Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

@TraceyEB I've purchased the Overnight Bronze & Glow Mask before and quite like it! Her Bronze & Glow skincare is actually one of my favourite lines from CT. I'd love to see her expand it and include variations on the shades. 

The Overnight option is nice because it is fairly subtle, allowing it to be built up over a few nights to your desired tint. I don't find it orange on my skintone (fair and cool-toned), which is key for me. It isn't nearly as dark as the original option (the tinted moisturizer). The product itself is thin, not very viscous. It spreads easily and is quickly absorbed into my skin. It isn't sticky or tacky. There's a very faint scent (similar to self-tanner) but it isn't strong and I don't find it lingers. I also haven't noticed any staining or discolouration on my bed sheets or pillow cases. 

Overall, it's a product I often use just for a hint of a sunny glow. I'm happy to have a backup as my tube is almost done!

@lachatonThank you sooo much for your detailed description of this product! I, too, am fair and cool toned, so very excited to hear that it works for a subtle sunny effect. Are there other products in CT's skincare line that you use regularly?

@TraceyEB Not really, I generally prefer her makeup to her skincare. 

I like to use the supermodel body on my legs in the summer, but I consider that more cosmetic than skincare. Likewise with her primers (which I also like).

I've been using her Magic Eye Rescue as an evening eye cream since I received it in the spring box. It's fine - I don't find it to be magic, but I don't really have any issues with my eye area. (I don't really have dark under eyes, except when overtired, and no sign of wrinkles yet - although I am still fairly young.) 

I've used her Magic Cream but don't particularly love it. But I have given it to my grandmother as a gift, and she was much happier with it. I suspect it's better for dry, mature skin. It also has a bit of sunscreen in it, so I'm happy to see her use it (but for that reason I wouldn't use it at night). 

The Goddess Clay mask is okay. I thought early on when I first tried it that my skin seemed to react to it, but I think in retrospect that may have been caused by something else (I've tested it since then and haven't had the same issues). I do think it's overly fragranced.

I don't mind the Multi-Miracle Glow. I prefer it to the Magic Cream. 

Overall, I'd say my take on the CT skincare line is that it overpromises and underdelivers. It's rather expensive for what it is, and I don't think there's anything extraordinary in it. 

@lachaton, thanks once again for the detailed descriptions of the products and your thoughts. I agree about the skincare overpromises and underdelivers and is expensive. I have enjoyed deluxe samples of the Magic Eye Rescue, Clay Mask, and Magic Cream and thought they were okay. I probably like the eye cream and mask over the Magic Cream but haven't purchased full sizes of any CT skin care except the Multi-Miracle Glow cleanser, which I enjoy using especially in the winter. I bought a replacement when I ran out. I enjoyed the eye cream that came in the Mini Miracle Eye Wand but that product is so expensive for what you get, and I can get the same coverage results or better from Bobbi Brown's Retouching Wand (I need retouching under the eyes for sure). Thanks again for your insight into CT skincare! @lachaton

Your mystery box has great items! I'll have to try the masks soon! @lachaton

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I'm cross posting from the August Hauls thread, but I finally purchased the CT Lip Archive exclusive to her site because it never went on sale.  It includes three nude lipsticks: Miss Kensington; Confession; and Between the Sheets. They're really pretty!

2018-08-14 16.39.38.jpg

2018-08-14 16.38.56.jpg

These shades look gorgeous! And the packing they came in is super cute too! 😍 you picked out a great set! @curlychiquita

Thanks! I have the box displayed on my bookcase 🙂 @Guessgal

RE: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

Summer mystery box

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

CT Magic Away Liquid Concealer - coming soon along with Magic Powder (loose powder). Concealer shades and descriptions below. It's been getting universally rave reviews!! 

UPDATE: Sign up in Charlotte's Instagram bio for exclusive notification when this product launches!

I Really want to try the new concealer.

Which is yellow/warm beige color to you?

I live in norway, and I message on site about it, and that nr 1 is not warm/beige, but they say that nr 2 is yellow toned, but isn't it pink toned?

(Im pale neutral/olive/warm, soo I dont want a cool cool one.)

@TraceyEB been anxiously awaiting this one! Looks good.  My poor dark circles need it if it works well! Thanks for heads up! 

@shirleylin88 According to Allure, CT will launch at Sephora.com on September 13th.  How did I miss this?!  🙂

Product pages are up as well! 

A3E8D8AE-760E-49CD-984B-0F188E8171AA.png

I wish CT launch during the Aug sale

@blackkitty2014, I was hoping also, but at least will hav...

@blackkitty2014, I was hoping also, but at least will have it for our November sale 💖

I was mildy decluttering my lipstick collection and decided to swatch my CT lipsticks for my future reference and decided to share with ya'll. A few of them are somewhat similar (though I have no regrets lol)!

All photos are under natural light, though the 3rd photo was in a different room to give a different perspective on the colors.

1st photos bottom to top:

- Kim KW

- Nude Kate

- *itch Perfect

- Pillow Talk

- Super Cindy

2nd photo from the top/left

- Between the sheets

- Secret Salma

- Kiss Chase

- Bond Girl

- Night Crimson

IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1426.JPG

3rd photo same lipsticks under the same light together (a bit of a challenge to take that photo lol)

I hope this is helpful! Have a great weekend ladies ❤️

Thanks for posting swatches, @Cyncynn 

Thanks, @Cyncynn! Really helpful to be able to compare/contrast the various shades.

Gorgeous collection! @Cyncynn

@Cyncynn  Thanks so much!  I didn't think I would like Nude Kate until I saw your swatch.  

testing