doesn't crease at all whereas ones like nars translucent powder did on me!

@flyte It sounds like a lovely powder for blurring but matte powders--even really finely milled ones--somehow usually aren't as flattering on my skin so I really appreciate your input.

@CookieGirl1 i feel you on there! i usually use hourglass ambient lighting powder as my main setting powder, weird i know since it is a finishing powder. I use a setting spray before powdering on top of it. Charlotte Tilbury's would be my second go to though! Though, I still have to try HG's new one.

@flyte the loose one from HG?  I actually just bought the mini during the F&F sale to try it out.  I like it for the most part, better than most other powders that I've tried :).

@CookieGirl1It has a matte finish.

@SportyGirly125 Thanks, girl.  I want something with a SLIGHTY more luminous finish and I don't have a Sephora that carries CT near me so I don't have the opportunity to swatch anything.  Glad that now I know this so I don't shell out the cash :).

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

So I've been eyeing the Bar of Gold trio palette. What do people think about it? Is it similar to something like the Hourglass Metallic Strobe palette from last year or NARS's? Thanks!

Re: RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@flyte I have it but I can't compare it to the Nars or the Hourglass Palette that you mentioned.  I do love that you can use it wet or dry.  It is really pigmented and looks great on the skin.

So I just purchased the Glow face palette. I've been on the fence (I don't know why since I love my Seductive face palette) I figured I shouldn't wait too much longer because I didn't purchase Supersonic Girl quad during the friends and family sale thinking I would get it during this sale, but it's OOS. Oh well, will probably use the Glow face palette more since my eyeshadow palettes are taking over.

Sephora has really dropped the ball on their CT stock in Canada. So many items are sold out, it seems like some have been OOS for weeks. Everything of hers that is in my loves list is currently unavailable: the setting powder, flawless filter, bronze and glow, goddess clay mask. On top of that, all of these products are also OOS: both sizes of the magic cream, almost all matte revolution lipsticks, all but one flawless filter, all shades of under eye powder, and all shades of magic away concealer. I'm not sure what's going on but I'm hoping it gets resolved quickly so I can pick up some items during the sale. 

The Starlight quad is now live on the CT website for anyone who was still waiting for that!  

LUXURY PALETTE OF POPS

For those of you who have tried her Instant Look in a Palette, which one is better- the Smokey one on her website/Beautylish or the one on Sephora? I might pick one up on the next sale to try out her stuff.

@makeitup305 I'm the one who posted those swatches below so if you want a closer look any anything let me know I'm happy to post other pics when I get home from work!

I Like beauty glow over the smokey but Seductive is still my fave - not sure if that's available anymore though

@Kim888 thanks for your swatches! I tried the Beauty Glow in store and it seems right up my alley. I might pick it up at the VIB sale.

@Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatche...

@Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatches, I had taken a screenshot of them when I was trying to decide and they were very helpful. I ended up with Seductive a few months ago when Charlotte Tilbury ran her sale 🙂

Re: @Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatche...

haha of course not @Luvstravel ! glad you bumped the swatches  up especially now they are sold at sephora!

@makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in...

@makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in the thread before.

Re: @makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in...

Thanks @Luvstravel! I appreciate it!

@makeitup305 I have all 4 and I think the Smokey one is the weakest one of the lot. 

However it’s also the one that contains 4 of her FS products (bar of gold, one of her chic to chic blushes and filmstar bronzer.

im not sure which one Sephora carries but I think Seductive Beauty is the best one, personally. Natural Beauty is good if you have very fair skin but most of it barely shows up on me. 

testing