Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I actual got two referrals and you were second .. but thank you for responding!!

No problem. Thanks for letting me know!

Some comparison swatches for the blush 5 in Beauty Glow

IMG_0171.JPG

Some more Beauty Glow swatches on someone who is NC15. Beauty Glow is on the left and Natural Look is on the right.  I destashed Seductive Look a little while ago because it didn't really suit me.

the lightest BG shade is very similar to the middle NL shade (just slightly rosier).  Middle shade is a rose copper and the darkest is a pigmented red brown.  Not sure what aill do with the darkest blush color but it's nice t have the option for someone with darker skin than mine.  They will likely be disappointed at how light the bronzer shade is (though I really like it). It's quite close to the original NL.

RenderedContent-2D010B59-7667-4692-99A3-45435BB072BC.JPG

Hi, @zwig, don't be discouraged about the darker blush shade despite how dark it looks. Those shades require a very light hand. Savage is one of my favorite Tom Ford blushes, which looks unwearable in the pan but is most gorgeous on the cheeks. I often top it with Ravage or Wicked and it's a stunner. It also might make a nice eyeshadow. I used the bronzer shade in the Seductive palette in lieu of the grey middle shade, and its addition gave a surprisingly lovely bronze-y look.

@zwig seconding what @TraceyEB said

I have both Savage and the new CT and I find Savage has looked a lot better on fairer folks than it does on my olivey/tan skintone 😉

In all but my winter months it makes me look muddy and I think that will be the case for the CT blush 5 shade as well, once I take on any additional summer color.

I'm sure these will look lovely on you, with a light hand!

@TraceyEB @Mochapj

You guys were right, of course.  The dark blush actually ends up looking SPECTACULAR on me.  I applied with a small Hakuhodo duo fiber brush to keep it sheer and it's really, really beautiful on.

I actually love this palette so much (it's just perfect for blue eyes!) I'm considering buying a backup.  And I never buy backups!

@zwig So happy to hear you like the dark blush shade and love the palette!! Yay!!

@zwig thanks for the swatches! this is very tempting now since it seems close to the Natural Look! Maybe I'll wait and see if Nordstrom does a Anniversary set with it :x

Spoiler
IMG_0041.JPG

Beauty Glow palette look. I think on my skintone it actually looks pretty natural and not too bronzey but on lighter girls...

@Mochapj,  This look is beautiful on you!  🙂

The palette looks great on you!

This palette is very pretty on you!

Very pretty! I think this is a really nice palette on you, Mocha. What lip shade are you wearing?

My palette will hopefully arrive today, maybe tomorrow. I'm curious to see how the blush shade (5) is on me... 🙂 

Thanks @lachaton

Its the Givenchy Coral Gypsophila, but applied lightly and rubbed in because it's too pastel for me straight from the bullet.

the 5 blush reminds me a lot of TF Savage; do you have that one? I think with a light touch it's really lovely. For me it looks muddy on its own, but if I warm it up with the lighter pink shade it works 😊

@Mochapj ooh, such a lovely lipstick!

I do have Savage, and I apply it similarly to how you do (and quite like it)! This CT one reminds me a bit of a Bobbi Brown bronzer I have that I wear as a blush - because it has just enough red in it for me. 

Not a swatch comparison but here are pictures of all three side by side.

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

Very helpful, @KMariel, thank you for posting!

@KMariel @killerkate @TraceyEB

shades 1-7 from top down.  #4 (bronzer) doesn't show up on me at all, basically 😄

IMG_9991.JPG

IMG_9982.JPG

Thanks for posting the swatches!  

I ended up buying it--I think the first blush will be too dark for me but I am kind of obsessed with these palettes and wanted to round out my set anyways--I really like the eyeshadow and highlighter!

testing