Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

For those looking at the matte lipsticks - I swatched CT Love Liberty beside NARS Audacious Audrey.  They are very similar.  Audrey might be just a touch warmer.

Top - CT Love Liberty

Bottom - NARS Audacious Audrey

20150828_111800 (1074x1280).jpg

Ooh thanks GC!  I was totally eyeing Love Liberty!  I love the Audacious formula so much though so it's a tough choice!

Are you trying to decide between the two? I have Audrey and it's wonderful. I appreciate GCs swatches though because I feel the itch to try some CT and now I know to skip this shade at least!

The problem right now is I seem to like too many of the CT ones.  Sigh.  😉  

Question: do you prefer the Matte Revolution to the Kissing formula? Or is it mostly on a shade to shade basis? I'm asking because I most likely will order online as opposed to going into Nordie's and swatching myself.

mlovexo, I have only one lipstick in the Kissing formula - velvet Underground.  And I really love the formula and colour.  I might get a red sometime.

I have Red Carpet and Love Liberty in the mattes.  I like Red Carpet more.

Both formula's are good in terms of how they feel on the lips.  Howvere, the mattes are a hit or miss in the shades.  Some wear really sheer and fade quickly.  So I would say, Kissing formula is superior.

Thank you! That helps a lot 🙂

Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd compare Love Liberty with a few other lipsticks that I thought were similar. Turns out, it is pretty unique 🙂

From Left to Right - Bite Beauty Brandy, Estee Lauder Reckless, Tom Ford Didier, MAC Rebel, Charlotte Tilbury Love Liberty.

LL_Comparison.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has used the eyes to mesmerize or the colour chameleons? I was thinking of getting either smoky emerald (colour chameleon) and Cleopatra (eyes to mesmerize) and would love to read any review anyone has on the wear of these products. Thank you!

I have four shades including Cleopatra and I absolutely love them!  For me the wear is great.  They last all day.  But I haven't ever had any cream eye shadow not last all day.  I don't even use a primer most of the time when I apply them.  

Thanks guzelkiz that was helpful in my decision making process 🙂

You're welcome!

I ended up buying the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in 137 Olivine instead. I felt the color looked best with my hazel eyes. I did purchase the CT Limited Edition NP Bathing Beauty Bag and Matte Revolution Lipstick in Birkin Bag though. Super excited for it's arrival!  🙂

Ohh nice!  I'm excited too!  Post a picture when they come.  I want to live vicariously through you!

I will! Since I wrote that I ordered even more lol (shown top of thread). I will post all the CT together when I get them next week.

I saw!  I'm excited for you!  I love ordering CT stuff because her packaging is so beautiful.  When the package arrives everything looks so luxurious.  I'm glad that the quality matches the packaging because if it didn't it would just be sad.

Your post made me drool a little. I have problems lol.

Hi, I use a lot of CT products from beautylish. I really love her light wonder and foundation. The light wonder makes your skin look wonderful on its own. I pair the two together and it's my favorite foundation. It can cling to some dry spots and I have super dry sensitive skin. I moisturizer really well. It's thin and nice build able and looks like my skin! You get a lot of product, it actually cleaned up my breakouts. She has a lot of skin care ingredients in her products. I have her retoucher concealer...it's good but if you have acne you will need more coverage. Her powder leaves my t zone still greasy I wouldn't bother with that powder, Laura mercier makes a better one. Okay... I hope that helps! I also have her eye creams, they are fantastic and her eyes pencils which are also amazing!

ohhh i didn't know she had a concealer! maybe i'll try that my nars creamy concealer runs out

I was at the shops today and stopped at Nordies.  I tried a few more CT matte lipsticks.  Here are my thoughts:

Walk of Shame - pretty colour.  It has a yellow/orange undertone, and surprisingly I didn't care for that.  I am not a nude lipstick person anyway, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Bond Girl - A nude I could actually like.  It is more rosy.  I need a balm on it to add some interest.  I might get this...dunno yet.

Glastonbury - I had so much hope for this.  I was incredibly underwhelmed.  The colour was lacking ooomph.  It wore like a sheer matte shade.  In an hour, all that was left on my lips was a stain, as if I had applied lipstick 8 hrs ago.  I wanted a rich purple burgundy shade.....tons of other brands and lines will offer me that.  This was a whimper.

So I realised that all CT mattes become a bit sheer very quickly....but leave a nice even stain.  I don't mind that.   But for Glastonbury, that doesn't work.

Nars Liv is a richer version of Glastonberry.  Glastonberry is listed as a stain on the site...which doesn't make sense as a matte.  I like it on me...but can see where it won't work on you.

The formula is odd.  I like the way it wears to a stain...but can see that others might not...

And it isn't a true "matte".

testing