Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

A little annoyed with CT. I preordered the Lucky Box, before I even thought about trying to figure out what was inside!.. But regardless. No regrets! I received a tracking number yesterday but thought it was weird because it only listed the samples. Got here today. There was indeed 3 samples inside.. Nicely packed and secured with tissue paper. No sign of the rest of the stuff??

My order from Rodial had the gift with purchase come separately and the actual stuff I ordered come the next day.Hopefully yours comes soon too.

Anyone have the Vintage Vamp quad? How do you guys like it? Would you say it's comparable to anything currently out? I love the burgundy reds and pinks of it and it seems a little different than Modern Renaissance and Tom Ford Honeymoon.

@flyte I have it, and I think it's OK. I do find the shadows to be a bit stiff and hard to work with, and they crease, even with primer. However, of all the CT quads, I'd probably recommend this one because the colors are the most unique. I can swatch it compared with similar colors in MR and Honeymoon tomorrow.

that would be so awesome if you could! everyone is making burgundy colors now and i am getting overwhelmed haha

I put the swatches in the swatch thread. http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/m-p/2620777/highlight/tru...

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

I have it, and it definitely leans a bit more purple on me. That said, I do enjoy it, particularly the mattes. I'm not as impressed with the pale shimmer. I don't have the other palettes you mentioned, but it does look somewhat similar to the ABH palette if you're focusing on the burgundy shades. In sum, I think it's a nice treat, but it's not so unique that nothing else will do.

thanks for the reply! yeah what drew me towards it was that it could lean purple or red depending on your skintone! i'm hoping for a more plummy red color and not brown-red!

I have the quad and it is one of my favorite quads from her line and in general (probably because it brings out my green eyes and works well with my fair skin). I have TF Honeymoon and it is different than that one as I find those shades are more purple. It is wearable for day and night, depending on how you choose to apply the shades. If you like the burgundy shades you will not be disappointed in the quad imo.

That's so interesting! I am hoping it goes more plum red too since I have brown eyes and fair skin 😄

Anyone getting today's deal??? The mystery bag?

I looked at the list of what it could include and I'm not really interested in any of the products they're offering. Definitely do not need another makeup bag, don't need Scent of a Dream, the only thing I'm remotely interested in is the Colour Chameleon...but that to me is not worth getting the bag for!

@k617where did you find that info?

@veronika23someone (Edit: TraceyEB) posted what Really Ree posted in the previous page... I think that one's the UK version worth 300 GPB (cost 150 GBP though) and quite honestly I wouldn't even pay the $100 CAD for that (even if the products do add to 300 GBP):

The Lucky bag is worth £300 and will include a surprise edit of:

•  3rd Edition Makeup Bag
  • Colour Chameleon: Bewitching Black
  • Colour Chameleon: Enchanting Indigo
  • Filmstars on the Go: Eve
  • Legendary Brows: Clear
  • Magic Cream
  • Mini Goddess Skin Clay Mask
  • Pencil Sharpener
  • Mini Wonderglow
  • Lip Lustre – Portobello Girl
  • Scent Of A Dream – 30ml
  • Gift Box  

It would have been nice if they'd listed options for the US version, because I would have saved myself the trouble!  My shipping notification said the 3rd edition makeup bag, colour chameleon in bewitching black, filmstars on the go Eve, mini magic cream, and mini mascara.  Back it goes!  I wanted to try eyeshadows, not get an overpriced makeup bag and palette from 2015.

@k617Thanks so much! Skipping 🙂

I got the mystery deal! 🙂

It's the only thing I've purchased so far for BF/CM, so I'm okay with taking the risk & I tend to not be able to resist surprises haha.

@veronika23  I decided to skip. Believe me, I've done plenty of damage.  But I'm with @jesscheems and don't want to take the risk on "mystery".  Not for $75.  I know these usually end up being great deals...but...I think you'd agree that I already have enough makeup (that I might not use).  So, no.

The 'mystery' part scares me 😄

@meganlisa@jesscheems

The mystery part scares me too... but wondering if it could be a great deal... every year I want to Beautylish Lucky bag... every year I pass... Wish I hadn't the year they gave away the big ND palettes... doesn't mean I would have gotten one but still...  ugh I have a love/hate relationship with surprises! Maybe a skip...

I bought a Beautylish Lucky Bag for the first time last year and was pleased. I didn't get a ND 5-pan palette nor did I want one. I did get a Goss brow set. I got one item I couldn't use. I think we'd be more pleased if we didn't see what everyone else got and "compared". Not sure if I will do it again this year or not. Am feeling a bit shopped-out, with just a little left for the $25 Sephora 'loyalty' bonus and a Goss holiday brush.

testing