Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

The Starlight quad is now live on the CT website for anyone who was still waiting for that!  

LUXURY PALETTE OF POPS

For those of you who have tried her Instant Look in a Palette, which one is better- the Smokey one on her website/Beautylish or the one on Sephora? I might pick one up on the next sale to try out her stuff.

@makeitup305 I'm the one who posted those swatches below so if you want a closer look any anything let me know I'm happy to post other pics when I get home from work!

I Like beauty glow over the smokey but Seductive is still my fave - not sure if that's available anymore though

@Kim888 thanks for your swatches! I tried the Beauty Glow in store and it seems right up my alley. I might pick it up at the VIB sale.

@Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatche...

@Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatches, I had taken a screenshot of them when I was trying to decide and they were very helpful. I ended up with Seductive a few months ago when Charlotte Tilbury ran her sale 🙂

Re: @Kim888, I hope you didn't mind me reposting your swatche...

haha of course not @Luvstravel ! glad you bumped the swatches  up especially now they are sold at sephora!

@makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in...

@makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in the thread before.

Re: @makeitup305, here is some swatches someone had posted in...

Thanks @Luvstravel! I appreciate it!

@makeitup305 I have all 4 and I think the Smokey one is the weakest one of the lot. 

However it’s also the one that contains 4 of her FS products (bar of gold, one of her chic to chic blushes and filmstar bronzer.

im not sure which one Sephora carries but I think Seductive Beauty is the best one, personally. Natural Beauty is good if you have very fair skin but most of it barely shows up on me. 

@Mochapj Thanks for your input! The Sephora one is Beauty Glow. I like it when I got to swatch it in store the other day. Sadly I don't think Seductive is available anymore.

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I was messing around with the Starlight palette today. After swatching it yesterday I was concerned whether it would be able to create a full look because it was not as opaque as the Supersonic Girl palette.

This shows the difference between applying it with brushes vs fingertips. I’ve again used her ‘Prime, Enhance, Smoke, Pop’ formula for shade placement as I assume that is how it was intended based on the sticker on the back.

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend using this palette with brushes because the glitter in this one is much more prone to fallout everywhere.

Beyond that though, the Prime shade (placed all over lid) was extremely transparent; even going over it several times with the brush (and then when I tried with my finger afterwards) I still see most of the colour of my eyelid coming through the clearish base.  In my photos this is most visible in the inner third of my eyelid. The Enhance shade (placed in outer third) was a bit more pigmented using either a brush or fingertip. The Smoke shade (placed upper outer third and crease) really only showed up as olive if I used my finger, otherwise it was just medium brown. Lastly the Pop shade (placed centre of lid) only showed green using my finger and multiple layers; with a brush it seemed to leave only gold sparkle behind.

Bottom line is I think this palette is probably better suited to being a glitter topper (pick a shade) for another look than for creating a full look on its own. With how messy and imprecise glitter application is with fingers, and the requirement that 3 of 4 shades need a fingertip application in order to actually show any colour it just doesn't seem like a palette that is conducive to a full look. 

With brushesWith brushes

With fingertipsWith fingertips

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Thank you for this review.. ❤️ was planning on purchasing for today’s launch but have decided to skip after reading

Re: RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@shimmerbait You’re welcome!

i was really looking forward to this palette when I saw it teased in July and  so disappointed by how sheer it ended up being ☹️ After buying the red one earlier I fully expected the pigmentation would be the same.

Well, @Mochapj, that's a little disappointing. Initially, I expected these palettes to be toppers and this seems to perform this way, yet CT intended them as a cohesive palette and this does so, kind of, by finger application and many layers of product. I'm curious how they work as a topper shades. Is the blue or green distinctive when applied over another shadow?

@TraceyEB@Mochapj That is disappointing as I really wanted to see this also.  I appreciate that sets have toppers but I just don’t find myself really using them. I’d rather have more wearable shades with some depth. Will have to check it out when in store. They do look cool on you tho for the right opportunity! 

@TraceyEB To some extent it does, but not all.

i tried them all over a black base since black tends to allow colours to come through more vibrantly.5428B9F6-26D1-4B0F-9776-AF32394D48D9.jpeg

The more green of the two shades (bottom left of palette) is more vibrantly green over the base. The khaki shade (bottom right of palette) still presents more blackened brown than green.

The ‘blue’ shade is mostly pewter, whether over a base or on bare skin. The white shade (top left of palette) is the lightest one in this photo. I had to rub so hard to get some of the sparkle onto my hand that it blended away almost all of the black base I put down 🤣

Where did you buy the Starlight Palette? I can only find it online at Selfridges and am trying to find a retailer in N.America... =(

@myp89 I bought it from Selfridges; it hasn't launched in NA yet.

On your hand, @Mochapj, I quite like the green and pewter shades. Please update us as you have a chance to experiment with this palette. (The blue with black base reminds me of a MAC eyeshadow - Club? - that I've never figured out how to wear.)

@TraceyEB Yes me too, I have Mac Club! Totally reminds me of it. It’s an interesting shade right? When we are feeling adventurous! 

Definitely, @Sunnysmom! Funny that we both have the same shade. 🙂

1 Reply
testing