Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I already have the Filmstar bronze & glow palette but looking into some of her other products.

Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share esp with her Light Wonder Foundation, her blush and the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder? I'm interested in getting these three things but still on the fence about taking the plunge! 

Please let me know, many BTers opinions have helped me out on products before 😄 Thanks in advance!

Re: Let's talk about Charlotte Tilbury..

I was at Nordies today and tried two shades in the CT matte lipstick collection.  Actually, I tried 3.  I had planned to buy only one so that I can try the formula for an extended time.

1. 1975 red - was too neon on me.

2. Red Carpet Red (I keep calling this Vintage red) - It is a deep red, a going out shade.  I bought this.

3. Love Liberty - plummy colour.  Very pretty.  I will probably get this next if I am happy with Red Carpet.

The formula feels comfortable.  It doesn't skip or anything.  They are more long wearing satin than matte (I define matte as the liquid lipsticks with no shine).  Love Liberty "looks" more matte (it has less of a sheen) than Red Carpet.  But they both feel good. 

I've read mixed reviews about her quads, but they look so, so gorgeous!

Anyone think they're wonderful eyeshadows that are worth the money?

To what would you say they're comparable? They look a little like Clarins.

Or maybe even Tom Ford?

36524, the color combinations in the CT quads are similar to the TF quads (makes sense because Charlotte helped Tom develop his makeup line). Personally, I like CT shadows because they're simple to use for people like me who do not yet have mad makeup skillz, and the quads are more portable. If I can recommend just one quad to start, try the Fallen Angel palette. It's buttah and the color reminds me of an LE Chanel quad (can't recall the name though). If you're more into matte, so far only the Sophisticate palette is all-matte. The only way to determine really if it's "worth it" to you is to test it, preferably from a retailer with an excellent return policy like Nordstrom.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'm not always certain about swatches, so I wasn't sure what kind of true pigmentation the formulation has, but you're right. What's "worth it" is an unfortunately subjective conclusion.

True, reviews are so subjective. For example, when I was super new to makeup, I thought Temptalia's reviews were the bomb. Then as I tried more brands, I found that like anyone else, she had brand/color/formula preferences that she rates highly but I don't like, and that some products that she rates poorly end up working for me. One reason could be that she doesn't use eyeshadow primer during testing, while it's a standard step for me (purely personal preference). Now I just look at her website for news and swatches.

Same here, I rarely find her opinion all that useful unless I'm looking for swatch comparisons. The other one I don't really agree with, despite her honesty, is emilynoel83. My skin isn't at all like hers, my hair isn't, so what she likes really isn't helpful, and actually has been a waste of money a few times.

TF Pink Sand vs CT Colour of Youth - Pink Sand is much lighter, pinker and has gold shimmer.

No flash:

Cream blush TF vs CT NP.png

With flash:

Cream blush TF vs CT NP with flash.png

All three FB&G colors together (before I messed up the pretties):

FB&G x3 comparison.png

This may be a dumb question but is the middle one the new Filmstar Bronze & Glow Medium-Dark Shade?  I'm thinking of ordering thru the Spring app but I don't want to end up with the wrong one.

Thanks for the side-by-side comparisons of all these products!  How would you folks recommend applying the NP cream duo? Mine is in the mail and should be here next week. I've heard fingertips or beauty blender, but was wondering what has worked best for you (I don't have a beauty blender but might have to get one if that's the best way to apply it).

Gypsy, I only use the cream highlighter in the duo.  I use my fingers.

FYI: I apply all my makeup with fingers except powder products.  So that is my preferred method for liquids and creams. 

Personally, I prefer to use brushes for precision sculpting, even with the cream FB&G. It's easy to apply too much product with the beautyblender in this case IMO.

Lovely! Thanks so much, greenchilli & skintester. I'll try both fingers & brush when I get it!  I've been using my fingers for the Colour of Youth as blush but was wondering if there would be an advantage for one method over another for applying the cream duo. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Ohhh thank you for posting all 3 of these together!!  I have been thinking about getting one but haven't been sure which one would be best for my skintone.  Looks like the middle may be just right (although I probably won't use it to contour per se)

The bronzer is pretty warm in that... Not a "contour" really. I use it as a bronzer everyday. And it has some shimmer in it too.

Oh perfect!  That's what I was intending it for. 

I have the two on the left...NP cream, and medium dark and I love them so much! 

I have used the NP cream highlighter almost everyday since I got it.  I have not used the bronzer at all - not sure I will.  The highlighter was worth it to me.  I can actually imagine hitting pan on this....in 5 years.

I don't know what Temptalia was thinking but I really like the NP cream duo. Really nice!

Guzelkiz, as promised, here are the KISSING lipsticks, which I swatched on a sushi plate - because that's how I roll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI). Maybe I should start a series called the Sushi Plate Swatches.

CT Kissing lipsticks x11 daylight cropped.png

As you can see, CT has a good range of browns for people to choose a proper nude lippy from. I hope she expands the color selection in the future.

I will post swatches of the mattes to add to MrsB's photos below.

I'm all for "sushi plate swatches". The colors show up very nicely! And it shows the undertones of the nudes so well. Thanks for posting this!

testing