Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I will post a pic with it on and give a little review this week.

Thank you!  That would be great!

Gorgeous!  What do you think of the bag?  Worth it?  Quality?

I do really like it! Its vinyl and big (about the size of standard paper). The quality is good so I believe it will hold up over time. The inside is thin black cloth with a side pocket on both sides. I can see the inside wearing down but not the exterior. I bought it specifically for traveling. I plan to put my toiletries in it. It is very pricey $80 but I REALLY like the photograph. Plus I am a huge Jerry Hall fan so that was the reason for getting it.

I wore Glastonberry over the weekend and sadly, was unimpressed. It is more sheer than it looks! It took quite a few coats to get an "opaque" look and it still wasn't up to my standards. It's also not very matte, it has a little sheen to it. I like Love Liberty a lot better and will give Glastonberry one more shot before returning her. 

I agree with meganlisa's description. I feel Charlotte's line is more "wearable" in that the bold, kinda "out there" shades run sheer in order for them to be a subdued color as opposed to a more standout look. I happen to like that about her line but I feel a lot of people won't like that the shades are not as bold on the skin as the color of the lipstick itself implies. Plus I think the pics on her website aren't really "true" to how it applies IRL which would also be irritating.

Glastonberry is just poor quality in my opinion.  It is not about the boldness of the shade - it is as bold as she wants to make it.  It is the wearabaility....it has none in my experience.  Red Carpet is quite rich and bold and wore pretty well.

I think they're all pretty inconsistent quality wise.  I like the formula (and bought many).  In part, I like the sort look as they wear away.  Red carpet is one of the better ones, formula wise, but overall I'd guess that many won't be happy with them...and I'm saying that as someone who does like them and quite a lot.

Tom Ford is much better quality.  I've had issues with wear on other products too...such as the eyeliner...which is gorgeous but lasts maybe 2 hours on me.

Agreed!

Ditto. It's a very approachable, user-friendly line. 

While I'm crazy about her shadows and blushes, I haven't been impressed with her lipsticks enough to get any  (especially for that price). The colors just don't seem to be very intense once you put it on.

Just give them a go! You might be surprised. 

I like Glastonberry, so I'll speak up for it.  I don't think it's matte at all!  It has a shimmer which I find makes it more wearable.  But I can see the shade looking muddy on some.

And I do like these mattes but the formula isn't consistent, in my opinion.  Red Carpet Red, Bond Girl and the nude (Victoria?) are my personal favorites.  But the nude won't work on many.

I had the same bad experience with Glastonberry as well. Of the 12 mattes, it was the color I was looking forward to the most because it was purple. To be fair, many brands have a hard time making a proper, unpatchy purple. Red Carpet Red is my favorite of the CT mattes so far.

I may exchange it for Red Carpet Red since it's been such a hit around here!

Also, a touch more brown maybe, but UD Blackmail is similar too. And their formula is something I LOVE ❤️ ! The first 20 min after application it is demi matte, after which it becomes matte, for me. But it is SO comfortable and does not dry my lips out. I do not have Blackmail, though online it looks slightly more brown than Glastonberyy. I do have 1993, Menace, Tilt and Temper, and it truly is a gorgeous formula !

If anyone wants to see Blackmail in action, I suggest Tati from YT channel Glam Life Guru, she has very good swatches 🙂

In the same berry/purple color tones, I find Marc Jacobs Boy Gorgeous to be gorgeous 😄 (couldn't help it) ! It also is a close dupe for Tom Ford Plum Lush !

It has a matte finish and stays put on me, no feathering and excellent formula !

Hmm, so is it a semi matte? I may actually like this. 

Yes, the formula is semi-matte and forgiving (they describe it as "modern matte" which is not really helpful).

Red Carpet is my favourite too!

I like Love Liberty, but I think I have it more to have it than anything else.  I am glad a matte doesn't dry me out...so I want it.

testing